I want to use rebel betting how long untill you get limited

Ask anything about smart gambling
andy_p
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

I want to use rebel betting how long untill you get limited

Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:56 pm

Hello,

If i use all the known techniques for arbing like betting round numbers, only betting on arbs that arrent bigger then 5% , betting only on the same sports. Can you last with 50 bookies for 2 years or you`re preety much get limited on all of them within the first year.
AceJack
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: I want to use rebel betting how long untill you get limited

Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:04 pm

andy_p wrote: Hello,

If i use all the known techniques for arbing like betting round numbers, only betting on arbs that arrent bigger then 5% , betting only on the same sports. Can you last with 50 bookies for 2 years or you`re preety much get limited on all of them within the first year.
I burned about 50 books in about 1 year....
RoosterDonky
Has experience

Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:46 am

Remember major sport leagues also.
Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!
middler
Has experience

Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:09 am

Don't focus so much on these rules about round numbers, same sport, same stake, or whatever.
Long story short, if you beat the line consistently you will be limited by soft bookies, period.
The main advice I can give you is to avoid placing the same bets at the same time as thousands of people.
And in order to do that, you have to work a bit harder than the rest and not just rely on the arb alert that you will get at any arb software.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:01 am

middler wrote: The main advice I can give you is to avoid placing the same bets at the same time as thousands of people.
Is this not the best time to place bets? It's harder to be noticed in the crowd than when you're on your own
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:46 pm

It's been a debate going on for years on how best to stop limits and unless you are one of the sorts of bookmaker traders on the inside that makes these decisions and knows the full procedure, nobody will ever know for sure what is good and what is bad in terms of stopping limits.

What you have think like is that how can you try your best to look like a mug and therefore a desirable customer for the bookmaker. There are plenty of little things you can do to try and look like a mug punter but these will only work for so long, as when it's all said and done and when it comes down to it, you have to be betting at the bookmakers' value prices in order to be able to lock in arbs, and that's the giveaway as the vast majority of mug punters will bet on crap prices and maybe by coincidence they might bet on a value price on 1 out of every 20 bets so if the bookmaker's sees that pretty much all of your bets are at value prices, you are looking to be on their radar very quickly.

With arbing, you have to be betting on value prices pretty much every time as even though you could throw in some mug bets every now and again, you can't make too many of these as the losses on laying off those bets would accumulate too much, so the vast majority of your bets simply must be on value prices in order to get the arbs.

So there are many things you can control about the way you operate an account, the way you can try to look to a bookmaker etc, but the one vital thing you are not in control of is that you must bet on value prices a vast majority of the time, and in my opinion betting on value prices is the single biggest thing that the bookmakers' algorithms and traders will pick up on easily, but it is also the one thing that is unavoidable from an arber's point of view.

If you don't bet on value prices, you most probably won't get limited by the bookie, but at the same time not backing value prices means you won't get arbs and won't make any money, and vice versa. So it's a classic catch 22 situation.
Last edited by luctens on Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catchmeifucan

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:17 am

Skaggerak wrote:
middler wrote: The main advice I can give you is to avoid placing the same bets at the same time as thousands of people.
Is this not the best time to place bets? It's harder to be noticed in the crowd than when you're on your own
Yeah,and you will be limited together with the crowd newbies.
cupac
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:05 pm

middler wrote: Don't focus so much on these rules about round numbers, same sport, same stake, or whatever.

The main advice I can give you is to avoid placing the same bets at the same time as thousands of people.
And in order to do that, you have to work a bit harder than the rest and not just rely on the arb alert that you will get at any arb software.
That is interesting and surprising. For everybody says to mind about round numbers and so on.

And how possibly can I find interesting arbs that the alert services will not detect? I'm not a genius able to calculate possible arbs in a matter of milliseconds.
And even if I could, how come these arbs will kept me under the radar? They would still be detectable by bookies, wouldn't they?

I'm bit confuse there !
csampion
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:18 am

This "rounding stakes" thing is not even an issue to consider, if you think about it. Most of the time you'll be betting a soft bookie against a sharp one (in this order), and for the soft bookie, you instinctively bet a round number (there is no reason not to, as this is the first bet in the arb). And at the sharp, you can basically bet any amount anyway, doesn't have to be round. This is definitely true for pinnacle and sbobet, and should be true for asians too (if an asian were to limit you because you don't use round numbers, then that bookie is of no use anyway, and is probably not "asian" in the classical sense). Okay, there may be 3-way arbs where there are two softs involved, but many 3-way arbs can be reduced to 2-way anyway. And betting two softs against each other 2-way is just wasting accounts.
csampion
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:24 am

cupac wrote:
middler wrote: Don't focus so much on these rules about round numbers, same sport, same stake, or whatever.

That is interesting and surprising. For everybody says to mind about round numbers and so on.

And how possibly can I find interesting arbs that the alert services will not detect? I'm not a genius able to calculate possible arbs in a matter of milliseconds.
And even if I could, how come these arbs will kept me under the radar? They would still be detectable by bookies, wouldn't they?

I'm bit confuse there !
There are markets which are not covered by alert services, so you can manually look for arbs. With experience, you can identify if a pair of odds is an arb just by looking at it - there are the obvious ones like 2,05-2,05, but if you learn some key numbers, you'll instantly see that e.g. 1,70-2,60 is also an arb. Of course, you'll still need a calculator to calculate the exact bet amounts (or rather, calculate the second bet amount because the first amount is decided by you), so it can be done quicker than you think. But learn the basics first, of course.

And yes, you can stay under the radar longer by betting markets that are outside the reach of alert services, purely because there are less people betting on these.
cupac
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Thanks to both of you!
csampion wrote: This "rounding stakes" thing is not even an issue to consider, if you think about it. Most of the time you'll be betting a soft bookie against a sharp one (in this order), and for the soft bookie, you instinctively bet a round number (there is no reason not to, as this is the first bet in the arb). [...]  Okay, there may be 3-way arbs where there are two softs involved, but many 3-way arbs can be reduced to 2-way anyway. And betting two softs against each other 2-way is just wasting accounts.
Oh that's true... I used a surebet calculator asking for total stake, but there are others where you can fix one stake. Good hint !

Betting on 2 softs and 1 sharp is that bad ? At least on one of the softs, I'll loose money and they might like that?
csampion wrote: There are markets which are not covered by alert services, so you can manually look for arbs. With experience, you can identify if a pair of odds is an arb just by looking at it - there are the obvious ones like 2,05-2,05, but if you learn some key numbers, you'll instantly see that e.g. 1,70-2,60 is also an arb. Of course, you'll still need a calculator to calculate the exact bet amounts (or rather, calculate the second bet amount because the first amount is decided by you), so it can be done quicker than you think. But learn the basics first, of course.

And yes, you can stay under the radar longer by betting markets that are outside the reach of alert services, purely because there are less people betting on these.
There, experience is paramount, remembering the interesting figures maybe, or be a calculator genius. I see :)
So a good market would be...
+One that is quite liquid or at least where I will not be one of the biggest bettors
+One the alert services don't serve
+One that would not be strange due to my location (betting on hockey 2nd ligue in Greenland while I'm in Nigeria)
+One that is serve by sharp and soft bookies that I can access to
+One that has enough events
+...
Then if I do things right, bookies will not immediately spot me as arber while when I'm using an alert service, there are thousands arbers doing the same thing than me within seconds. Suspicious!
arberx
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:45 am

csampion wrote: This "rounding stakes" thing is not even an issue to consider, if you think about it. Most of the time you'll be betting a soft bookie against a sharp one (in this order), and for the soft bookie, you instinctively bet a round number (there is no reason not to, as this is the first bet in the arb). And at the sharp, you can basically bet any amount anyway, doesn't have to be round. This is definitely true for pinnacle and sbobet, and should be true for asians too (if an asian were to limit you because you don't use round numbers, then that bookie is of no use anyway, and is probably not "asian" in the classical sense). Okay, there may be 3-way arbs where there are two softs involved, but many 3-way arbs can be reduced to 2-way anyway. And betting two softs against each other 2-way is just wasting accounts.
I bet 2 soft bookies against each other. What is the reasoning behind this being a problem?

Thanks.
showMeDaMoney
Has experience

Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:03 am

These programs will get you limited very quickly.
They don't really care, they just want your subscription money.

Your chasing odds at the highest and thousands are doing the same, so you get flagged very quickly. Especially if its your first bets.

- If you want to avoid getting limited, you need to build trust.
The only way to build trust is to be a mug.

You have to consider what a mug does.
- I place round numbers $50, $100, $200
- My first 10+ bets are mug bets with average odds
- I continue to not place odds at the highest value, maybe 2/10 bets
- I place simple bets, win/lose/draw, over 2.5, under 2.5
- I play champions, epl, nba, not 4th div or challenger tournaments(that are outside of my geographical location)
- I don't have multiple accounts
- I don't place too many bets a day, i have a real job.
- I can win sometimes, but I usually lose.
- I like play multis, trifectas
- I don't keep withdrawing after making winning bets...
- I play geographical popular sports, (not handball or gaelic football)
- I'm a mug for more than a year. Maybe my account is years old.

After doing everything, for 90% you won't get limited.

but you once you start making money, and making profit over your mug losses.
The account manager that looks after your region, will flag you.
Then it won't be long before you are limited.

Its gambling and for the majority you can't continue to win long term, only the very best on here are making money still.

The goal is to make as much money as possible in a short amount of time.
but because you are inexperienced you will make mistakes and probably lose money.
So the odds are against you.

Thats the truth.

Return to “Newbie's questions”