RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

I'm stuck...

Ask anything about smart gambling
fajastata
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

I'm stuck...

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:00 am

Hello everybody and thank you for every post on this board. It has been very helpful to me.

I've been arbing for few weeks now. Had some major holdups because of registrations taking days and such stuff, and now when I figured its time to start profiting, I got 1e limit on marathon. I made all my arbs partly there and now donno what to do next.

I can't use pinny because of their 5 roll rule and 12e withdraw fee. So I'm stuck.

I've read many things here including the one case exactly like mine with marathon. But still donno what to do. Should I try with inplay maybe, but on what bookies or is there an alternative to marathon, I guess there must be, but I don't know it. It would take much time to try out every bookie so I guessed I'll ask here first.

It would be a great help for me if someone can list a few bookies that they use and very briefly pros and cons of using them for a beginner, likelihood of being limited and so. I guess there was probably this kind of topic before but I didn't find it and I guess things are moving, so I'm hoping for the currents stuff. I'm familiar with SBO, 365, pinny, marathon obviously and Matchbook and BF exchanges.

In any case just a push in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Tnx

P.S. Mods, im sorry if this should be in newbie section. Pls move it there if that's the case, I posted before thinking.
Last edited by fajastata on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
fajastata
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: I'm stuck...

Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:43 pm

jakopic wrote: coral, paddypower, betfred betvictor, bwin, ladbrookers, mybet, tipico, rivalo, unibet, william hill,, paf, 888sport, sportingbet, titanbet, tonybet
Like I see you start with arbitrage. Sooner or later you will be limited with all bookmakers (soft ones). They are ways how to avoid limits, but you need a lot of experiance. But the moste profitable way to arb is to have a lot of friends
Thank you for your response. I guess I'll try those bookies one by one. As for ways to avoid limits I don't even have idea where to start learning. Only thing that comes to mind is using agents. Haven't tried that yet. As for having friends I'm guessing those friends would get limited the same way I was so that sounds like very short-life strategy...
fajastata
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:48 pm

fairpunter wrote:

You used just one soft bookie marathonbet and got limited (bet365 is also soft but the best soft bookie),  other bookies you used aren`t soft.
Use pinny, i think one free withdrawal per a month is enough for you.
Be careful, don`t place like 151.13$  142.64$ bet stakes on soft bookies. Learn more about how to cover your arbs among soft and sharp bookies. good luck
Thank you for advice, I forgot about one free monthly withdraw on pinny. I wasn't using odd numbers but still after 20 or so bets they limited me. Don't know where to start learning how to cover my arbs, but thanks for the advice. All I can think about is making some regular bets now and than and lets say every other bet or so to be an arb.
fajastata
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:34 am

I just got this very simple idea, why not try value bets, right? Over time it should be the same or better then arbitrage or am I missing something? Is there a chance to get limited if betting on values too?
pepper
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:32 am

why do you think that valuebetting will be a better way for you than arbing? Bookies limit valuebetting exactly the same as arbing, they in fact dont care if you arb or valuebet or what, its that you bet on lines which provide value that makes them lose in the long term. Valuebetting can be more profitable in the long term than arbing, but you need a bigger bank in order to get through losses. As I suppose your bank is smaller I would suggest to stick with arbing.
fajastata
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:16 pm

pepper wrote: why do you think that valuebetting will be a better way for you than arbing? Bookies limit valuebetting exactly the same as arbing, they in fact dont care if you arb or valuebet or what, its that you bet on lines which provide value that makes them lose in the long term. Valuebetting can be more profitable in the long term than arbing, but you need a bigger bank in order to get through losses. As I suppose your bank is smaller I would suggest to stick with arbing.
Well I don't really know, it was just a thought. It seem to be much safer and easier to place value bets. You can use just exchanges, which I guess, and I might be wrong, will never limit you or lock your account or whatever. You can actually offer something better than what you see to possibly make value even better. As for sticking with arbing, I didn't find the adequate way yet, after marathon limited me.
fajastata
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:56 pm

djomla111 wrote: give up best solution
Mladjo :D why are you telling everybody to give up :D Could you elaborate maybe a little further, your experience...
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:34 pm

fajastata wrote: Well I don't really know, it was just a thought. It seem to be much safer and easier to place value bets. You can use just exchanges, which I guess, and I might be wrong, will never limit you or lock your account or whatever. You can actually offer something better than what you see to possibly make value even better. As for sticking with arbing, I didn't find the adequate way yet, after marathon limited me.
You're missing something - exchanges and sharp bookies don't limit you, but they're used as some kind of value indicators - they show what is "fair" odd on event, so their odds don't have value. You have to find in soft books odds that are higher than this "fair" odd and if you do, you have a valuebet. I'm simpifying it a little, but that's the idea of valuebetting.
RATTLEHEAD
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:22 pm

why can't value bettors make their business using exchanges only ? never will be limited
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:23 am

RATTLEHEAD wrote: why can't value bettors make their business using exchanges only ? never will be limited
Because exchanges represent the real value of each bet, minus the commission paid. The advantage real value is in soft bookmakers.
Trevorr
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Arbusers wrote:
RATTLEHEAD wrote: why can't value bettors make their business using exchanges only ? never will be limited
Because exchanges represent the real value of each bet, minus the commission paid. The advantage real value is in soft bookmakers.
There can be still value on exchanges and Pinnacle. I know a guy who makes really big money there valuebetting. But it's much easier to make money with soft bookies.

Return to “Newbie's questions”