Tipsters blacklist

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tipsters blacklist  (Read 632 times)
blackjim

View Profile

blackjim

Tipsters blacklist
« on: July 10, 2016, 07:07:00 PM »

I was always wondering how people are convinced by tipsters.
I mean, if they are consistently "winning", they can just scale up their stake and make lots of money. Why sell a subscription for a few tens of Euros?

So here's a list that someone made, reviewing them ( also doubt whether he spent money and time using all of them... )
http://bettingscams.weebly.com/tipsterblacklist.html

Maybe whoever used any tipsters from "arbusers", can contribute so we can have a blacklist here as well?
Samael

View Profile

Samael

Re: Tipsters blacklist
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 08:26:03 PM »

Well people are convinced by their previous records and stats of course..half year or year of good results at least generally suggest tipser has advantage on particular market with maybe few exceptions of main football leagues and Nba,Nfl.There is lot of money on that and you need something more then few positive months to be sure is that someone really sharp.

As a tipser i like to share some of my tips to limited number of customers,it can give you some extra earnings for example pinnacle markets with smaller limits and it helps me keep focus,i tend to overbet if i play only for myself,when i have people relying on me i go with more quality rather then quantity..

Im not sure blacklist can be made,scammer can always go someplace else and do his thing with another nickname or whatever
Thordin
Pro

View Profile

Thordin

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 11:46:14 AM »

Consider the following scenario.
I have free time and decide to scam a few bettors for a few subscriptions.
I make 20 accounts, register on those tipster monitoring service for free and start uploading tips.
Random tips.
If I use soft bookies, I add some value bets too. I dont care if you cant bet them, value bets on BetVictor or Betfred make good stats.
If i want to be a 'beat the asians' tipster i just add random tips.

After one month, 3-4 of those will have good stats, about 10 will be break-even, and 6-7 will be in red.
I dump the 6-7 and make new ones.

Every account that goes on a bad streak, I dump and make a new one.

Probably before one year I will have at least one 6-month old verified account with good stats. Then I start charging some money, €5 a week, or €15 a month or some bullshit low amount, I call it 'your daily newspaper' or something like that.

Now, I might never make it to a 12 month winning streak, I dont know when exactly the math will catch up to me but i might.
Say a 20% chance.
I might put the time and effort to maintain more than 20 accounts.

And, of course there are many many other little scammers wannabe out there trying their chances, so there will be 1-year winning accounts, even 2year winning accounts.

So, before we say ''What are the chances this is just luck, so many tips, its more than luck it is skill'', pause and realise that luck and chances are irrelevant.
They are irrelevant if we have a huge sampling base to select from.
Irrelevant since we are blind to the 'graveyard' of tipsters.
If we saw the thousands of failures, we would see that it is statistically impossible to not have a handful of successes.
Gamblers Ruin

View Profile

Gamblers Ruin

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:50:57 PM »

IMO all tipsters are frauds (perhaps unintentionally) for precisely this reason. In fact I had a go at this myself and came up with:

https://www.pickmonitor.com/user/Simplepicks01

The big question is - do I use this account to scam money off gullible people, or raise awareness?

(right now it's not on the main rankings page because the account is "inactive", but if I place one more pick it will be back to the top of the leader board by a mile)

Win->bet more->lose->bet same-> bankrupt
Pages: [1]
Print