how much can bet to the max?

Ask anything about smart gambling
blurome
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

how much can bet to the max?

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Hello,
I have 50k of budget and am going to arb.
Do you think it s too much and the books could give me problems from the first bet?
(For example some slow verifications that let me lose my time)

What budget do you suggest to bet on the maximum, in your experience?
Thanks
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: how much can bet to the max?

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:51 pm

i think more or less this question is discussed several times. Search the forum a little and come back with more specific questions.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:38 pm

10k max bet is ok. Worst case you pay some 10% juice risking about 1k
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Word to the wise.  Put £30K of your balance in a savings account for 6 months, and dont do any bets over £1000 until you have done 100 bets. 

Mistakes happen all the time, and you dont want one wiping out 20% of your bank trust me!

Even today I saw an "arb" on Swansea v Man City, thought I had caught out Pinnacle and Matchbook, then realised that they are playing each other in the Premiership on Sat, but also in the cup on Wed, and yep bet on the premiership layed the cup game.  £150 loss on a £2200 layout. 

It amazes me how new ways of making mistakes keep coming after 13 years of this game!!
Never trust a goose!!!
blurome
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:38 pm

Thanks for answers.
My question is different by the usual one" how to avoid limitation".
I d like to know if i bet with a budget about (for example) 50k, will the bookies stole my money?
Or for the first time it s safe? ( i m going to have just one bet for every book)

I saw in the forum and the limitation will come sooner or later. So i prefer to invest all to the begin! :)
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:50 am

blurome wrote: Thanks for answers.
My question is different by the usual one" how to avoid limitation".
I d like to know if i bet with a budget about (for example) 50k, will the bookies stole my money?
Or for the first time it s safe? ( i m going to have just one bet for every book)

I saw in the forum and the limitation will come sooner or later. So i prefer to invest all to the begin! :)
If you play with reputable bookmakers, no bookmakers should steal your money.

It seems that what you are saying is that you have 50k, and that from what you've read, you'll get limited sooner or later so you want to put as much money into action as quickly as possible to make as much money as quickly as possible before you get limited. If that's what you are saying, yes it's true that a lot of bookmakers will limit quickly, but it doesn't mean you have to burn them unnecessarily quickly, and one thing is for sure, if you open a few soft bookmakers and slap down a 10k or 20k deposit straight off the bat, their eyes will be on you straight from the start and you're not going to last long.

You need to calm down, take it easy and stop thinking about going "all in". Arbing is about playing the long game and if you want to be a long term arber then you need to try and stay under the radar with whatever tactics you think will work and blend in with the mugs and to therefore try and keep accounts open as long as possible, and you're not going to do that by betting thousands at a time. For sure you will get a short term profit boost from all the big bets you'll be placing, but in the medium to long term you'll be stuffed with how many accounts you've burned as a result of those big bets.
Last edited by luctens on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:41 am

Others are right u have to know which bets to do diffrent bookies. I know guys who are doing even negative surebets to have some camoflauge...or trebles or systembets...

Return to “Newbie's questions”