RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

hidden odds in source code

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

hidden odds in source code

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:19 am

Hi, this is a somewhat technical question but I hope someone can help.
Here is an example:

Enter this url into your browser: https://www.pinnaclesports.com/League/Soccer/Finnish+V/1/Lines.aspx

What you get is the finnish soccer league, now press ctrl+u (or other shortcut on other browser) to see the source code
as can be noticed the odds and events are right in there...

I just cant find the ones for tennis on pinnacle , I would also like to get the ones from bet365... Please help, I have wasted a ton of time on this. Show me the links or explain how to find them from the source code. PM me if its too confidential.
Last edited by Arboman on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
abc
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: hidden odds in source code

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:54 am

Regarding pinnacle feeds, all necessary info is here

http://www.pinnaclesports.com/en/api/manual
blackjim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi Arboman.

That Ctrl+U shortcut, brings up the source code of the initial HTML page you opened.
Most of the websites these days are dynamic, so that initial code "changes" all the time.
Prices are usually loaded dynamically once you load the page, since they change very frequently.
Some websites might be rendered on the server, that's why you see sometimes the prices embedded in that initial source code.
Sampong
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:10 pm

You don't need to be scraping data from the Pinnacle website, and they will be pretty hot at blocking IP's that are constantly pinging their site anyway.

As abc points out, they provide an API which is available to any customer.
blackjim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Have anyone noticed latency differences from the feed and the live website?
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:53 pm

As a complete novice on API, how does this work, and will it refresh the Pinny lines quicker than the 90 second refresh on their site.  If yes how do you use it?  Thanks
Never trust a goose!!!
blackjim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:24 pm

dealer wins wrote: As a complete novice on API, how does this work, and will it refresh the Pinny lines quicker than the 90 second refresh on their site.  If yes how do you use it?  Thanks
An API it's a service for developers. You have to write code that uses the API and "gets" the prices.
It's not trivial for someone who's not a software developer.

Whether it's faster or not, I cannot say.
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Well the thing is I have no idea how to use the API, but I know how to make a simple software that can compare the odds from the source code. I need to find the odds in the dynamic sites because softbooks do not offer APIs  :o
Can anyone spill the beans???
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:57 pm

Is there any other way of getting Pinny to refresh every 5 seconds rather than 90 seconds, that would help a lot.  Thanks again for any answers
Never trust a goose!!!
Sampong
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:17 pm

dealer wins wrote: Is there any other way of getting Pinny to refresh every 5 seconds rather than 90 seconds, that would help a lot.  Thanks again for any answers
Not really if you're looking directly at the Pinnacle site.

The API is basically a data feed so to get the real time price updates from that you would need a programmer to build you an application that would give this information to you in a format/interface that you liked.

It wouldn't be too difficult to achieve for the right programmer because the data feed itself is very reliable, stable, and accurate. It's when you try to get data scraped from sites that you start to run into al kinds of problems.

Your other option is to speak to PT or one of the other brokers......  don't they provide a real time odds update interface?

Or you could consider one of the American services like Sportsinsights who provide a visual interface with real time odds updates, but only on the US sports and the major markets.
Last edited by Sampong on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”