Basketball mismatched rules

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
leonheartx
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Basketball mismatched rules

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:53 pm

Hey guys,

For basketball the mismatched rules are usually where one bookie says it has to go for at least 35 minutes, and the other says full time.
question is, since a typical non-NBA game goes for 40 minutes, how often does the game finish in less than full time?
I'm skipping many arbs due to this mismatched rule.
my_username
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Basketball mismatched rules

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:55 am

which bookies has 35 minute rule?

the way I know there's only one thing in basketball. whether you bet on 2way money line market or 3way ... some books only offer 3 way while most others, plus betfair, they offer 2 way money line which includes overtimes.

so where are the mismatches?
leonheartx
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:51 pm

For example, in pinnacle all games must go for at least 35 minutes, except for NBA, 43 minutes for the bets to be valid.
Titanbet for example, for European/FIBA games 40 minutes of game play must stand.
So there's a 5 minutes gap between Pinnacle and Titanbet before both bet becomes valid.

Thus my question, whether you guys avoid these 5 minute gap mismatched rule, or cross your fingers all the time ignoring the 5 minutes gap?
NXV
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:30 pm

this rule is only important if a game gets abandoned after it already started. i think there are similar mismatched rules with soccer between pinnacle and other bookies: e.g. according to pinnacle if a soccer match gets abandoned it has to be finished on the same day or it gets voided, other bookies often have a rule that it has to be finished within 24 hours. so, if the game gets finished on the next day but still within 24 hours there would also be a problem like with this minute rule on basketball.

therefore, there is always a little risk like that. but you should take that risk because most likely you will make enough money to compensate a potential loss through a rule mismatch before it hits you eventually.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”