RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Softbooker with decent limits?

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
Mi_t_is
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Softbooker with decent limits?

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Hello, iam looking for a softbooker with a decent profits after limitation (about 50€-200€) DO you know someone? What about 18bet and 5dimes? Any experience there with limits? Thanks a lot for answers by experienced arbers fed uped with limitation.
Mi_t_is
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Softbooker with decent limits?

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:47 pm

i have limits at bet365 2€, bwin -. 0€  - really no kidding.  unibet about 10-15€.
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:07 am

18bet is shit - you place 2 soft bets and then they'll reject all your bets.
5dimes isn't that type of soft as bwin or unibet - they usually have sharp lines on american sports, soft lines you could find at soccer, tennis or european basketball
Mi_t_is
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:25 pm

Iam not interested in which bookmaker have soft and sharp line. I can find valuebets almost anywhere, problem is bookmaker with decent limits about 50€

5dimes is sharp on basketball, soft on football - good advice, i looked at my database of arbs and its true.

what is limits for 5dimes, 12bet?
Last edited by Mi_t_is on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arber_PL
To become a Pro

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:52 am

In 5dimes after couple of years I have limits of min. $50 on soccer and tennis excluding challengers.
12bet is clone of dafabet/1bet/etc, so they don't limit.
Mi_t_is
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Any other bookmakers with decent limit or nolimit?
Kokos, CFA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Does Dafabet/12bet have sharper lines than pinnacle for some markets?
alimma
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:32 pm

hey,

I read about the Austrania bookmakers rule that horse betting account cannot be limited below 1000 dollars per bet. Is this true,

is there any bookie holding to this, can someone enlighten
luctens
To become a Pro

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:05 am

alimma wrote: hey,

I read about the Austrania bookmakers rule that horse betting account cannot be limited below 1000 dollars per bet. Is this true,

is there any bookie holding to this, can someone enlighten
All of the Australian bookmakers are legally obliged to bet all Australian resident customers to win AUS $1000 on country races and AUS $2000 on city races from 9am for afternoon racing and 2pm for evening racing.

This currently applies to horse racing in New South Wales and will apply to Victoria from October 1st 2016, and the campaigners are very confident that they will get guarantees for all other horse racing states and all other sports betting within a couple of years maximum going through the legislative route.

Of course the bookies have thrown the toys out of the pram and tried to put barriers up in the way but nearly all of them have now fallen into line and realised that there is no getting round this. The only one I've heard that may be still giving customers' problems with this is William Hill but I'm sure they'll realise soon enough that there is no way round it.

We now have three precedents set for minimum bet guarantees:

1. Horse racing in New South Wales and Victoria with all Australian bookmakers online
2. Horse racing in the UK and Ireland with Coral retail shops
3. Horse racing in the UK and Ireland and all other sports with Black Type Bet online

The campaigners in the UK seem to be pinning their chances on increasing and ongoing bad publicity for the bookmakers and forcing their hand that way rather than trying to do so through legislation. I think the movements made recently by these operators and the increasing pressure and bad publicity from campaigners is starting to pay dividends. After all, if a new bookmaker like Black Type Bet can do a minimum bet guarantee for all sports, then Coral's argument that they can't do it because their IT isn't up to scratch just doesn't stack up.

And there is no way the UK bookmakers can say they can't do these guarantees because they are already betting everybody in Australia and by all accounts it is actually going well for them over there so I can see the bookmakers fall into line pretty quickly with these minimum bet guarantees for all sports online.
Last edited by luctens on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
middler
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:33 pm

I think you are missing something here.
We have to take into account that many bookies externalize the "odds providing" software, so they are not really able to maximize the advantage of their juice percentage.
I don't know the exact reasons why so many bookies rely on this service, and I think it is what makes them "softer", but I can guess it is a cost related issue, or a lack of efficiency/experience to use their own odds.
The only way for bookies, that rely on other companies that provide them with odds, to really avoid losing money to sharp punters, is by limiting or eliminating their action.
Do I agree that this is a good behavior? NO
Do I understand that it is necessary for them? YES

At the same time, if they were able to capitalize on their juice, most of us would not be spending time at this forum, as we also wouldn't be able to take advantage of their inefficiencies.
alimma
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:59 pm

thanks guy
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:03 pm

I'd rather move to Australia than hope for the UK bookies to change their ways  :)

Return to “Bookies discussion”