RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

How to find the soft side?

Ask anything about smart gambling
adastra
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

How to find the soft side?

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:00 pm

Being a newb in arbing, I've been reading up on it and I read that it's a good idea to always place the first bet on the soft side of an arb. It seems this decreases the chances of the price moving in the middle of your betting.

But how can I know which side is the soft side? Please let me know your thoughts.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: How to find the soft side?

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:43 pm

The soft side is the one in the soft book. Soft books are the ones that usually limit you and don't accept bets, that's why you place the bet there in the first place. Soft books are well known. Or... Sharp books are well known and are very few, and the rest are soft.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
adastra
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:34 pm

I see, thank you. Do you think that Pinnacle is a sharp bookie? Would a sharp bookie ever have soft lines? And if so, how would one tell them apart?
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:36 am

adastra wrote: I see, thank you. Do you think that Pinnacle is a sharp bookie? Would a sharp bookie ever have soft lines? And if so, how would one tell them apart?
Yes, Pinnacle is a sharp. And it could have soft lines, but it's very rare and if you're a beginner you could assume their lines are always sharp. So always the odd from opposite side than Pinnacle is soft. If you have arb between two softs, you have to check which odd is more out of market.
adastra
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Thanks very much! This gives me something to think about. And I imagine that if I find an arb between two sharps (unlikely as that is), I would then check to see which is more out of market to find the soft side.

Return to “Newbie's questions”