Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Is anyone using it? Any opinion?
Thanks.
neofen
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: ipad pro

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Arbusers wrote: Is anyone using it? Any opinion?
Thanks.
If I might ask, what is the difference between an tablet and a laptop? I understand that an iPad is more sutiable for example when you are coking and want to watch youtube videos but I cant see them outperforming laptops on a day to day work basis.

I own an iPhone 4s so I can share a bit of my Apple experience. The main difference for me is in the price. When you compare an iphone device with a another similar smartphone I see little preformance difference and a big price difference. And again there is the Jailbreaking vs Rooting dilema but again this is more of a preference thing
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:46 am

No question about it, laptops are stronger tools for our job, but an iPad is more handy and easy to carry under any circumstance. For sure I wouldn't use it for hard jobs that might request cookie cleaning, IP changing etc. But what if you want to use your own single ID in the old style classic way? Would it work properly with 3-4 open windows of bookmakers and alert services?
And if we suppose that we want it for leisure reasons, is this a good choice compared to the competition?
geetz
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:15 am

Arbusers wrote: No question about it, laptops are stronger tools for our job, but an iPad is more handy and easy to carry under any circumstance. For sure I wouldn't use it for hard jobs that might request cookie cleaning, IP changing etc. But what if you want to use your own single ID in the old style classic way? Would it work properly with 3-4 open windows of bookmakers and alert services?
And if we suppose that we want it for leisure reasons, is this a good choice compared to the competition?
For the things you mentioned all you need is a chromebook. Personally, I have tried various tablets (Ipad's; Lenovo Thinkpad's etc.) which are better performing than their competitors, but recently chose chromebook over tablet and this is EXACTLY what is needed for our job. Their performance is awesome for browsing, battery life is 10hrs+ of pure using and they're ridiculously cheap. Also you can find models with touchscreen; f.e. Asus Chromebook Flip.
For leisure reasons they are kinda limited as they are chrome based. But youtube, netflix etc. runs smoothly.
neofen
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:56 pm

you have very small laptops on the market today. A few years ago one of my friends had a little laptop, size of  a notebook, he was using it in class. Didnt have a big keyboard (only minus for me) so it was a bit harder to type but I think that thats something that could be of more use for you then a tablet. If you intend to use it for placing bets then you need something more reliable but if you need something for listening music and playing around then tablet is for you .
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:40 am

geetz provided some valid reasons to chose a Chromebook over an Ipad.
Anyway, I think it's just a matter of personal preference and budget.
Ipad is a great tool, reliable, fast, light, easy to use... It can be perfectly used.
Ipad is not only suitable for playing, listening music or watching youtube while you are cooking, as suggested. It is used by very big companies that didn't feel the need for something more reliable for performing critical tasks such as emergency and health care or flight navigation.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:00 am

I see some drones driven by iPads and this is an extra plus that other alternatives don't offer.
NXV
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:11 am

for leisure reasons an iPad is the perfect choice. most apps available, closed system, nice userinterface. but for an arber, i think the Microsoft Surface is the best choice as it runs with windows 10. it can be used as tablet and also be linked to a display and therefore be used like a notebook.
Looter
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Forget the iPad pro.
Get a Surface pro , it is really what you need.
If you want to buy something from Apple , get an iPhone or wait for the rumoured super lightweight Macbook pro  :)

Return to “Rest Area”