How to play under the radar?

Ask anything about smart gambling
vb3d
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

How to play under the radar?

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi,

All these years I was away from betting and gambling (I played lotto for few times just for fun) but never considered do sport betting till now.
I just learned about Arb betting and I am so excited that there is such thing and I want to get into this.
I have been reading a lot to know what is this about till I found out that bookies do block users who do arb betting, so they need to play under the radar.
I read some advice, tips and notes on how to play under the radar, but I still have some questions

1 - How big is too big to put on a bet to be flagged under the radar? (Please give me a number in £££££)
2 - Is it withdrawing the profit that brings the attention to your account?

Any other advice/experience to help me getting this right please don't hesitate to reply, I haven't created any betting accounts yet, I want to learn this the right way first time so I don't risk getting blocked with no return back.

Thank you
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: How to play under the radar?

Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:09 am

There is no simple answer. Read the forum.
bookieslayer
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:18 am

Type into google as many variations of "how to not get limited by bookies" as you can think off. Your questions are literally answered hundreds of times across many different forums.
You will read many contradictory statements but if you keep reading eventually the important themes will become apparent. The correct measures are actually quite simple, it's just a lot to learn all at once. But learn you must if you want to be a successful bettor.

After you have read everything you can and have the basics down well then you can look for more specific advice by either engaging in conversation with other experienced bettors or by getting in there and seeing what works for you. Everything is dependent- dependent on where you are living, what markets you are betting in etc etc

So to answer your questions.....

1) Well it depends- on which bookie, what market etc you will read many saying nothing over 50, nothing over 100, you will read others who say get the max in while you can. It's all dependent. One thing which is clear is don't bet odd numbers like 89.90. Round your numbers.

2) You will read many times to only withdraw if you only have to! Making a withdrawal is a sure way to become noticed by your book! And there are many, many things which will get you noticed by your bookie! Take my advice above and put in the reading.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:41 am

1)try to bet 50,100 or so not 99 If u first hit soft line then u dont need make 99 bets...
max limits im not sure. If u hit line with 20 $bets im not sure does it help you avoiding the radar...secondly 20$ arb gives you nothing

I think its possible to be under the radar when u bet seldom 1 big bet then 5 days rest some cover min multibets. But bad thing is arbers want to bet constantly
Main problem is when u bet 5 big bets in row they see your flow and you are easy target
Main problem remains-if u hit constantly weak lines you will get detected, but u need revenue to win at all
Last edited by maletaja on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:27 pm

It really is the overriding thing that will get you limited is betting at value odds, but betting at value odds is a necessity in order to bet on arbs, so it's a catch 22 situation. To a lot of bookies it really doesn't matter how low or high you stake, if you hit value lines consistently, you're toast.

I've got a mate who bets for fun on the horses and he put four £5 bets on different horses on the same day as he opened the account. Out of coincidence really as he doesn't really bother to look for best price, these horses were towards the top of the market with that bookie at the time he backed them and they all shortened before the off.

They all lost. By the evening, he had an e-mail banning him from betting on any sports. He got on the phone to them and they said their computer systems have picked up that the way he is betting shows the characteristics of being a professional punter, and they don't want that sort of business.

So he bets 4 x £5 bets and they all lose, but they call him a "professional punter". He would most probably have lost a good amount to the bookmaker over the long term so there's a case in point of a good punter for the bookmaker being shown the door at the drop of a hat.

These restrictions really have got to ludicrous levels now. The bookmakers will just go by what their stupid algorithms say and won't take an opinion themselves on whether they should restrict a customer, it is simply computer says no. 15 years ago you'd have to be winning in the tens of thousands of pounds over a long period of time for the bookmaker to even consider restricting you.

Now the accountants are running the firms and calling £5 punters "professionals". It's an utterly absurd state of affairs. It has got to the levels of restrictions where I'm convinced that the value of recreational business they are turning away vastly outweighs the value of smart business they are turning away, so I'm convinced that these algorithms are actually having a significantly negative effect on the bookmakers' bottom lines, but it is either that the bookmakers are too lazy or too stupid to see that.
Last edited by luctens on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vb3d
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:34 pm

Thank you all for the good answers

I don't think it is possible to totally avoid value bet with arbing, I guess the higher profit you get from an arb bet the more valuable is one of the bets on that arb.

So I guess focusing on low returns and not to be greedy is a key on this.

Cheers
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:55 am

In my opinion if there are algorithm for detecting prof punters, then there should be holes to prolong your life. Doing some bets which "confusing" algorithms could be key

Return to “Newbie's questions”