RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Do you bet different rules

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
DonkeyKong
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Do you bet different rules

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:47 am

Today I had my first void bet because of different rules.

I bet on a tennis match on WH and pinny and pinny wagers stand whenever at least 1set is completed. WH voids any game that is not completed due to disqualification and retirement.

So I ended up losing on pinny and my bet void on WH.

My question is, does this retirement stuff happen so infrequently that you still bet on different rules matches? Or would you try to avoid betting moneyline tennis arbs with WH+Pinny?
Last edited by DonkeyKong on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Do you bet different rules

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:14 am

DonkeyKong wrote: Today I had my first void bet because of different rules.

I bet on a tennis match on WH and pinny and pinny wagers stand whenever at least 1set is completed. WH voids any game that is not completed due to disqualification and retirement.

So I ended up losing on pinny and my bet void on WH.

My question is, does this retirement stuff happen so infrequently that you still bet on different rules matches? Or would you try to avoid betting moneyline tennis arbs with WH+Pinny?
One time you lose, second one you could win in situation like this.
djomla111 wrote:i made a mistake with baseball bet365 and pinni
maybe you should just quit... the best solution...  ;)
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:25 am

Only do mixed rules when taking very short odds (1.2 or lower) on the book that voids the latest into the match. 

You can occasionally have a nice payday, and if the wrong player retires its not too bad.

EG  Nadal is 1.1.

You back Nadal on Hills for £1000 and his opponent on Pinny at odds of 12.0 for £92.

If the opponent retires after set one you lose £92, but if Nadal retires after set 1 you win £1000.
Never trust a goose!!!
sonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Betting mixed rules at tennis moneylines is simple and can be dealt as dealer wins mentioned. Other sports and markets are trickier. I remember losing a boxing under/over "number of rounds" bet because of the time the knock out occurred during the round.... The books had different rules regarding the time required for the round to count....
De
DeviLisLie

Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:05 am

djomla111 wrote: you were just unlucky ..double check the rules before betting ... i made a mistake with baseball bet365 and pinni since then never again...it happens once in a blue moon...
Once it happens again, give up. Sorry, look at the blue moon first, and then give up.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”