BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Using VPN/Teamviewer

Reliable services and solutions for those who really need it.
relodi19
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Using VPN/Teamviewer

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:24 am

Hi,

Being limited or blocked by most bookies I'm looking for a safe way to continue arbing UK horseracing. It's pretty easy to just place a PC or laptop at one of my friends or relatives places and install teamviewer.

I wonder if teamviewer can be detected by bookmakers, if so, will they allow it? And is there a way to avoid being detectable? Also, can VPN be a safer solution?

Good ideas are always welcome  ;)
relodi19
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Using VPN/Teamviewer

Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:27 am

Bump  ;)
jo
joker9424

Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:47 am

Teamviewer no they cant detect it i think but VPN yes they do 100%.
gracet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:20 am

Teamviewer is only available to the pc you are giving access to. I am pretty sure bookies cannot detect if you are using a Teamviewer.
NXV
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:15 pm

I also think, that Teamviewer should be pretty safe. Because in order to detect this, they would have to get pretty deep into your system. But of course Teamviewer is not the most comfortable solution.

VPNs on the other hand they can detect for sure if they want to. I don't know how this is, when you set up a private VPN at your friends place, but public VPNs they can detect pretty easy based on their IP range I think.
gracet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:17 am

Hence, it is always feasible to use a dedicated IP from a vpn provider. Much safer.
cupac
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Teamviewer is safe for it is as if you were using physically the distant computer.
Except if you are talking of the VPN build in teamviewer. In that case, I don't know how secure it can be.
gracet wrote: Hence, it is always feasible to use a dedicated IP from a vpn provider. Much safer.
Except that some vpn provider are not so good to hide your IP address and that there are others factors that are checked by books.
joker9424 wrote: Teamviewer no they cant detect it i think but VPN yes they do 100%.
I wonder what can you be so sure about it?
There are at least 2 ways to detect that you are using a VPN. One easy way is done by checking your IP address with the IP addresses of all VPN providers. That's doable and yes some books do that. The second is when your VPN service is not hiding or not hiding well that your internet traffic comes through a VPN. So choosing a good VPN service is paramount if bookies have good network knowledge.
If you are using a server on which you install a VPN server service, then they will have to check your IP address against all the IP addresses of all hosting companies... That's a lot, I doubt that any book will do that except if you are a very big winner? But still, if your own VPN service is badly configured or the software is not that good, then it will leak some information that you are behind a VPN.

These are my opinions and not 100% sure. :(

EDIT after checking ways to detect usage of VPNs
Last edited by cupac on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gracet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:06 am

It all depends which security protocol the vpn is using. Like Purevpn it does use a IPsec security protocol which provides refined security. Although it does effects the speed to some extent but that helps.
There are vpns that do IP leak and can be detected. It is better to always get a vpn with the Kill switch feature to not let your original IP reveal when there is a connection drop.

Return to “VPN - VPS - VPC services ”