BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Ask anything about smart gambling
stevengerrard
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi folks,

I've been considering arbing to earn some additional income with my capital. Some background:

Looking to test this out with an initial £3k
Aiming to return around £200 in the first month
Based in the UK.
Signed up to around 15 UK bookies to match bet their bonuses (going to continue this until these run out).
Can spend around 2-3 hours on weekdays to arb, and 4-5 hours on weekends

Here's my plan:
1. Spread my £3k amongst 6 bookies. (Betfair, Bet365...etc)
2. Use a cheap arb finder (like Odds Monkey premium for £8 a month) to arb with 2-3% return
3. Do 10 arbs a week if this doesn't tie up all my bankroll (assuming £5 profit per arb)

Questions:
A. Do you think with £3k bankroll its possible to make £200 in a month for a newbie?
B. Is it wise to use 6 bookies? Or should I spread to more bookies? (say 10 bookies with £300 in each)
C. What other bookies would you recommend for me to start with? (other than Betfair & Bet365)
D. How do people from the UK sign-up to Pinny? I've heard there's an agent service. Is it worth it for me with this bankroll to sign-up?
E. Being based in UK, with such a low bank roll and hence stake amount per bet, do you think I would I still get limited if I stick to 2-3% arbs (and using full integers when betting, not betting high odds or randoms like Chinese league 3 womens ping pong...etc)
F. Other arb finders you would recommend for newbies like me?

Btw I hope Djomla doesn't come in and tell me to give up.

Thanks,
Stevie G
yo
yorkjoss

Re: Newbie

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:32 pm

stevengerrard wrote: Btw I hope Djomla doesn't come in and tell me to give up.
maybe he will tell you to learn to read? all the answers to your questions have been discussed several times on this forum, no one is going to take you by the hand and answer all your questions for you with the proper answers, that is just naive, stupid and lazy.

but I will answer one for you, with 3 grand you can easily earn £200 a month but not if you hang around this forum waiting for someone to do your work for you, as I said your questions were naive, stupid and lazy but you are entitled to make a mistake, get your head down and learn for yourself, you will make money!
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi Steven and welcome to the forum,

It is a fact that most of your questions are already answered several times, but since they are ''up to the point'' and include most of the question marks a newbie has in his/her mind, I ll try answer again.

1. My advise is to keep 50% of your bankroll in basebooks (betfair and asian style bookmakers), 30% in both e-wallets ready to shoot at any time, and 20% in softbooks. Keep the number of the softbooks limited. 5-6 would be OK. When one of the softs limits you, replace it with another.
2. You better use a real alert service. Their fee is so low nowadays that in reality it is like sacrificing a bonus you got from a soft bookmaker.
3. Do not set a limit of arbs. Get as many arbs as you can get. If you deposited 100 euros to a bookmaker and you see a 1% arb, go get it enabling the total of your balance.
A. In the beginning you will be able to have these 200 GBP easily, simply because you will have the chance to get your bonuses and your accounts will not be limited. When bookmakers start limiting you your task will be harder. In general, experienced guys with large bankrolls are able to get 16% monthly ROI. New comers will fight for a 12%, but most of them will end up at 5-6% until a good idea borns in their heads.
B. Already answered.
C. Search the forum. A UK based arber has at his disposal almost 50 reliable bookmakers.
D. I comply 100% with the UK legislation and I don't want to answer to this question. UK IPs are blocked from access to the parts of the forum that deal with agents. Read more here: http://arbusers.com/index.php/topic,2570.0.html
E. Yes, you will be limited eventually. Keep in mind that 2-3% arbs might be rare nowadays. It would be realistic to focus on 1-1.5% arbs.
F. Search the forum, there is a section dedicated to alert services.

Djomla will come here sooner or later and will tell you to give up. He has his ways. Keep in mind also that you will do mistakes like everyone in this business. The important thing is that these mistakes don't cost you a lot. This is another reason why money should be distributed.
Good luck.
yo
yorkjoss

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:49 pm

people who have a need to ask these questions are already off to a bad start!

sure the owner will answer and also imply that everyone is making good money and it's all so easy as he has
an ulterior motive, his profit

anyone who has a need to ask these questions must change their thinking and start thinking and learning
for themselves.

basically this guy "stevengerrard!" has discovered arbing and this forum so what does he do about it? he writes
a long winded post with every question he can think of hoping that someone will do all his work for him, the "gallant" owner of this forum then gives him such a positive reply.

let's see how many "real" arbers and members of the forum out there will tell him freely what he needs to know?

the truth is stevengerrard they will not, we have all spent many many hours learning, making mistakes,  many costly, experimenting, adapting, fine tuning. working on our own initiative to become better arbers.

I repeat, if you have a need to ask these questions then you are off to a bad start, at least from me you are getting a genuine response, not influenced by my greed or arrogance.

good luck "stevengerrard" not sure about that name but funny that the patronising owner referred to you as "Steven", if you take my comments in the manner they are meant then you will realise I am giving you valuable advice and trying to help you.
Last edited by yorkjoss on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevengerrard
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Thanks guys, good to hear responses from both end of the spectrum...

So I guess its less talking and more doing for me - going to give this ago and already have money deployed. Will update if I screw up or get limited...
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi mate! Two years ago I have started with 1k, in couple of months I had about 800 pounds profit. I was using bet on value when I started (there where 3 trials there)but all of services have a free trial or very cheap trial. Use them all first, find one which You like. I have never used directed links from services cos someone said it will make my account limited faster. Sometimes before I found market it was too late, but You have to getused o that. You have to be able to take negative arb if odds change, no gambling! (Easy to say but sometimes hard to do:) )I was using two screens as well ( laptop and external monitor ) Read as much as You can. Try to bet only live if You can( evan as beginner), I think it will longer to limit You by bookmaker however I am not sure of that. At the begining my journey I was finding a lot of arbs on Skybet vs b365, and Paddy vs b365. On Sky bet I was limited after about 30 bets( only pre match) on paddy I made about 50 live bets and they limited me to small stakes like 15 pounds.
You have to remember that if You bet under/over always bet over first, if goal is scored or there was a corner You will have massive arb or straight win:)
Good Luck!
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:51 am

You have to remember that if You bet under/over always bet over first, if goal is scored or there was a corner You will have massive arb or straight win:)
Yeap , most of the times what you ll get would be a negative arb
PepSLO
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:22 pm

I have one question.. and I will post it here. :) Is everything ok if I open account on my brother on bookies where I am already limited? We have same address, but I live in other city (new location).. so IP is different as I was . I will change browser and everything else.. Well I know that I will be limited soon, but what I want to ask is.. if there is chance that they won't pay me, because it is brothers account?

Thanks for answers.
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:26 pm

One account per household, if they discover that they will seize founds.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Read the T&C.  A LOT of bookies do not allow 2 people from the same household/adress to have an account.
PepSLO
Has experience

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:33 pm

For example..

3.1 All customer offers are limited to one per person, family, household address, email address, telephone number, same payment account number (e.g. debit or credit card), linked NETeller or Skrill accounts, mobile device (e.g. mobile or tablet), application download or shared computer (e.g. public library or workplace).

Well.. I know many friends which have accounts on they're families and get paid everything... so that's why I am asking :)
my_username
Has experience

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:57 am

this only applies for bonuses

you can have brothers account, just don't take the bonus

and if you have different addresses, how can they tell they're brothers? birth certificate ... never had to send that one ... don't give them ideas though hehe.
Thordin
Totally Pro

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:51 am

If you are limited, and they see same last name, address or something, they will dig deeper. Maybe they wont find out, but maybe they will.
If they do, best case scenario, just limit the account when they find out.
Worst case, you will have built a balance there already, and they will accuse you of colluding in order to circumvent user stake limits ( how absurd!! :D ) and then your winnings will be in trouble, maybe even deposits if the bookie is Rivalo-style.
raizzak
Totally Pro

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:24 pm

my_username wrote: this only applies for bonuses

you can have brothers account, just don't take the bonus

and if you have different addresses, how can they tell they're brothers? birth certificate ... never had to send that one ... don't give them ideas though hehe.
In general you are right but that's maybe for a handful bookmakers (takers) out there most of the bussness are clowns anyway i wouldn't do it. I have done it in the past you some same adress guys (couples) but i had like 6 months breaks
Don't speak for something you have no clue.

Return to “Newbie's questions”