RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Blacktype

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Blacktype

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:11 am

percy1 wrote: Hi guys, new poster but I've been viewing for over a year.
Blacktype limited me to win £25 today and emailed me to say the "Trading Dept" think I'm using syndicates...bots etc and they are taking away my guarantee win up to £500.
I only use them for horse racing.
They stated that most of my bets were within a couple of minutes of the off and were therefore typical of certain software/syndicates??

The truth:
I find that Blacktype are useless with their odds until close to the off, where they appear to be headless chickens, pushing odds out instead of in and taking too long to correct.
I have no idea what "Bots" are....I am a regular trader who tries to beat the lines.
I've had a good run with them and they have, always paid out....every time.....thousands in a week and within two days!

It is unfortunate that they actually do restrict punters.

Thanks for your time.
Hi percy, how long did your account last?
percy1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Bubbles wrote:
Blacktype limited me to win £25 today and emailed me to say the "Trading Dept" think I'm using syndicates...bots etc and they are taking away my guarantee win up to £500.
They stated that most of my bets were within a couple of minutes of the off and were therefore typical of certain software/syndicates??

The truth:
I find that Blacktype are useless with their odds until close to the off, where they appear to be headless chickens, pushing odds out instead of in and taking too long to correct.
I have no idea what "Bots" are....I am a regular trader who tries to beat the lines.
I've had a good run with them and they have, always paid out....every time.....thousands in a week and within two days!

Thanks for your time.
Hi, sorry for delay on reply but site seemed to be down?
I opened it mid September and did the same types of bets daily with no problem until late last week when I couldn't bet to win more than £25 and I received an email immediately after.
My account isn't closed, just worthless.
BlackType are using the "Bet without restrictions" and "We don't restrict winning punters" as their USP and I'm sure that they are only going to attract people who are restricted at the usual penny arcade firms.
Joe public isn't going to touch them with his £5 Acca.
I've nothing to hide whatsoever, I've no idea what "Bots" are, I work alone and I grab the value before the off. I would be worried about them if they are restricting people like me as I'm sure I'm similar to most who end up there?
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:06 pm

They seem like a waste of time, if anything they could be a company people point to to change certain gambling regulation. They are outright lying and false advertising unlike the rest that close or limit accounts but don't claim otherwise.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:43 pm

percy1 wrote:
Bubbles wrote:

The truth:

Thanks for your time.
Hi, sorry for delay on reply but site seemed to be down?
I opened it mid September and did the same types of bets daily with no problem until late last week when I couldn't bet to win more than £25 and I received an email immediately after.
My account isn't closed, just worthless.
BlackType are using the "Bet without restrictions" and "We don't restrict winning punters" as their USP and I'm sure that they are only going to attract people who are restricted at the usual penny arcade firms.
Joe public isn't going to touch them with his £5 Acca.
I've nothing to hide whatsoever, I've no idea what "Bots" are, I work alone and I grab the value before the off. I would be worried about them if they are restricting people like me as I'm sure I'm similar to most who end up there?
Thanks for your answer. They are quite new so why they limit is pretty much anybody's guess. If it's not too much to ask before they limited you did you bet L500 to win as they advertise every time?
Skaggerak wrote: They seem like a waste of time, if anything they could be a company people point to to change certain gambling regulation. They are outright lying and false advertising unlike the rest that close or limit accounts but don't claim otherwise.
Did they limit you too?
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:55 pm

They need to sort out their live odds.  Looking at last nights CL games they were offering odds so out of line its stupid. 

I actually want them to succeed, as apart from Pinnacle no books take a bet anymore.  But looking at last nights live offerings (And other live odds observed on various sports) it scares me to be honest!
Never trust a goose!!!
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:39 am

Bubbles wrote: Did they limit you too?
They don't operate here.

They couldn't possibly succeed based on the experiences of the people here. The only thing that could arise out of this is some sort of advertising model change if enough people seriously have a grievance against them, because they're clearly in breach of what they offer. It's hard to know if there's room for what they offer in the market as the industry seems to be shrinking right now.
percy1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:24 am

I used them for horses only as their odds, as I previously said, are hopeless until 2-3 minutes to the off, where they struggle to keep up with Betfair. For example, if a horse is 3.25 and shortening on Betfair, quite often they would go to 3.5 or 3.75 for about 30 seconds, before correcting it and then going 2.75!
They always paid out too.
On big meetings (Saturday), I could often bet to win up to £1k but mostly it was £500. I never did odd amounts just e.g. £150 or £100 etc.

The whole point is that they are all over Twitter etc saying that they don't restrict yet they do.
They are using the excuse that my bets are mostly placed just before the off and it's too much of a coincidence as many other people are so I must be in a syndicate or using "software"?
It's laughable and you really couldn't make it up.

Here is the email

Dear Customer,

Following a review of your account by our trading department, a decision has been taken to remove our bet to win guarantees from all your horse racing bets.

Our policy on arbitrage and ‘syndicate style’ betting is highlighted on our website. This decision has been made due to you consistently placing bets within a few seconds of known robot software arbers, too many to be a mere coincidence.

I can confirm your account remains open. You are still able to bet on horse racing and are welcome to bet on all other sports.

Best Regards

Black Type
Last edited by percy1 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:06 am

Thanks guys for your comments. Since they're new it's very helpful

@percy
Thank you for sharing :) It seems they just don't accept winners and obviously you can only win where they are weak so using it as an explanation for limiting is, as you both say, as pathetic as with every other book. To be fair, at least they took time to inform you that from that moment you're not welcome at the races. However, they mentioned that you are still “welcome to bet on all other sports”. I understand that your expertise is in horses but did you try to see if you're still really able to bet “normally” on any other sport?
freaked
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:57 am

I have been told you can only register and access the account with an IP address from UK.

Is this true?
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Yes they only cater to the UK market.  However they limit you to peanuts after 3 bets, complete waste of time.
Never trust a goose!!!
Malteser
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am

They restricted me too, and I only did straight bets--no arbs--and not on horse racing.

A joke of a bookie, as they claim to accept winners but don't.
mosalahsalad

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:22 pm

What arb services are these guys on? I know that they are an Dafabet/FSB Skin, but I think they do their own prices on Football. I have found some manual arbs with them so far.
jp
jpdias101

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:08 am

i can confirm this is a scam bookie
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:54 am

They are a sham book, but not a scam?
Never trust a goose!!!
DPG
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Just skimmed through this thread on Blacktype bookmaker.

Blacktype bet has today gone into administration. Absolute numpty of a company. Smarkets could well go the same way sooner or later.

Return to “Bookies discussion”