RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Trading ?

Ask anything about smart gambling
AceJack
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Trading ?

Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:56 pm

So after burning so many books ive decided to try to move on to trading. Ive read that BetAngel should be a good program for this ., But i do not know what im doing . So any places I could find info about trading ?

any help with this would be great :)
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Trading ?

Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:24 pm

its not easy, you will have to beat the other pros.
AceJack
Has experience

Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Thordin wrote: its not easy, you will have to beat the other pros.
yea i guess its not easy but i think if i practice I might have a chance.. I  just dont understand how one can predict if the line will go up or down ???
Rudolpho
Has experience

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:49 pm

AceJack wrote: yea i guess its not easy but i think if i practice I might have a chance.. I  just dont understand how one can predict if the line will go up or down ???
;D ;D ;D Priceless.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Priceless indeed!
ProfGambler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:22 pm

AceJack wrote:
yea i guess its not easy but i think if i practice I might have a chance.. I  just dont understand how one can predict if the line will go up or down ???
If anyone know this, he would be a billionaire.

For me personally, trading and gambling are same because you don't know what gonna happen next.
AceJack
Has experience

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:29 am

ProfGambler wrote:
AceJack wrote:

For me personally, trading and gambling are same because you don't know what gonna happen next.
hehe, seams like gambling but from what i can understand , trading trough betfair should or could be more profitable then arbing, but i guess it requires more skill(s) to trade trough betfair. not easy to find info about this. I bearly know how to lay a bet so im a little scared ;)  I like to  place value bets and arbing but every week i get another limit so at some point arbing will be dead for me :(

Maybe I shoud ask some hobos for their ID so I can use it for sports gambling/bonus lol 
AceJack
Has experience

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:58 am

jakopic wrote: In the morning around 10:00-11:00 UK time zone(sooner=better). Look at horse racing. Compare betfair LAY prices with bookies prices. When you see that bookie(uk bookies) have the same or better odd than betfair, back this horse on betfair and automatically trade out this horse  a few seconds before the official start of the race. YOu will be in positive number, but you won’t make a lot of money becouse in the morning there is not a lot of money on betfair.
Extra filter: you should look for this on http://www.oddschecker.com  . IF you are more selective you can bet only on horses that are shortening odds(blue color) on the most bookies, and also if betfair is shortening in price for this horse. And go for odds above 2,00 or even above 3,00. You will hit around 65% trades in your favor.
Additional filter could be if the most money was traded on your horse and it is not the first favorite
thanks alot this is gold ,
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:32 pm

ProfGambler wrote:
AceJack wrote:

Not true. There are gamblers/handicappers/tipsters that make profit year in year out. Obviously they are able to make reasonable predictions. Why they're not “billionaires” and some of them decide to make an income by selling tips? Because they face the same problem as yo do: limits.

As for trading it's yet another beast. In horses you can still make a good money in play but the amount of study required to be successful will put most people off. It's hundreds of hours of watching and re-watching races creating your own rating for each horse for given type of race, terrain, distance, weather, etc vis a vis other horses... And you have to do it all before knowing if it will ever pay off when you put it to practice. Not many will persevere

Pre race is even worse. It was the easiest money on the net, next to arbing I guess, years ago. Now I sometimes have the feeling that there are only traders and bots fighting each other which scare off square punters who in the past would be your bread and butter. I don't have numbers to prove it but a strong feeling that in some fields liquidity went gradually down over the years as traders took over the market.

So frankly, doubt it that trading would be viable alternative for many people. @AceJack choosing and learning your software is secondary to choosing and learning your market. In arbing it's good enough to be good with numbers. In trading you really need to know your market inside out, have plans A,B,C in place and know what you're doing which is just the opposite to your statement.

Return to “Newbie's questions”