RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Places to buy physical gold and silver

Suggest and talk about various investments
makarid
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Places to buy physical gold and silver

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi, i would like to ask you if someone knows which are the best places to buy physical gold and silver? Safely with the lowest possible commition,thanks!
bookieslayer
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Places to buy physical gold and silver

Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:40 am

Been 4 years since I did all my research and made some purchases of physical but I'll let you know what I remember anyhow.

Firstly it depends on where you live? Some countries have mints you can buy direct from them. I'm from New Zealand and all the places I could buy locally here were way over spot price.

I made my first purchase from here after a lot of research http://www.apmex.com/category/20000/silver.
No problems what so ever and you will find the best prices in the market. Or at least that was the case 4 years ago.

I made my second purchase from this guy https://goldsilver.com/about-mike-maloney/.
I read a lot of his content and really appreciated the help he was providing so I went with him. Plus the price was competitive with everyone else at the time. I think he also has an option to store it with his business if you don't want to find your own place for it. Although for me that kind of defeats the purpose of why I brought it in the first place.

If you are having it shipped in from another country check the tax and importing laws first. For me it was so problem but I did my research first.

David Morgan is another guy I used to really enjoy learning from.

Can I ask what your reasons are for buying physical and what you predictions may be?
djordjeno
Has experience

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:54 am

In Europe, Germany good site for checking prices is www.gold.de.
In fact that is some sort of comparision site where you have overview of all prices of all gold/silver shops in Germany.

Shipping costs to other EU countries are from 5-30e depends how much shippment is.
makarid
To become a Pro

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:08 am

bookieslayer wrote: Been 4 years since I did all my research and made some purchases of physical but I'll let you know what I remember anyhow.

Firstly it depends on where you live? Some countries have mints you can buy direct from them. I'm from New Zealand and all the places I could buy locally here were way over spot price.

I made my first purchase from here after a lot of research http://www.apmex.com/category/20000/silver.
No problems what so ever and you will find the best prices in the market. Or at least that was the case 4 years ago.

I made my second purchase from this guy https://goldsilver.com/about-mike-maloney/.
I read a lot of his content and really appreciated the help he was providing so I went with him. Plus the price was competitive with everyone else at the time. I think he also has an option to store it with his business if you don't want to find your own place for it. Although for me that kind of defeats the purpose of why I brought it in the first place.

If you are having it shipped in from another country check the tax and importing laws first. For me it was so problem but I did my research first.

David Morgan is another guy I used to really enjoy learning from.

Can I ask what your reasons are for buying physical and what you predictions may be?
Thank you so much for your responce and the helpfull info that you have provide! I am sure that you had a difficult time purchausing physical gold from where you live,so we have something in common :) ! I was thinking to buy physical gold because of the situation that the global economy is at. I believe that we live in a world that there is no free markets and the "invisible hand" cannot do his magic anymore.The governments and policy makers are the ones that decide what is good for the economy and what is not.This is the opposite of free markets and i believe this is unsustainable.I would like to buy physical gold as an insurance of wealth,because the gold is not infinity like paper money.Maybe i am totally wrong with my thinking,but i will take my chances.Thanks again for your help!
makarid
To become a Pro

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:09 am

djordjeno wrote: In Europe, Germany good site for checking prices is www.gold.de.
In fact that is some sort of comparision site where you have overview of all prices of all gold/silver shops in Germany.

Shipping costs to other EU countries are from 5-30e depends how much shippment is.
Thank you very much for the info, djordjeno!
bookieslayer
Has experience

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:38 am

[/quote]
Thank you so much for your responce and the helpfull info that you have provide! I am sure that you had a difficult time purchausing physical gold from where you live,so we have something in common :) ! I was thinking to buy physical gold because of the situation that the global economy is at. I believe that we live in a world that there is no free markets and the "invisible hand" cannot do his magic anymore.The governments and policy makers are the ones that decide what is good for the economy and what is not.This is the opposite of free markets and i believe this is unsustainable.I would like to buy physical gold as an insurance of wealth,because the gold is not infinity like paper money.Maybe i am totally wrong with my thinking,but i will take my chances.Thanks again for your help!
[/quote]

I brought silver but for all the same reasons you have mentioned about gold. They are pretty similar in that respect for preserving wealth etc. The silver and gold markets are heavily manipulated also as I guess you are aware.

This is a great series to get a good overview
phpBB [video]
makarid
To become a Pro

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:10 am

bookieslayer wrote:
[/quote]

I brought silver but for all the same reasons you have mentioned about gold. They are pretty similar in that respect for preserving wealth etc. The silver and gold markets are heavily manipulated also as I guess you are aware.

[/quote]
Excellent video indeed!
makarid
To become a Pro

Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:08 am

Has anyone bought gold or silver from Singapore?
ISIN
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:40 pm

Interested in safe places (Austria?) where you can buy & hold gold cheaply
Das Safe is kinda expesive..
Offshore Insider
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:51 pm

google search jm bullion... you can buy gold and silver there at competitive prices..

also merrion gold... you can buy, sell and store your metals with them..
ISIN
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Offshore Insider wrote: google search jm bullion... you can buy gold and silver there at competitive prices..

thanks.
checking out JB, is the BTC payment method their Unique seing proposition?

as for holding, I'd prefer a public company. the stock price would reflect their 'safeness' some way. although I'm not sure how you could transfer your metal if you had doubts about the company..
Offshore Insider
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:31 am

ISIN wrote:
Offshore Insider wrote: google search jm bullion... you can buy gold and silver there at competitive prices..

thanks.
checking out JB, is the BTC payment method their Unique seing proposition?

as for holding, I'd prefer a public company. the stock price would reflect their 'safeness' some way. although I'm not sure how you could transfer your metal if you had doubts about the company..
As far as I know there isn't any other company selling metals via btc... I could be wrong tho.. Buying via btc is a no brainer... buy low then sell off for metals... Also if you buy from Merrion you can have them store it withing their vaults. If you wanted to transfer your goods then you just have to contact them. Great way to diversify the location of your assets...
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:27 pm

JM is for US only right?
You can also buy gold from suissegold at very low prices, have small discount and free delivery at value higher than $10k, Also you can pay with bitcoin.

Merriongold is the Irish company right? Prices are not good neither for sales nor for storage. There are better options, but it depends where people are buying from or where they want the metals delivered at. Ease of payment is a factor too, like cash deposits to bank account, free card deposits / Paypal deposits etc.

But buying via BTC isnt a no brainer, as in my books BTC and precious metals are both long-term keeps, I see no point to swap one for the other.
Now if one wants to speculate and buy low, sell high and that crystal-ball stuff keep I got no advice to give.
There are companies like goldmoney, uphold, vaultoro that should make switching exposure from metals to btc and vice versa easier than buying physical metals with btc.
Al45
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat May 06, 2017 9:19 pm

I buy mine in banks.. with a spread of like 1.5% or so.
Regarding silver, in EU, DE is they way, with tax of only 7% :)
Asher
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:19 am

Thordin wrote: There are companies like goldmoney, uphold, vaultoro that should make switching exposure from metals to btc and vice versa easier than buying physical metals with btc.
I would NOT trust Uphold. Recently I discovered they sold my data to a third company called holidaycottages.co.uk

Personally I buy gold directly from where it's found, mines in Africa.
Then the most difficult part it's to bring it out of the country but in Africa you always find someone willing to help you, if you know the right people...
Last edited by Asher on Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other investments”