Neteller fee raise (page 2)

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Neteller fee raise  (Read 1701 times)
luctens
Probably a Pro

View Profile

luctens

Re: Neteller fee raise
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 10:47:20 AM »

I was talking to my new bank last night and they said they would be happy to open a second account for me just for the purposes of online betting (and could even offer an overdraft on it LOL)  certainly better long term

You can probably guess I'm an old tight arse so I'm always looking for a way round paying out fees unnecessarily :P
Sounds like the banks take "responsible gambling" as seriously as the bookmakers. ;D

Whether it is e-wallets or any other industry, if you absolutely have to pay a fee and the company has no other choice given the business model to charge a fee, then on a very rare occasion have to accept that. Of course it is completely ideal for the customer not to pay any fees or charges etc for any product whatever industry you are in if the business model etc allows it but of course everybody has to eat, and that includes the company you're doing business with.

It is when companies get into monopolistic mode and start charging fees that aren't justified, aren't there to cover their costs or anything but are just blatant money grabs born out of pure greed, that is when the customer starts to draw the line and say enough's enough and decide that they aren't going to sit there and keep getting their balls chopped off and then starts to look for alternatives.

That is the stage Skrill/Neteller are in now, and by the time they realise that or start caring about it, it'll be far too late. They have even within the last 8 years seen the results of the carbon copy of what they are doing, that being the Betfair Exchange in the same bloody industry as them for goodness sake, and they have seen how badly that approach has gone for them, and they're still doing exactly the same things and making exactly the same mistakes. You really have to question the nouse of the bigwigs at these big companies.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:08:06 AM by luctens » Logged
Esso

View Profile

Esso

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 08:09:05 AM »

these greedy bast.... . 2% for every transaction now up to 18€
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:11:53 AM by Esso » Logged
dealer wins
Probably a Pro

View Profile

dealer wins

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 08:46:23 AM »

No longer use them at all now, and last year I was paying at least £50k a month to merchants, some months 4 times that!  Fuck em the greedy sods!

Never trust a goose!!!
Alfa1234
Probably a Pro

View Profile

Alfa1234

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »

No longer use them at all now, and last year I was paying at least £50k a month to merchants, some months 4 times that!  Fuck em the greedy sods!

Avoiding them as much as possible as well, use them only a fraction of before.  I sure hope their fee increases were worth these revenue huge losses for them...although I doubt it.
Gamblers Ruin

View Profile

Gamblers Ruin

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 12:53:24 PM »

You really have to question the nouse of the bigwigs at these big companies.

I sure hope their fee increases were worth these revenue huge losses for them...although I doubt it.

#business

(cue tirade from luctens because I disagreed with him)

Win->bet more->lose->bet same-> bankrupt
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 11:04:32 AM »

Today I got this message from all local banks:
"From 01.01.2017, 18% tax is applied to the online payments with your card abroad (except for the purchase of hotels,merchandises,tickets). and 10% tax is applied to e-wallets(skrill/neteller) deposits."
Happy new year to me.
Thank you my country for these new fucking laws.

Very bad news indeed. This is valid for your cards issued by your bank(s). Right?
I suppose you come from a non SEPA country and therefore you do not have access to skrill/NT cards. It must be pretty hard.
Maybe you should look for other solutions outside your country.
Bubbles
Getting better

View Profile

Bubbles

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »

"From 01.01.2017, 18% tax is applied to the online payments with your card abroad (except for the purchase of hotels,merchandises,tickets). and 10% tax is applied to e-wallets(skrill/neteller) deposits."
Happy new year to me.
Bloody Hell :o I don't know how much you make from it but maybe you could consider moving to a neighbouring country just for the sake of residency?
dealer wins
Probably a Pro

View Profile

dealer wins

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »

Happy new year to me.

So they are taxing you on spending your own money, that would actually make me move country if they ever did that here in the UK.  Thats a absolute pisstake

Never trust a goose!!!
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 04:47:54 PM »

Happy new year to me.

So they are taxing you on spending your own money, that would actually make me move country if they ever did that here in the UK.  Thats a absolute pisstake

isn't that one of the most common ways of gaining revenue? taxing you on spending your own money???
fairpunter already said he reviewed all his ways and can't find a solution.

is moving country so simple a solution? maybe for you dealerwins as such a move would "actually make me move country"  so such a charge will mean you will leave the UK, really?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 04:52:22 PM by yorkjoss » Logged
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 07:29:23 PM »

Sooner or later I will leave this country, I hope one day I will login in this forum from any EU country where I can easily arb.

EU is not the best place to arb from. You are going to miss the UK.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print