Range of Questions

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
WebAce
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Range of Questions

Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for some answers on some questions I have and wondered if those with experience could help answer some.

1. I was just about to place a bet with a bookmaker to then login and find out there was a limit of only £35 on that bet. I'm completely new to arb betting so I'm guessing it's a normal restriction (at least I hope so) however I then tried a cheeky second bet (only a small amount) and it let me place that. So my question on limits is that if there is a limit per bet, are we able to place multiple bets on the same result and therefore bypass the betting limits or will this throw red flags up all over the place and possibly result in cancelled/voided bets?

2. When placing a bet, is the combination of sharp/soft bookie important?

3. Pinnacle seems like the place we all need to have an account however as I'm from the UK, is the best way of getting an account via an agent/broker?

4. If yes to number 3, then can you advise on the best agent/broker? I looked at Bet-IBC and also Sportmarket but wondered what those with more experience thought.

5. In relation to these brokers/agents, a big selling point seems to be that accounts wont get limited and higher betting limits therefore is it possible to get these types of accounts across all bookmakers or is it purely a select few bookmakers that operate these broker/agent accounts?

6. Is there a preferred amount that should be used per bet to try and delay account limitations for as long as possible? I have a very healthy bankroll however I wondered if I should stick to say £500-£1000 per bet.

7. Upon looking into this style of betting, the biggest downfall/complaint seems to be how quickly accounts get limited and the short lifespan on things. Is it really this bad or can a long term income be obtained? It's hard to find real answers amongst all the promotion.

8. Finally, there seems to be a range of ways of finding arbs/sure bets and I'm sure for some this may be a well kept secret however is there such a thing as the best place to find these? I've tried rebel betting as a paid trial however it seems to miss out quite a lot of bookies and bets which I see other free sources advertising so I'm not completely convinced with them although they appeared to be one of the bigger guys. I use 2 other free services but I just wondered if anyone had any good recommendations.

Thanks in advance and apologies for all the questions.
Trevorr
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Range of Questions

Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:17 pm

1) multiple bets on the same result are good way to get limited. :)
2) It's important of course.
6) I read an average stake is like £20 if you bet £1000 they will just check your account. But I guess nothing much to do about it if you want to make some money.
7)You just have to find ways to deal with it.  ;)
WebAce
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:08 am

I realise there is little response to this post however could anyone advise if there is a way for a UK resident to operate an Interwetten account?

Thanks
NXV
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:42 am

3. & 4.  yes, the only way to get an pinnacle sport account in the UK is through an agent. arbusers has special deals with two agents: asianconnect & premiumtradings. these two agents have seperate section here in this forum. take a closer look at this, read carefully through the posts and decide for yourself which one is the best fit for you.

5.  you can get these type of agent accounts only for sharps that won't limit you anyway.

6.  i don't think that there is a correct answer to that question. some people prefer to bet lower amounts and try to stay under the radar, others try to hit the bookies hard with big amounts before they limit them. the right approach also depends on the bookie. some bookies will limit you anyway after 5 bets regardless of the staked amount, so therefore it would be wise to play with higher stakes and on some other books you could maintain an active account if you watch your stakes.

7.  it depends what amount you define as "income" and "long term". nowdays bookies limit users very fast and you have to be very selective with the books you put your money in because online gaming is a very shady industry with some very bad habbits. as a newbie you will burn through all the bookies very fast with your own ID and then the real hustle begins when you are forced to start betting with IDs from friends or even bought IDs.
In my opinion you have to have a good knowledge and skills in order to make some long term income. i think only guys who are in the game for years or have very good programming skill make really, really good money nowdays and for beginners it is very tough. most likely you will be able to make a nice side-income but if you are planning on living only of that you will have to put in some hard work.
and also, take a look at some niches of arbing. e.g. i only do offline arbing here in austria and and try to hit some very slow books with nice limits. it's going so well right now, that i don't even bother doing online arbing right now.

hope i was able to help at least a little bit ;)

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”