Betting exchanges

Ask anything about smart gambling
Smash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Betting exchanges

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:52 am

Hey all!

First I'd like to thank everyone who uses this forum. It's a wealth of knowledge. I've spent the last few days reading through the threads.

I'm new to this arbitrage idea, and I'm from Canada. It's very hard to find a betting exchange here. I've tried betdaq, smarkets, Ladbrokes etc etc.

To my understanding betting exchanges are essential to being successful at arbitrage? They help with sign up bonuses and help to protect you when you have an open bet?

I guess I really just am wondering if I can still arb without a betting exchange account. Or if there are any solutions that I've missed while reading these forums.

Thanks!
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Betting exchanges

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:07 am

Smash wrote: Hey all!

First I'd like to thank everyone who uses this forum. It's a wealth of knowledge. I've spent the last few days reading through the threads.

I'm new to this arbitrage idea, and I'm from Canada. It's very hard to find a betting exchange here. I've tried betdaq, smarkets, Ladbrokes etc etc.

To my understanding betting exchanges are essential to being successful at arbitrage? They help with sign up bonuses and help to protect you when you have an open bet?

I guess I really just am wondering if I can still arb without a betting exchange account. Or if there are any solutions that I've missed while reading these forums.

Thanks!
There are many people operating without an exchange using Pinnacle as a basebook, but is it available for Canadians?
Last edited by arbusers on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:34 am

Smash wrote: Hey all!

Thanks!
It isn't correct to say that you need a betting exchange to do arbing, it's helpful, but not absolutely essential.

If you're using saying Smarkets don't accept Canadian residents, then that's strange as they have Canadian Dollar on the registration page, so if you can use Smarkets, they will be more than sufficient for you for major sports and major markets, and for anything else, Pinnacle and the Asians should cover all of the bases.

If you can't use Smarkets, Pinnacle and Asians for everything should still suffice.
barnstorm
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:20 pm

Will the Asians accept U.S. players also? What are the best Asian books?

Any Euro Books that accept U.S. players?

I have been making a go of it from the U.S. with:

Fairlay.com (Bitcoin book with Pinnacle lines!)
WagerWeb (Low limits on minor tennis, hockey and handball matches, but higher on other sports.)
5Dimes
BetOnline
Bovada
BetEast
CaribSports
Smash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Wow, thanks for so many quick replies.

Pinnacle is available in Canada. I have had an account with them for some time. Unfortunately even though smarkets uses CAD they do not accept Canadian players. I confirmed this with their support team.

I guess I will primarily use pin and bet365. I started reading information about using am agent but found it quite confusing.

Is an agent someone who opens accounts for you and allows you access? Thanks again :)
arbusers
Administrator

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:44 pm

If Pinnacle is available in Canada, most probably you will not need an agent.
Smash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:45 am

I guess for bonus bagging I'd have to manually find odds on a site like pinnacle?
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:00 am

Smash wrote: I guess for bonus bagging I'd have to manually find odds on a site like pinnacle?
You should take a detailed look at our alert services section.

Return to “Newbie's questions”