Is it worth making my own software ?

Ask anything about smart gambling
telephoneuser
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Is it worth making my own software ?

Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:58 am

Happy New year everyone !

I am usually the type of person that likes to be a source rather than rely on others.

That being said, my arbing idea came from within (I didn't even know it's called arbing or surebet) and I was planning to make a software, however, after researching, I found that there are a few arbing softwares.

After reading how "Not to get limited" and among all the other useful information for noobies, I read a couple of times that "people who write their own software usually get limited later rather than sooner".

Is this true ? If so, why does this happen ? I will be very happy if someone answered in detail.

Should I invest time in creating my own software or rely on commercial ones ?
testez
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Is it worth making my own software ?

Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:01 pm

there is no way to guarantee that limits will come slower, but its very likely. if u know what u need and how to make it u should create your own piece of software.
easiest way to answer your dilemma: if i would have the IT(programming) knowledge to do this i would 100% go for it.
middler
Has experience

Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:49 pm

if your software scans arbs that "public" softwares don't, you won't be placing the same bets as thousands of people at the same time and therefore your account will more likely last much longer.
However, there are some other things to be taken into account..
GrayFox
Has experience

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:21 pm

i think the markets that create arbs are almost all exposed up to now.
so the scanning would be quite the same.
if you can make it faster & the redirection to the bookies can work much better than the software that are available now then you will be one step ahead.
telephoneuser
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:51 am

GrayFox wrote: the scanning would be quite the same.
The reason why I disagree is because all the free websites have different surebets. I don't know why this happens, but it does.

Also, do soft bookies (such as Marathonbet and Bet365) welcome arbitrage websites who want to be affiliates ?

Return to “Newbie's questions”