RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

reasonable starting goals

Ask anything about smart gambling
bradwww
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

reasonable starting goals

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:04 am

hi guys - can you help me determine if arbing is for me?

what is a reasonable monthly profit goal for arbing given a large starting bankroll?

are there people out there making say $2000 USD a month with 5 bookmakers registered for example?

what is the approximate time invested per day typically with such a return?

that is what i'm looking for as a starting goal, is it reasonable?

is it easier to use an email/sms service when starting or a software odds finder?

any suggestions on the best starting system to use and best 4-5 bookies?

already have pinnacle which is excellent - what others allow larger sized bets like pinnacle and are active with competitive lines?

thanks for the assistance!

brad
raizzak
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: reasonable starting goals

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:06 pm

to be honest if someone doesn't have the knowledge and the resources (if you don't know what are the resources you don't have the knowledge) might be even the best thing to not bother at all.

As for your questions
are there people out there making say $2000 USD a month with 5 bookmakers registered for example?
absolutely and even much more, is it possible for a noobie to do it? Nope (well always are exceptions)
what is the approximate time invested per day typically with such a return?
Depends on the person
is it easier to use an email/sms service when starting or a software odds finder?
yeah fo the second part i don't think they are sms/email services anymore
Last edited by raizzak on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
bradwww
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:07 am

well i've been arbing for only a few months, i just wanted to see what the market looks like. perhaps there are better measurements:
raizzak what is your approximate hourly wage form arbing alone?
what is your return on investment percentage per month of your working capital?
others please let me know these numbers so i can calculate a business plan.
thanks
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:17 pm

bradwww wrote: well i've been arbing for only a few months, i just wanted to see what the market looks like. perhaps there are better measurements:
raizzak what is your approximate hourly wage form arbing alone?
what is your return on investment percentage per month of your working capital?
others please let me know these numbers so i can calculate a business plan.
thanks
You are going about this the wrong way.  This info will be useless once you try and put your business plan into practice as every arber has different methods.  If you've been arbing for a few months, you should have quite a good grasp of "how well" you can do or not.

Try it for a while, do a test run for a few weeks and see how it goes.
middler
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:22 pm

your approach is totally wrong in my opinion..

how can you ask for hourly wage  in a business where every hour and every day can be totally different? you can make 100€ in 1 minute and 0€ in 2 hours.. it depends on many things..

how can you ask for a fixed monthly return on investment in such a dynamic industry, where every single month can be totally different?

how can you compare any other guy with your situation without knowing variables such as bookies, sports, bankroll, live/prematch about the other person?

and thats just the beginning...

it looks like you only want a short answer to make some calculations that will take you nowhere near a real situation.

Just research about the bookies you are planning on using, the sports you are planning on betting, prematch/live, try some arb softwares and do your homework. dont expect to get an answer of how much you will earn out of this or any other post..
RATTLEHEAD
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:14 pm

oh c'mon guys, a lad needs a helping hand, he surely wants knowledge on some AVERAGE return or AVERAGE hour rate.

as for me, I never did arbing professionally, but when I tested it using one ID taking arbs from BM bets and having 1k of bankroll manage to make 10% only. So I left this business as my bankroll was not enough for serious return.
TjTaker
Has experience

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:02 am

But apparently you're back :P
Stay focused and never give up!
bradwww
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:44 pm

middler wrote: how can you ask for hourly wage  in a business where every hour and every day can be totally different?
because you are the professionals and i am not and you should have some idea of the average number of hours you work in a given month related to arbing and the average percent return on your bankroll that works for you. if there are no estimates, how can someone new decide to give it a try if there is no chance they can cover their costs?

thanks for any help any of you may provide.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Estimate: anywhere between 2€ and 750€.  :)

The only "real" number is probably 10 to 15% of your bankroll if you work it full time.  Up to a point.  Don't expect to make 20k with a 200k bankroll without loads of experience.

Expect to make loads of mistakes at first, set aside 2k and give it a try.  See if it's for you with a test run of a few weeks.  You will not get what you're looking for here as the answers don't exist.
Trevorr
Has experience

Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:46 am

bradwww wrote:

because you are the professionals and i am not and you should have some idea of the average number of hours you work in a given month related to arbing and the average percent return on your bankroll that works for you. if there are no estimates, how can someone new decide to give it a try if there is no chance they can cover their costs?

thanks for any help any of you may provide.
I understand you, but you can't find useful information. Your question is the same like asking "How much you can make selling things" . There are just huge differences, it depends on many things, how much money you have, your talent, from which country you are, how much time you have etc.
GrayFox
Has experience

Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:46 am

i think you shouldnt care in the beginning at least for the hours wage.
create you accounts, load them, buy a service for a week, try it out, then decide about the service if its for you. If not try another one.
When you will get used to it & much wiser about your decisions you will find out on your own how much you are making.
also it depends if you can use your bankroll too not just to have it.
so 2000 you can use it. 100 000 for example is much harder to use it so the % is lower.

Return to “Newbie's questions”