RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Using Bet365 Abroad

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
Chills-22
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Using Bet365 Abroad

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:48 am

I was on holiday in the summer of 2014 in a number of countries around the world.
I was also gambling at the highest levels I'd ever gambled at then, placing regular five figure bets. Bet365 actually called me when I was back in England, and asked me a number of personal questions.
Why my level of gambling had increased so much, Why I had been logging in and placing bets from a number of foreign countries in South America, Asia and South Africa, Where my source of income came from, when I explained much of it came from my father they asked exactly what job he did, what his role was at the company he works for etc. It was quite an intrusive process, and I didn't give particularly detailed answers. They never contacted me again after that though, so I can assume it wasn't an overly formal process where they absolutely needed a set of responses off me.
Without even realising (I've done this on a number of occasions)-I was gambling huge amounts of money in countries where online sports betting isn't legal. More often I've done this in mainland Europe whilst on holiday in France for example, but what surprised me was that since Bet365 and I assume other companies I was betting with new exactly my location, they allowed me to place the bets. When the bets won which some of them did, they paid out without any hassle.

I am now knowledgable of all countries' online gambling laws and do not place bets on holiday anymore (so please don't remove my post Arbusers!)-I am just wondering if anyone has encountered any problems with bookmakers whilst placing bets abroad like this, and secondly if anybody else has ever received a call or communication from a bookmaker like I did from bet365, asking candidly for personal information like I did.

Cheers for any Advice, please do not remove my post Arbusers, I am not suggesting or intending to do anything, I understand your need to protect your forum and your users, I am just asking about an experience that happened to me 2 years ago to best understand what happened. Thank you
Chills-22
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Using Bet365 Abroad

Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:06 pm

No I'm not looking for anything, I'm just wondering if anyone knew what happened.
I'm confused why bet365 accepted the bets knowing I was abroad in South America, SA and Asia.
Then why they called me asking loads of personal questions, but didn't seem to mind when I didn't respond to them.
There'll be people who know way more about the company and industry than me who'll know the answer x
Joz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Using Bet365 Abroad

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:04 am

Chills-22 wrote: No I'm not looking for anything, I'm just wondering if anyone knew what happened.
I'm confused why bet365 accepted the bets knowing I was abroad in South America, SA and Asia.
Then why they called me asking loads of personal questions, but didn't seem to mind when I didn't respond to them.
There'll be people who know way more about the company and industry than me who'll know the answer x

I had call from Nordicbet, when I wanted to withdraw my balance. It wasn't in many details as your case, however there were questions, why I put bets also from different country IP address than my domestic one.

Return to “Bookies discussion”