RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

redbet voided bets after match

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
AceJack
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

redbet voided bets after match

Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:34 am

Hi so this is my first big hit.. Redbet (heypoker clone) had a few 5% arbs.

The match: Houston Astros V Oakland Athletics

now they hide behind this rule:  In "Listed" markets, bets will be void unless both named pitchers listed in the market start as pitchers in the first inning for their respective teams.

and indeed there was a pitcher change in this match, Oakland's Hill was changed for Graveman.

however:

a) the change was made before I placed my bets
b) unlike pinnacle they dont list their pitchers (one should assume its the latest info they have, no?)
c) they voided the bets after the game
d) they never sent an mail or anything about this

In the bets slip 1 bet (money line) shows no result - just the payout which is the initial stake,
and the 2nd bet over 8 shows tie as a result, match ended over 8

Do I have a case against them or should I just suck it up and move on ?
Last edited by AceJack on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: redbet voided bets after match

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:09 am

The reason the arbs were there, was probably because their odds had not updated with the new listed pitchers...so I don't think you have a case here.

Always, always be carefull with baseball and check the bookie rules before betting.  Pinny has the option to untick the listed pitchers and have the wager count simply as "action" even if the pitchers change, that can be helpful sometimes in books that don't care about the lister pitcher.
vinciguerra
Has experience

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:18 am

In my opinion you definitely have a case.

Their rule is "In "Listed" markets, bets will be void unless both named pitchers listed in the market start as pitchers in the first inning for their respective teams."

This isn't a Listed market, as they do not list any pitchers. You said this was the case, and if I look now there are no pitchers listed today either.

It makes absolutely no sense to void a bet if there's a pitcher change, if they don't list any pitchers. Their rules are also clear about this.

If I were you, I wouldn't let this go.
Last edited by vinciguerra on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
AceJack
Has experience

Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:53 pm

vinciguerra wrote: In my opinion you definitely have a case.

Their rule is "In "Listed" markets, bets will be void unless both named pitchers listed in the market start as pitchers in the first inning for their respective teams."

This isn't a Listed market, as they do not list any pitchers. You said this was the case, and if I look now there are no pitchers listed today either.

It makes absolutely no sense to void a bet if there's a pitcher change, if they don't list any pitchers. Their rules are also clear about this.

Thank you for a beautiful put comment , definitely gonna copy and paste this to their support.
but i fear this will be a long battle..

can only hope they come to their senses at this point,
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Agree with this.  The bet should 100% stand, the book are very rogue for pulling this crap.
Never trust a goose!!!
cristi13
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Redbet makes shit like that pretty often, i've had plenty of voided bets with them, and i think only once i managed to get my money back.
AceJack
Has experience

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:50 pm

its super annoying ill try to get my winnings , but their support is silent atm .. I was hoping I have something for a sbr complaint if I could only make them lose one 1 costumer i would be happy:)
AceJack
Has experience

Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:15 pm

dealer wins wrote:

Agree with this.  The bet should 100% stand, the book are very rogue for pulling this crap.
Ty for all support I got here :)  I still haven't heard anything from their support..  Probably they hope I just give up.. 
Hope they will pay out..
AceJack
Has experience

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:57 pm

So they are giving me the silent treatment,  what should I do now,,?  I think they deserve to get their name burned..  I think sbr helped some people in the past.. 
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:19 pm

AceJack wrote: So they are giving me the silent treatment,  what should I do now,,?  I think they deserve to get their name burned..  I think sbr helped some people in the past..
Report to SBR. You have nothing to lose.
AceJack
Has experience

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:44 pm

luctens wrote:
AceJack wrote: So they are giving me the silent treatment,  what should I do now,,?  I think they deserve to get their name burned..  I think sbr helped some people in the past..
Report to SBR. You have nothing to lose.
im writing an complaint now.. they stand by their rule

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”