BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

mobile broadband question

Reliable services and solutions for those who really need it.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

mobile broadband question

Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:35 am

Hi I have a question.

If I connect to my computer via a mobile broadband package and log into my own personal accounts, would there be any problem if a friend logs into his accounts and makes bets with the same mobile broadband device on his own computer? This would be after the device is restarted and would have a different ip address.

Thanks
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: mobile broadband question

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:04 am

Normally no, but theoretically some bookies may check the mac adress of the device...there is some debate about this possibility but I would ignore it as I haven't seen any evidence this could be happening.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:15 am

Alfa1234 wrote: Normally no, but theoretically some bookies may check the mac adress of the device...there is some debate about this possibility but I would ignore it as I haven't seen any evidence this could be happening.
Is there anyway of changing the mac address of the device?
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:54 am

Look for "spoof mac adress".  On desktops and laptops it can be done..not sure about mobiles or routers though.

I am confident, a mac adress can never go "pass" your router as it's only used internally.  I do not believe a website can "see" or "detect" the mac adress of your computer without software like iesnare.

Once your router makes a connection with another router (and it will, no server for a website will function without) your mac adress will no longer be passed along, but the mac adress of the 2nd router will be.

Nice shematic of this can be found here:

https://askleo.com/can_a_mac_address_be_traced/

All in all, I would not worry about a website being able to check or detect your mac adress or your router mac adress if you remove iesnare.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:06 am

Thanks, I have iesnare blocked for the most part but I made a mistake of opening an account with a clone book on the same computer as a friend who has an account with another clone of the same group. I've only accessed the site a handful of times but also used the same broadband dongle, but the dongle had different ips at all times.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:52 am

You only opened the account and barely placed bets there?  Just "hide" your activity by using a better ip/device from now on and you should be absolutely fine I think...

Return to “VPN - VPS - VPC services ”