RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Mistakes I've made

Ask anything about smart gambling
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Mistakes I've made

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Well, the other day, I had one go in my favor big time. In a Soccer match that went to Extra Time, I won the Draw at one Book and the Winning Side at the other Book!

Not sure if it was clearly stated at each Book how the winning wager is determined in the event of Extra Time.

Most Books seem to only count Regular Time plus Stoppage Time, but this one counted Extra Time.

I's just one more thing to be on the lookout for. I'm new to soccer wagering, so I have to check to see if I am wagering on a Tournament Match that could go into Extra Time and then check the Book's rules for that.

Anyway, that more than made up for all my previous mistakes above!  :D

GL!
Isnt it zero sum game?U win or lose some
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:59 pm

barnstorm wrote: Well, the other day, I had one go in my favor big time. In a Soccer match that went to Extra Time, I won the Draw at one Book and the Winning Side at the other Book!

Not sure if it was clearly stated at each Book how the winning wager is determined in the event of Extra Time.

Most Books seem to only count Regular Time plus Stoppage Time, but this one counted Extra Time.

I's just one more thing to be on the lookout for. I'm new to soccer wagering, so I have to check to see if I am wagering on a Tournament Match that could go into Extra Time and then check the Book's rules for that.

Anyway, that more than made up for all my previous mistakes above!  :D

GL!
Obviously you've got away with it this time but you seem to have got yourself into a number of sticky situations in a very short space of time. It's good that it went your way this time, but arbing isn't about relying on luck which it seems like you are doing on several occasions so you need to study the rules of each books and everything much closer before placing these bets so you aren't relying on any luck with the rules or anything to get a return from your arbs in the future.

As if you're relying on a significant amount of luck, you might as well be gambling, and we know what happens to the vast majority of gamblers' bankrolls.....
Last edited by luctens on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barnstorm
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:58 pm

As for Tennis, many of the Books have different rules on Retirement, but so far, no one here says they refrain from arbing between two Books that vary in their rules, and just figure it should even out in the long run. Unless there is an injury issue or a retirement history with one of the players. Then it's not worth the added risk.

As for Soccer, almost all Books do not count Extra Time in Tournament Knockout Matches. I just happened to arb with one that did.  There aren't that many Knockout Matches anyway, but I will make sure I've got the right side if I use that Book again for one.

I don't know why this Book was even offering wagers on the Draw. I assume they would have counted the winner of the Penalty Kicks if it got to that. Or maybe they just made a mistake in scoring my wager. But you would think that all the bettors who were on the Draw would have pointed it out to them.
muttley
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:17 pm

barnstorm wrote: My list of bonehead mistakes I've made in my early days as an Arber:

Miscalculations. I use the SBR Arbitrage Calculator, but I've still made some errors, mainly due to converting dollars to bitcoin prices. I have to figure that out for almost every arb. I've even misread the Calculator numbers and placed Bet #2 amount on Bet #3.
For those who use bitcoin I suggest to use Coinbase wallet, since you can send like US$ xx.xx and the wallet send exactly the btc equivalent amount. It is not necessary make any calculation.
Last edited by muttley on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Newbie's questions”