BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Neteller verify permissions with bookies

Neteller: Verification within 1 day | Fastest way to Gold VIP | Higest limits to NET+Mastercard
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Neteller verify permissions with bookies

Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Skaggerak wrote: Has anybody approached 188bet in regard to what information they are extracting from users accounts and why they are doing so?
I was hoping as per my previous post that Arbusers will push his Neteller manager to improve on their poor original response and take a more pro-active approach to this situation and for Neteller to contact 188Bet directly. As I said before, Neteller contacting 188Bet is likely to have a lot more clout than one of us individually in terms of sorting this issue out as if one of us contacted them, they are likely to be very vague and not give us much info about why they are asking for these permissions.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:14 pm

luc, i brought your post to the attention of our manager who didn't react to it.
MUCHBET
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:01 pm

Also for me now 188bet is a nogo - withdrew remaining balance (incl. agree of sharing date from NT) - but gone forever...

BUT one thing never seen before - second withdrawal was @NT within 1sec  :)
Last edited by MUCHBET on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Only play there recreationally but plan to to follow suit if their actions aren't made clearer.
luctens
To become a Pro

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Arbusers wrote: luc, i brought your post to the attention of our manager who didn't react to it.
Thanks for trying anyway Arbusers. Yet another inept reaction from Neteller. For the size of businesses they are, Skrill and Neteller aren't half mickey mouse in some areas, especially customer service.

I have taken it upon myself to contact 188Bet on live chat as Neteller couldn't be bothered and I've got some further information about these permissions.

They said that they ask for two profiles, the basic profile and enhanced profile and they must be given access to both profiles for them to process a transaction.

The basic profile consists of first and last name and country of birth and date of birth.

The enhanced profile consists of address, account preferences and gender.

I tried to press them on exactly what account preferences they could see and they just kept saying account preferences and wouldn't elaborate so I assume it is the e-mail preferences they can see in the settings section of Neteller.

They insisted that they cannot see the Neteller password, secure ID or transaction history, only the details listed above and no more details than that.

I have said that Neteller have advised against giving 188Bet these permissions and that if all customers follow Neteller's advice then no further deposits or withdrawals will ever go through between 188Bet and Neteller and I asked for their view on that and they just said that this is their procedures and they said there are other payment methods you can use if you prefer.

They said the reason for them starting to ask for these permissions is a request from their payment provider for security purposes.

I pointed out to them that if it is only name, address, date of birth etc that they want to verify that every other gambling company would just ask for a screenshot showing these details and not ask for access in any way to the Neteller account and I asked if a screenshot would be sufficient. They said it wouldn't and this is their procedure.

If you are taking 188Bet on their word then all they can see with their permissions is your name, address, date of birth, gender and which e-mail addresses are registered to your account. If this is correct then the details you would be showing to 188Bet would be pretty much the same details that any gambling company would ask to verify if asking for a screenshot of the account so if 188Bet are telling the truth then you aren't putting yourself under any further security risk giving them access to these details than you are when you send any other company a screenshot verifying your Neteller account details.

The issue is whether you believe 188Bet that these permissions do not allow them to see any further sensitive details. It is only really Neteller that can answer for sure what exact details the basic and enhanced profile would give access to but they haven't really been any help so far. As 188Bet are a reputable company, I am inclined to believe them in what they say about the exact information they can access by giving these permissions.

Having said that, given these permissions aren't required for Skrill or card deposits, I believe it is only sensible to use Skrill or card going forward to be absolutely sure that you aren't giving away sensitive details to 188Bet.

MUCHBET saying 188Bet is a no-go. Maybe you've been put off by these requests by 188Bet but I would say that having discussed it with them I wouldn't have many concerns over using Neteller but certainly nothing has changed in my view about depositing by Skrill or card so I would say to anybody that I would continue to use 188Bet but to be absolutely sure, use Skrill or card.
GrayFox
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:05 pm

Last time i had a similar issue (bookie asking for transaction history), skrill's answer was "we cant do anything about it bcz its between you & the bookie). Unprofessional & not true as skrill was involved.
After managing not to send the document they wanted & finally got my withdrawal finding a trick on their terms & conditions, i managed to talk on the phone with skrill several times asking for more details. It was on the gobetgo scam period so my point was to find if they share information with bookies.
After pointing out that sharing info of their customers with bookies is violating our privacy etc etc, their answer was pretty simple & clear. "Bookmakers are our customers too".

sportoboy
Has experience

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:12 pm

GrayFox wrote: "Bookmakers are our customers too".
Despite this quote, they actually treat merchants as partners and us as simple customers. At some point they might realize that this is a mistake. 
antemartic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:04 am

fairpunter wrote:
sportoboy wrote:
GrayFox wrote: "Bookmakers are our customers too".
Despite this quote, they actually treat merchants as partners and us as simple customers. At some point they might realize that this is a mistake.
e-wallets know that "No bookies,no their business". First e-wallets care bookies and second they care customers (arbers,traders). It is 2016, e-wallets share all customers information, no other point. be sharpest.
I agree. Changed skrill address to get card where I rent flat. After deposit to greek they sent me e-mail different address at skrill and greek to update my address. I recived card so update my skrill address. after maybe half hour recived e-mail from them we see your address is updated. So without deposit they are able to see it
makarid
To become a Pro

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:23 am

So, what can we do about that?
my_username
Has experience

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:48 am

move on to the next bookie
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:10 pm

my_username wrote: move on to the next bookie
Until the trend continues
sportoboy
Has experience

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:33 pm

It seems that Sbobet requires the exact same shit now ("give us access to your neteller account in order to procceed with the withdrawal"). Anyone else with the same experience?

After following the rest of the process, you are guided to nt page and receive the following message:

"SBOBET has requested access to your NETELLER account. Please verify the requested permissions below.
I allow NETELLER to provide SBOBET with the following:
Basic Profile Allow access to your first name, last name, country and date of birth."
Last edited by sportoboy on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:45 am

Just thought I'd leave this here, quite vague but I wouldn't be surprised if we start to have an influx of these kind of posts on here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057633590
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 am

Reason number 784456 to use debit cards and not E-Wallets.  A bank would NEVER discuss or disclose personal or account info with a third party ever!

E-Wallets dont respect data protection or privacy one bit, its a highly illegal practice, but no regulator seems to do anything about it.
Never trust a goose!!!
kapetan1122
To become a Pro

Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:10 am

Pinnacle ask me same thing on my new account that i opened one week ago.

Return to “Neteller ”