RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Sharbing

Ask anything about smart gambling
dongwon0308
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sharbing

Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Hey guys, this is my first thread on this forum and it's really great to see a such a tight community. Many thanks in advance! :)

For sharbing:

1. If we grabbed a coupon, will its value change when we go to redeem it? If so, how do you guys deal with that?

2. For Australians - Which shops do you use? I can only find William Hills in the area.
Last edited by dongwon0308 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
dongwon0308
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Sharbing

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Bump! Someone help a newbie out :)
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Sharbing

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:49 pm

I don't feel an expert in it but since nobody else answers... in a nutshell... you can't just trust the odds on the coupon, they could have changed, you have to confirm it before making a bet. But just by doing so you can make yourself noticed as a smart punter (not welcome) because mug punters would never check. If you want to avoid having to ask you should find out when the coupons come to different shops and act (if you see an arb) without delay. But even than there is a risk that the real odds on offer have already changed. You'll have to decide between the risk of being noticed and the risk of taking worse odds and potentially end up with a negative arb - but the “fresher” the coupon the smaller your risk. However... the size of your bet is also a sensitive issue that can affect odds you can get. And there is no way around it, if you don't ask you won't know... unless you gain enough experience to know by hart in which shop you can bet how much money on which league...

Return to “Newbie's questions”