BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Do bookies detect arbers using specialy made bets for this?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines

yes
45%
no
55%

Total votes: 44
Smove1929
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Hello,

I was using also friend's accounts to place same bets (around 40% same) on more then one account. I was plaxing them over teamviewer on their computer (so no VPN,)
However somehow I got limits on some of these accounts on same time. I was thinking , that bookmaers can create some trap bets for us. And if we place them , then they review account manually and limit us. I came to this conclusion ,because I did not get limits on all accounts I was using to place bets and when I look into last week history of placed bet,, I found out there were 3 bets , which were placed on all limited accounts ,but not on non-limited accounts.
yo
yorkjoss

Re: Do bookies detect arbers using specialy made bets for this?

Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:52 am

what makes you such an expert fairpunter? have you insider knowledge? are you an ex bookmaker trader? I think not

bookmakers do not have to set "arb traps", arbers are a small % of their business, arbers with fairly new accounts hitting the same line at similar times or always betting value tells them what they need to know.

the inexperienced guys on here complicate things, claiming fact when it is fiction, there is money to be made at arbing, good money, you have to come up with your own ideas and strategies though, to expect to read how to achieve this on here is naive and lazy.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Yorkjoss, your long silence made me think that you had an accident.
yo
yorkjoss

Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Arbusers wrote: Yorkjoss, your long silence made me think that you had an accident.
I took your advice as I am a dinosaur and retired ;)

the truth is this has become a site for newbies, wanabees and the clueless

still the best there is for a new arber but for a dinosaur not really much to offer

to all the new guys out there, there is money to be made, that guy djomola is wrong
but he's also right too as some people are just not cut out for this.
Last edited by yorkjoss on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yo
yorkjoss

Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:12 pm

fairpunter wrote: Be calm Yorkjoss. According to this thinking, you will not learn nothing else.
there is people who have posted in the past, I haven't learned from them but I have took a keen
interest in what they had to say, I never did read arbusers to "learn", arbers learn for themselves.

the people who I refer to that made interesting  and smart posts, they rarely post nowadays.

I spend one second reading what you have to say fairpunter but I replied this time as your comments
may scare of new guys and that isn't fair, any new guy who has a flair for this type of thing will be a
success, guessing what bookmakers do to capture arbers and that's what you're doing is not helping
or "learning" anyone anything!
Trevorr
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:45 pm

I think they could intentionally make a mistake on some small league like Japanese 2nd league women with small limits. But a smart arber doesn't bet this kind of bets anyway. :))
Trevorr
Has experience

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:50 pm

I think bookies are just very careful with any new account these days, they just limit you anyway. They just rely on old losing accounts.
TjTaker
Has experience

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Trevorr wrote: I think bookies are just very careful with any new account these days, they just limit you anyway. They just rely on old losing accounts.
They 'have' to rely (in part) with new accounts, they have to make money...
Stay focused and never give up!
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Don't spit where you eat. I was wondering why these people who have such bad opinion about the forum are keep coming back here.
pepper
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Guys, think a bit. If you would be a big bookie security manager, why the heck would you do something so ineffective like setting up such trap bets? When you have the resources to code the fastest internal arbing monitor which would automatically find arbs with other bookies and check accounts for arbs and link them. This is a much simpler, more reliable and overall better solution.

No need to think up conspiracy theories about fake trap arbs. I am not saying they dont exist, sure some bookies who dont have many resources could use such techniques. I am just saying that according to Occams razor, when there is an overall better, simpler and more effective solution to catch arbers then why should bookies use inferior methods. Stop thinking in terms of traders who put up fake arbs and then manually check your accounts. Nowadays nearly nothing is reviewed manually, the costs are too big, every control and limitation etc is done automatically.
abc
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:03 am

fairpunter wrote: I hate swaggering, don't you see someone calls himself dinosaur,humilates all others and calls everyone newbies, wanabees and the clueless
I don't think Arbusers is referring to you/your post...  ;)
Trevorr
Has experience

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:45 pm

TjTaker wrote:
Trevorr wrote: I think bookies are just very careful with any new account these days, they just limit you anyway. They just rely on old losing accounts.
They 'have' to rely (in part) with new accounts, they have to make money...
I think every big loser already has an account with many bookies. The growth is just hard in the industry today, there is also regulation and they are losing "good" customers because of it. Many bookies don't do so well, exception is bet365, they manage it well and have good marketing.
gg
gg

Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Skrill might be another good reason for arbers detection.
I wouldn't be surprised if I was told that Skrill are the most reliable stool pigeon in the industry.
my_username
Has experience

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:14 am

sure e-wallets have all the information but these are separate companies, they don't just hand out info of their users to every bookie that asks it

i mean at least not automatically until you're flagged for a review or something
Saloman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:55 pm

I was searching on OddsMonkey for a good price on something to qualify for a free bet. The top result was some horse in some US horse race which was a slight arb so I placed a bet on it. This bookie always does a price boost every week which always has the same max stake and ever since I did that arb the max stake is about 25% lower. I definitely think that arb was put there deliberately.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”