Anything else but gambling
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Arbusers position on Brexit

Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:59 pm

Arbusers wrote:
Bubbles wrote:
cortomaltese wrote: Are you sure that "leave" is final?!
Are you sure that uk goverment will honour referandum's result?
Remember what happened with the greek referandum last year ;)
BBC NEWS: "Million sign petition for new EU referendum"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629324
A petition is not an electoral activity and therefore has no significance in the decision making process.
The UK could not validate the result of the referendum in parliament. That would mean that a similar to Greece coup d' etat will be taking place, a situation that people could not bear. If democracy is in question in the UK, that means that we are moving towards dark ages.
I'm not sure about that: "The simple answer to the question as to whether the EU referendum is legally binding is “no” (...) This is because parliament is sovereign and referendums are generally not binding in the UK." The whole rationale here:
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/23/eu-referendum-legally-binding-brexit-lisbon-cameron-sovereign-parliament
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:03 pm

I m rephrasing,
If the UK parliament decides not to validate the result of the referendum.
yo
yorkjoss

Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:27 pm

Arbusers wrote: I m rephrasing,
if they were to hold the vote again tomorrow, it would be at least 55% to 45% to remain and
probably even wider, this vote was about other things, the rich getting richer and the poor getting
poorer being a main one, there is 1.000.000 signatures already on a petition, I know unprecedented
and unlikely but a 2nd vote would be the smart thing for the UK to do.

Uk is a friendly nation which welcomes all creeds and colours and in recent history always has been,
fire777 is an idiot, if UK was so bad why would so many wish to come and live here?...it is not,
the EU is not unlike FIFA, it needs change but is slow to do this as too many at the top want the cream.
Last edited by yorkjoss on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
motogpfan
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Agreed. I think most can see the majority is is not significant relative to the likely challenges ahead. I see no one dancing, even of those who voted to brexit
neofen
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:35 pm

fire777 wrote:
yorkjoss wrote:
Arbusers wrote: I m rephrasing,
if they were to hold the vote again tomorrow, it would be at least 55% to 45% to remain and
probably even wider, this vote was about other things, the rich getting richer and the poor getting
poorer being a main one, there is 1.000.000 signatures already on a petition, I know unprecedented
and unlikely but a 2nd vote would be the smart thing for the UK to do.

Uk is a friendly nation which welcomes all creeds and colours and in recent history always has been,
fire777 is an idiot, if UK was so bad why would so many wish to come and live here?...it is not,
the EU is not unlike FIFA, it needs change but is slow to do this as too many at the top want the cream.
yorkjoss, moderate your language cellar and respects those who have opinions different from yours. I have a principle, I do not know the others, as a European citizen in my purchases of goods and services privilege to all countries outside the European Union, so if the UK leaving the EU, the UK goods and services will no longer be purchased from myself
This is just stupid. If you used that logic on everything you would end up stuck in your basement for the rest of your life.
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:34 pm

I read a statistic in the guardian about the origins and race of those who vote ''stay''. I will not post it here as i don't want to make this forum political.
Well said Max.
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:55 pm

[html]Αrbusers considering the possibility to choose the United Kingdom as a place of business. (In result of Brexit) pic.twitter.com/PvwtbpaHK3— Arbusers (@Arbusers) June 24, 2016 [/html]
yo
yorkjoss

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:16 pm

that's a very beautiful flag.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Ok! So many congrats to brits for their courage.
You voted and you chose!
Now it's time to implement your decision!
Start asap procedures of article 50 , and let EU continue without you
Also , I am sure that Brits are aware that their decision will probably mean the independece of Scottish and Irish people
I sincerely wish good luck for people of England ... they will need it , if they eventually really leave!
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:30 pm

yorkjoss wrote: that's a very beautiful flag.
Only some people know that the Saltire is a symbol connected to a Greek.
raizzak
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:08 pm

There is not a single serious person to think that EU is a healthy organisation. But i still believe the Brits made the wrong decision. The real problem by me is that British people mislead by their exit leaders to facts that are not true at all. You all saw the bus Borris Johnson made, the message is definitely  wrong and im pretty sure deliberately mislead the people. Anyway whatever is done is done. I really hope Brits can made it work and really show the road so things can change.

Personally i believe they made the wrong decision but what the hell i know? Anyway you must be really thankful that you had a weekend just after the referendum. The markets are definitely overreacting but the losses the british economy took in just 24 hours are extremely heavy.

For what is worth my sister has a phd at economics (even if the macroeconomics is not the area of her specialization) and she also agrees that Brits made the wrong decision and their economy will take a heavy hit for the foreseeable future.
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:39 pm

raizzak wrote: There is not a single serious person to think that EU is a healthy organisation. But i still believe the Brits made the wrong decision. The real problem by me is that British people mislead by their exit leaders to facts that are not true at all. You all saw the bus Borris Johnson made, the message is definitely  wrong and im pretty sure deliberately mislead the people. Anyway whatever is done is done. I really hope Brits can made it work and really show the road so things can change.

Personally i believe they made the wrong decision but what the hell i know? Anyway you must be really thankful that you had a weekend just after the referendum. The markets are definitely overreacting but the losses the british economy took in just 24 hours are extremely heavy.

For what is worth my sister has a phd at economics (even if the macroeconomics is not the area of her specialization) and she also agrees that Brits made the wrong decision and their economy will take a heavy hit for the foreseeable future.
The EU has been a FAIL waiting to happen since it got political.  Trading agreement (common market) was a good idea, imposing one size fits all interest rates, taxes and millions of stupid rules and regulations was never going to work, and rich nations paying for poor nations is not a sustainable solution.

It will crumble, and the UK being out early will be flying when the house of cards falls. But shares, sell Euros.  Give it 5 years max, might even happen within 2 years or less!
Never trust a goose!!!
arbusers
Administrator

Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:46 am

Stock Markets are an everyday's referendum.
Lets see who had the biggest damage this Friday.
What is the UK?
DAX: -6.82%
CAC: -8.04
MIB: -12.48
IBEX: -12.41
and guess what...FTSE: -3.15
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:14 am

Arbusers wrote: Stock Markets are an everyday's referendum.
What is the UK?
Amazing, the numbers beyond the hysteria show this could be a great decision.
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:09 am

Skaggerak wrote:
Arbusers wrote: Stock Markets are an everyday's referendum.
What is the UK?
Amazing, the numbers beyond the hysteria show this could be a great decision.
Because financial markets are always right???

Anyway, more than the Brexit itself or the economic consequences I'm pretty amazed about the number of people who want things back to "how they were". the world is changing: we as arbers especially know we need to adapt to survive, not close the curtains and lock yourself in your own house.  The fact Brexit was mostly backed by old people, while young people predominantly voted "Remain" says it all really.

Return to “Rest Area”