RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

pending bets

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

pending bets

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:28 pm

This time olympic i give a intense arbing.
One of my home bookies limit me to the apr 10-15eur. Somehow i did some larger bets and send them to "manual acceptance". I knew it was so pointless 95% they reject even 1% arb...
After 30 minutes bets were still pending. Mayby starting bookie not enough stuff to handle bets...
I let it go and after 3-4 hours i went to see account. Game was ended and my big bet was lost! I remember it was 1.3 odds which was best other bookies 1.2-1.24
It was shock to me because i assumed my bet is rejected. It isnt problem for me if i know thet accepted bet BEFORE game
I went to see ticket information and i didnt see any TIME which proofs when they accepted bet. Yes there are time which says when i entered bet, but nothing about acceptance
Does anyone has same problem occured?
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: pending bets

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:40 am

maletaja wrote: This time olympic i give a intense arbing.
One of my home bookies limit me to the apr 10-15eur. Somehow i did some larger bets and send them to "manual acceptance". I knew it was so pointless 95% they reject even 1% arb...
After 30 minutes bets were still pending. Mayby starting bookie not enough stuff to handle bets...
I let it go and after 3-4 hours i went to see account. Game was ended and my big bet was lost! I remember it was 1.3 odds which was best other bookies 1.2-1.24
It was shock to me because i assumed my bet is rejected. It isnt problem for me if i know thet accepted bet BEFORE game
I went to see ticket information and i didnt see any TIME which proofs when they accepted bet. Yes there are time which says when i entered bet, but nothing about acceptance
Does anyone has same problem occured?
Which bookie is it?

Seems like very dodgy practices. It resembles Globet who went out of business a few years back stiffing a lot of players. Every bet over about £50 would go to a trader and their traders were only there between something like 09:00-21:00 and if you placed a bet say at 22:00 for an event that was starting at 02:00 the next morning, you wouldn't know whether it was accepted or not and would only be accepted or rejected when the traders came in the next morning at 09:00, after the result had been known. There were a lot of stories of Globet cancelling most of the overnight bets that were winners and accepting the losing bets. Very dodgy stuff.

It seems like something like similar could have happened here with the bookie maybe waiting until the result was known before accepting or rejecting your bet. Whatever exactly has happened, I would steer well clear of this bookie as it is at the very least an understaffed amateur operation as all bookies even if a bet needs to go to a trader should take no more than 60 seconds at the very most to accept or reject your bet and at worst they are a scam bookie, either way, not a bookie you want to be entertaining whatsoever.
Last edited by luctens on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:24 pm

OP that sucks, but you have zero hope of getting them to void it mate unless you checked at start time and have a screenshot to prove the bet wasnt accepted when the event had actually started.
Never trust a goose!!!
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:22 pm

I did because of that, it was my country jurisdiction bookie. They entered to my region and want to do some business
I dont think it was scam, but i certanly want to get answers. Confirmation that they dint freerolling me
I can push them, because that crew left nordicbet to make new bookie coolbet(btw good for arbing) and certanly could do them unwanted noise
I just wanted to know
a) Is there standard time which they have to accept manual bets?
b)Should be there time label in the ticket, when bet was accepted?
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:47 pm

maletaja wrote: I did because of that, it was my country jurisdiction bookie. They entered to my region and want to do some business
I dont think it was scam, but i certanly want to get answers. Confirmation that they dint freerolling me
I can push them, because that crew left nordicbet to make new bookie coolbet(btw good for arbing) and certanly could do them unwanted noise
I just wanted to know
There is no standard time where bookmakers have to reject or accept a bet as that would require tough regulation so it is basically a free for all with bookmakers making up whatever rules they want but I have never come across a reputable bookie that takes any more than about 60 seconds to accept or reject a bet even if it needs to get sent to a trader. If it is a particularly big bet or if there is something else to consider for the bookie then maybe it might take them 5 minutes to mull it over. So 5 minutes is the absolute maximum the bookie should be taking to accept or reject your bet if it is sent to a trader but in the vast majority of cases it should be no more than 60 seconds maximum.

If the bet does state pending and then goes off to the traders for a few minutes then yes, it should have the time you submitted the bet and the time they accepted/rejected the bet.
zarak
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:41 am

maletaja wrote: I did because of that, it was my country jurisdiction bookie. They entered to my region and want to do some business
I just wanted to know
a) It depends on bookie. I had situation when bet was pending for hours

b) I had situation with my bookie on last year US Open. Women tennis (V.Wiliams if I remember) match was scheduled at 11:30. I placed bet at 10:30 and bet was accepted at something like 10:42 or 10:43. The time on my ticket was the time when bet was accepted.
I placed my bet with pinny at 10:46.

The match started earlier somewhere between 10:40 and 10:45. Soft won and pinny side lost. Soft voided the bet. I asked them for reason and they told me match already started. When I told them that I send my bet before real beginig of the match and that bet should stand they just ignored me. Luckily for me after I wrote to pinny they voided all bets taken after 10:44.

Even though bookie didn't admit their mistake after few days they started to put exact time when you send bet not the time when the bet is accepted. I don't know any bookie who gives both time.

soft bookie was baltbet
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:06 am

I seldom "offer" by placing manual bets for bookie "reasonable" price, when i had made big soft line bets and want to hedge somehow. If they accept then ok , if not i take partial event riskI
Usually im using it for unibet and so far their range is under minute

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”