Is it too late to start arbing?

Ask anything about smart gambling
TheDoctor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Is it too late to start arbing?

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:18 am

Hey,

I'll start by saying that I'm completely new to gambling and advantage play, and have 0 experience with bookies.

I found out about arbing 4 days ago and have been non-stop reading about it since. One of the main things that is universally agreed upon is that sooner or later - and these days, it tends to be sooner - the bookies will flag your account and your betting will be restricted. I know that there are some precautions one can take to prolong this, but it is ultimately inevitable.

My question is: is arbing still worth pursuing, or am I too late to the party? I have around £7000 of capital that I can invest, but if it only takes a couple of days for bookies to find me out, I don't know if it would really be worth the effort moving that money, subscribing to an alert service and spending the hours only to get a small short-term return.

Once the bookies limit my accounts, is the game over? Or will there always be new bookies to sign up to? How long can I expect to go making decent (10-15%) monthly returns on a 7k investment?

Thanks for reading, I hope someone can give me some idea as to what the arbing climate is like today. Most of the stuff I find online about arbing is at least a few years old
ajeto
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Is it too late to start arbing?

Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:06 am

Arbing is more difficult than it was years ago, bookies are faster to limit you, bonuses are removed or with complicated ROR, fees for dep/withdraws, bookies move lines faster, on the other hand, ppl are saying that arbing is dying already 5 years but most of them are still arbing.

10-15% is possible but when you get limited, forget about 15% you will need to invest more money and a lot of time. So the question actually is, is not better to try to earn money now days in another more easy way than it is arbing. Specially if you dont have a clue about it.
Malteser
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:33 pm

Placing obvious arbs will get your account shutdown in no time, so you might want to learn how to place bets which are value but not (obviously) arbs. These opportunities are more common in-play.
TheDoctor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:23 pm

jakopic wrote: frends=money
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying, ask friends to sign up to the bookies, and then use their accounts? Is that a good idea? I'm pretty sure if the bookies found out, I'd get done for fraud
ajeto wrote: Arbing is more difficult than it was years ago, bookies are faster to limit you, bonuses are removed or with complicated ROR, fees for dep/withdraws, bookies move lines faster, on the other hand, ppl are saying that arbing is dying already 5 years but most of them are still arbing.

10-15% is possible but when you get limited, forget about 15% you will need to invest more money and a lot of time. So the question actually is, is not better to try to earn money now days in another more easy way than it is arbing. Specially if you dont have a clue about it.
Any suggestions for other methods, apart from arbing? As I said, I'm new to the scene. I'm not looking for handouts, just for somebody to point me in the right direction.
Malteser wrote: Placing obvious arbs will get your account shutdown in no time, so you might want to learn how to place bets which are value but not (obviously) arbs. These opportunities are more common in-play.
How can the bookies tell if a bet is an arb? What makes it obvious?
ajeto
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:43 pm

They analyse the market move. IE the odds 2.0 after few minutes drop down to 1.8 which is a real value. When the movement is happening there are arbs between soft and sharp lines. And so the limits come, if you always bet significant amounts just before the odds go down, soft bookies will show you the door soon.

Return to “Newbie's questions”