January 24, 2017, 06:59:49 AM
News: If it is not in arbusers, it doesn't exist.

thailand

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »
Author Topic: thailand  (Read 2493 times)
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:44:54 PM »

this may be a long shot? I am visiting Bangkok next week, if there's any arbers making a living over there
in Bangkok or nearby and would like an arbing chat then please let me know, be delighted to meet you,

recently visited Croatia and was pleased to meet 3 smart and decent guys from arbusers.

Rudolpho
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:46:47 PM »

If you meet anyone, please share some thoughts about how is it there to arb.
Last season I came to a a conclusion that I'm wasting time arbing at home. And decided to see the world...at least a little bit. One option was Thailand as I have some fellow online poker players that are also traveling the world with their laptops and they had gone there for several times. But then again - if I'm going there for longer than a month, then I need to take a lot of stuff with me, so I decided to choose a place that's reachable by car by now.
Anyways - it would be cool to hear some advice from a person that's living there. How about living expenses, internet connection, taxes etc.

yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:02:58 AM »

Last season I came to a a conclusion that I'm wasting time arbing at home. And decided to see the world...at least a little bit. One option was Thailand as I have some fellow online poker players that are also traveling the world with their laptops and they had gone there for several times. But then again - if I'm going there for longer than a month, then I need to take a lot of stuff with me, so I decided to choose a place that's reachable by car by now.
Anyways - it would be cool to hear some advice from a person that's living there. How about living expenses, internet connection, taxes etc.

sure thing Rudolpho, as I am divorced, I have more or less since I started arbing wondered what it would be like and if it were possible to arb in another country, one with of course nicer weather than UK winter, UK is great for arbing and I suppose a good country to live in but "the grass is always greener" as we say, I'd love to find out if it is?

a topic where arbers discuss the things you have mentioned would be an interesting topic.

arbers successfully or unsuccessfully relocating? and how they survived?

me personally, I'd love to live and arb in the states, damn you George Bush!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:07:04 AM by yorkjoss » Logged

Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 12:39:20 PM »

I m sure that we have members from Thailand here and they could say more. I remember a guy from the old forum who moved there and reported some very good opportunities. Only thing to watch is Baht's ups and downs, but this could be easy to overcome.

AnnaPrentice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 04:35:47 PM »

I've been arbing from Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Pattaya) for the past 9 months. Sadly it hasn't been as easy as I'd hoped. One major issue is that its quite hard obtaining a proof of address here in english. Another is the thai govt blocking gambling sites and finally the new british law that has forced a lot of betting sites out of gambling prohibited areas such as Thailand.

But the country is great and has the friendliest locals i have ever met. Next time the Baht goes way down I think I probably will buy a house or a condo here.

Yorkjoss, I'll be in Bangkok 16th and 17th. If youre up for a beer let me know :) Others, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

DeviLisLie

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 07:34:08 PM »

I've been arbing from Thailand (Bangkok, Chiang Mai & Pattaya) for the past 9 months. Sadly it hasn't been as easy as I'd hoped. One major issue is that its quite hard obtaining a proof of address here in english. Another is the thai govt blocking gambling sites and finally the new british law that has forced a lot of betting sites out of gambling prohibited areas such as Thailand.

But the country is great and has the friendliest locals i have ever met. Next time the Baht goes way down I think I probably will buy a house or a condo here.

Yorkjoss, I'll be in Bangkok 16th and 17th. If youre up for a beer let me know :) Others, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
You can use a private VPN, hows the internet connection there?
Im planning to visit Bangkok in November, if anyone will be there you can hit me back.
Cheers!

wibble wobble

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 11:13:53 PM »

Thai Women jealous Yorky!! report bk i follow you all them trades will be worth it haha!

i am arbitrage

my_username
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 10:53:41 AM »

bump

i am also going to thailand soon and am wondering some things ... skrill card? works as intended on atms and paying with it? is it worth it? or it better to withdraw loads of cash?

as for betting, i read bet365 and bwin can be opened from thailand together with a bunch of other soft books, can you use euros or are you tied to bahts? and for those who tried it, how quicker are you limited if you do use currency other than baht? is it even worth it or it's better to arb cross currency?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 11:09:13 AM by my_username » Logged

Bubbles
Getting better

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 12:08:07 PM »

sure thing Rudolpho, as I am divorced, I have more or less since I started arbing wondered what it would be like and if it were possible to arb in another country, one with of course nicer weather than UK winter, UK is great for arbing and I suppose a good country to live in but "the grass is always greener" as we say, I'd love to find out if it is?

a topic where arbers discuss the things you have mentioned would be an interesting topic.

arbers successfully or unsuccessfully relocating? and how they survived?

me personally, I'd love to live and arb in the states, damn you George Bush!!!

I had a feeling you were divorced when I noticed you touring. Lucky you  :D All the best!!

Pete

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »

Skrill card works in Thailand.
I don't live there but visiting often, got friends in Bangkok.
Used my Skrill card for both withdrawals and POS payments.

RoosterDonky
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 04:41:50 PM »

GL on ur travles Rudolpho!!!!!!!

Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!

my_username
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 04:59:02 PM »

Skrill card works in Thailand.
I don't live there but visiting often, got friends in Bangkok.
Used my Skrill card for both withdrawals and POS payments.

awesome, thanks mate

AnnaPrentice

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 04:59:11 PM »

Skrill works, but with 200 thb fee and max withdraw limit is 25k thb.

onliner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 05:52:14 AM »

bump

i am also going to thailand soon and am wondering some things ... skrill card? works as intended on atms and paying with it? is it worth it? or it better to withdraw loads of cash?

as for betting, i read bet365 and bwin can be opened from thailand together with a bunch of other soft books, can you use euros or are you tied to bahts? and for those who tried it, how quicker are you limited if you do use currency other than baht? is it even worth it or it's better to arb cross currency?

If you have long stay visa in Thailand, you can open a bank account in thailands bank(only baht) and transfer money from Skrill to this bank account. You can transfer any amount and exchange rate will be exellent.

NXV

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 12:31:20 PM »

but the transfer from skri to his BAHT account will cost a lot  :-\

Pages: [1] 2
Print
« previous next »