BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Hello !! Real newbie ! HELP ! :)

Ask anything about smart gambling
Jerk

Hello !! Real newbie ! HELP ! :)

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello guys ! Real newbie here , first post I need your help !
So I have some years behind me at poker and ''regular'' sports betting, at some point at the past I got to learn about sports arbitrage, I was really excited and I also tried Rebel Betting software.
I am now one step before making the big move for me . I am going to sell my bike in order to create my bankroll to get started in sports arbitrage. The amount that I will have is about 2000 euros. I also have 800 euro wich i will give for a Rebel Betting year subscription.
So the way that I have calculated it I will follow this plan :
Playing 2000euro to arb bets between 4%-6% . So I am thinking more or less a 5% return to my 2000eur which means 100 euro profit. And the way that I see it so far with the time it takes from withdrawals and deposits I wil be able to play my 2000 about 4 times a month. That gives me 400euro per month (which is ok for me). So my goal is to make a 4800eu profit in a year with this bankroll.

Questions !!  :D :

1) Am I a complete idiot and dont have any idea of what I am talking about ??
2) Is this a good bankroll or too small ?
3) Is the 5% arbs that I am looking for realistic ?
4) Are you familiar with Rebel Betting and its software ? Is it good ? Should I try something else ? Is there any free surebet finder ?
5) Should I go for it that way or the arbitrage betting works a whole different way and I should learn more before I go for it ?

Notes !

1) When I say that this is a big move for me , I seriously mean it . These money are my whole property . My financial is a real drama so I really want this to succeed , so the risk for me is great here but I really want it to make it happen!
2) Sorry for bad english , not my native language !  ;D ;D
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Hello !! Real newbie ! HELP ! :)

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:42 pm

bankroll is small, and dont pay for a year subscription.
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Jerk wrote: 2) Is this a good bankroll or too small ?
It's small, but you can start with it. As Thordin wrote, don't buy a whole year subscription - it would freeze big part of your money. At the beginning think rather about buying 1 month subscription and the rest of your 800E treat as your supply which you could use when one of your bookies account goes empty.
Jerk wrote:3) Is the 5% arbs that I am looking for realistic ?
You could try to catch 5%, but instead playing one 5% arb you can play ten 1% arbs. High percent arbs are more dangerous - it could be bookmaker's error or it could very fast raise a flag that you are arber.
Jerk wrote:4) Are you familiar with Rebel Betting and its software ? Is it good ? Should I try something else ? Is there any free surebet finder ?
At the beginning I suggest you en.surebet. It's really cheap and good as start point. Before paying ask about 1 day trial to check if it fits your needs.
Jerk wrote:5) Should I go for it that way or the arbitrage betting works a whole different way and I should learn more before I go for it ?
The best way to learn it is to start it ;)
Jerk wrote:1) When I say that this is a big move for me , I seriously mean it . These money are my whole property . My financial is a real drama so I really want this to succeed , so the risk for me is great here but I really want it to make it happen!
Just stick to bookies with good reputation and don't do nothing 'illegal' and you have 99% chance to earn some money. How much depends of your skills and ideas. Good luck!
[/quote]
PepSLO
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:08 am

It can also happen that you will be dissapointed with Rebel, or any other service. So I don't recommend more than 1-3 month subscription for any alert service in start. First of all you need to find service which will suit your style of arbing. I believe that on first sight RB is very easy to use, but you have to dig deeper. :)

For RB: You can open Pinnacle on someone else (if you already have it) and get two weeks free at Rebel etc. I recommend you to use those offers for as many services as possible. For start it is also better to concentrate on smaller % of arbs, because as @arber_PL already said, high percentage arbs are more dangerous and you don't want to lose money on start. :)

Good luck!
Ferda
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:39 pm

If you have financial crisis, don't make arbs then. You shouldn't touch these money, even if you win a lot, because your bankroll is already small.

Also paying 1/3 of your $$$ is crazy for yearly and starting with only 2k. What you expectly seriously? even if you make realistic 10% it's nothing.

I wouldnt focus on 5-6% arbs, it's way too optimistic, they are not that often + you risk getting voids(errors)

Try betringer/rebel (if you can google well, rebel offer 14days trials under specific conditions etc)

But once again, if you don't have money and "need" income. You are gambling here. First of all you need some time/effort invested and higher bankroll. Starting with 2k and being addicted on that money can't end well.
Trevorr
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:44 pm

I would suggest you find a job and do arbing in your free time. You will see how it works. An idea to buy a year subscription is just crazy with the money you have, it also shows you don't think right about money management and you will do mistakes, you can't count you will make living from it immediately.
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:40 pm

try en.surebet .  you can get a week subscription for $11.  it will give you an idea of which books regularly have good arbs. you can develop a strategy.  but beware, there are palp errors, and on just my second arb, i encountered an undetected rule discrepency and lost hundreds.  the service is slow, and the small live arbs available often display outdated odds, as well as pre match.  but yeah, if you take a few high percentage arbs a few times a week, you can make some money.  rebelbetting offerred a free 2 week trial last time i checked. 

as for relying on arbing immediately as your only source of income.... no that is unlikely.  get in to this slowly to see how it works and how much you can realistically make.  and beware that although the theory of arbing works, you could lose money.  there are errors, banning books, bank issues. 
Last edited by Cash on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Newbie's questions”