BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Neteller verify permissions with bookies

Neteller: Verification within 1 day | Fastest way to Gold VIP | Higest limits to NET+Mastercard
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Neteller verify permissions with bookies

Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi all, never came across this before and thought I should ask about it.

For the first time today when depositing into a book through Neteller I've been asked to allow Neteller to provide the company I'm depositing to access to name, country, dob, address, account preference (whatever that is, I presume just whether or not the account is business/personal), and gender.
Is this a commonplace scenario? I'm presuming it is and will carry on as usual as I often overthink these things. I just thought I'd ask in here as I always like to get some reassurance from the smart crowd on here.
Thanks and respect
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Neteller verify permissions with bookies

Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Skaggerak wrote: Hi all, never came across this before and thought I should ask about it.

For the first time today when depositing into a book through Neteller I've been asked to allow Neteller to provide the company I'm depositing to access to name, country, dob, address, account preference (whatever that is, I presume just whether or not the account is business/personal), and gender.
Is this a commonplace scenario? I'm presuming it is and will carry on as usual as I often overthink these things. I just thought I'd ask in here as I always like to get some reassurance from the smart crowd on here.
Thanks and respect
I had same today with 188bet when i wanted withdraw,i couldnt withdraw until i agree to share NT data with them.
What is next?
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:16 pm

I presume there is nothing about transactions on this as it would be considered a major breach of ethics on the part of the company.
The amount of information seemingly required by e-wallet transactions is staggering, its about time they completely stopped accepting them if they view anyone that accesses that method with suspicion.

For instance a copy of a bill or bank statement does not need to include every point of transaction on it as it is a violation of privacy and security. It is just the account information that is necessary to show as proof. Nothing seems to have changed here but it could be a situation that allowing access to information allows some sort of dialogue between e-wallets and bookmakers that is only specified elsewhere.
Last edited by Skaggerak on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:00 am

this has been happening for a long time, now they just ask for our ''permission''
na
najlepiej

Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:28 am

I have also noticed it at 188 while trying to deposit.
So far I was asked to give account ID and secure ID, now they ask not onlfy for account ID and secure ID, but also for password to my account!
Cube Limited has requested access to your NETELLER account. In order to protect your personal information we require you to sign in to your account and verify the requested permissions.
There is a new window opening https://cashier2.188bet.com/en-gb/my-account/postform and then it is being redirected to https://api.neteller.com/v1/oauth2/authorize?...

When I asked Neteller suport to comment it, they have sent me reply which is part of their terms, including sentence:
It is normal for the merchant to ask for your Account ID, Secure ID, or your email address, but we recommend not providing the password to your NETELLER Account.

What do you think guys? Is it safe to enter the password this way?
Thordin
Totally Pro

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:27 pm

they cant get your password from the neteller api.
I used it lots of times on smaller bookies, when you want to deposit via neteller it redirects to the api.
Check the address bar, it says https://api.neteller.com
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:36 pm

There's also a column in security now that shows another app has access to your account, I've never seen this before. It might not have your password but what access does it have? Transaction history perhaps? Potentially very intrusive and unethical.
Thordin
Totally Pro

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Skaggerak wrote: There's also a column in security now that shows another app has access to your account, I've never seen this before. It might not have your password but what access does it have? Transaction history perhaps? Potentially very intrusive and unethical.
ask neteller for specific information about that, im curious what they will say
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:04 pm

This looks like a prisoners dilemma where the 2 prisoners must have a deal prior to the question.
The best reaction should be NO. Do not give them access to your Neteller account.
This is a shame IMO.
I will bring this to NT management to see what their reaction is.
Thordin
Totally Pro

Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:30 pm

These greedy e-wallets and bookies are just begging blockchain /  bitcoin alternatives to take over the gambling market.
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Bitcoin will never be fully mainstream in my opinion, at least not in the gambling market. There are a lot of issues with it but I think the main issue would be getting the general public to understand what the hell it is. I'm sure there are a large percentage of customers that even 15 years on since the start of exchanges, they still bet at bookmakers rather than exchanges because they are familiar with how the bookies work and they don't understand or can't be bothered to understand how an exchange works. So if they can't get to grips with how exchanges work in comparison to bookmakers, no chance in my view of the general public ever fully catching onto how bitcoin works in comparison with debit cards and e-wallets.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:41 pm

Thordin wrote: These greedy e-wallets and bookies are just begging blockchain /  bitcoin alternatives to take over the gambling market.
I don't think this is likely. First off, the markets contracting from the saturation point of what, 5 years ago? Maybe I'm wrong there. Bookies are taking on less less business, they're really trying to vulture on the in-shop machine betting gamblers. Look at a bookie like Stan James for example, complete parasitic business, a bookie only in name but really just a disguise for a virtual gaming business. More and more customers are being turned away unless they are the most vulnerable in society.
Besides smart gamblers (who are using exchanges and Asians), and poker players, how many people are actually using these ewallets anymore? The kind of customer these businesses want is becoming more geared towards the Stan James business model, and less towards Bet365, who still dominate the local industry because they recognise that even the smartest bettor will have to work extremely hard to come out on top with them.

How are new transaction methods going to change the market if the current methods and companies that use  them are in bed together?
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Thordin wrote:
ask neteller for specific information about that, im curious what they will say
No live chat anymore either as far as I can tell.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:45 pm

I brought this thread to the attention of our NT manager and here is his statement:

''This is a request from the Merchant and we would never ask our customers to give access of their personal data to the merchants.
I do not advise for the customers to grant such access, no matter who asks this''

Thank you.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:56 pm

So 188 is dead and buried then? Shame

Return to “Neteller ”