RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Which softs for start up?

Ask anything about smart gambling
moneymatt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Which softs for start up?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Soooo... took note of a post I saw Max comment on... Something like...

"the biggest mistake a newbie can make is gubbing himself during his teething stage with the A+ badboys"

(they are very loose inverted commas btw)

So my question is...

I checked SBR. Are all of those (uk) bookies a pretty safe shout? Should I start at C rating and gradually work my way though to A+?

And what is your maximum suggested bet? Does not more than 5% of your total kitty sound fit?
moneymatt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Which softs for start up?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Haha - couldn't be bothered finding the direct quote. I've read far too many posts the last few weeks to even begin wondering where it may be found. 

I see Rebel Bs 'warnings' point out things like 'stake kidnapping' - That's handy.

Keep withdrawals to a minimum
Give losing bookies a rest
Don't bet anymore than 5% on any 1 arb
Don't waste my tiny bets on the A+ badboys

All apparent for the newbie Max? Anything more you think I should be acknowledging...

...initially?
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:07 am

moneymatt wrote: I checked SBR. Are all of those (uk) bookies a pretty safe shout? Should I start at C rating and gradually work my way though to A+?
Don't take SBR ratings as gospel. There are some extremely questionable ratings on there, so don't just go by the SBR rating. Do your own extremely detailed research on each bookmaker by finding every last piece of information available online about them, and then make your own decision on if you think they are reputable.

And there are a lot of solid and reputable bookmakers that aren't rated, reviewed or mentioned at all on SBR, so don't just use SBR as the one site you use for your bookmaker researching, use it as an extremely small part of your research and by searching much further online, you will find much more detailed information about bookmakers and you will find additional solid and reputable bookmakers that aren't even on SBR in the first place.
moneymatt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Yeah, cool. Cheers luctens. Sounds like good advice.

Anyone have any opinion or experience using a bet broker? Can the likes of, shall we say, 'non uk operating books' be accessed via these brokers?
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:19 pm

You can access Pinnacle and asians through them. Best way to find out about their offers is to chat them up, no obligations
moneymatt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:51 pm

I'll do that. Are there any fav UK bet brokers in particular? I searched the site but there is literally zero posts regarding them.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:47 pm

They're country sensitive. If you access the site from abroad you'll be able to see whole threads dedicated to them
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:51 pm

The two most common used to be
https://asianconnect88.com/
https://www.premiumtradings.com/
You can mention where you're coming from when talking with them
moneymatt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:38 am

Thanks man. Currently in talks with PT. Placing a trade over Skype sounds tricky, particularly with the limited amount of time to place an arb trade. How do people find that?
luctens
To become a Pro

Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:00 am

Zizou wrote:
moneymatt wrote: Haha - couldn't be bothered finding the direct quote. I've read far too many posts the last few weeks to even begin wondering where it may be found. 

I see Rebel Bs 'warnings' point out things like 'stake kidnapping' - That's handy.

Keep withdrawals to a minimum
Give losing bookies a rest
Don't bet anymore than 5% on any 1 arb
Don't waste my tiny bets on the A+ badboys
What would you say is minimum withdrawal? You obviously don't want to get flagged, but on the other hand, you would still want to withdraw some money from these bookies, otherwise your winnings remain just virtual money.

Any suggestions or tips?
Ideally if you manage things well enough and you have a big enough bankroll, you wouldn't need to make any withdrawals until you get limited, and obviously if you get limited to pennies by a bookmaker, then making a big withdrawal won't make any difference as you've already been closed down by them anyway.

But if you absolutely unavoidably have to make a withdrawal, it simply depends on your individual circumstances, and very simply, only withdraw absolutely what you need to withdraw for whatever reason you are withdrawing for in the first place, but most definitely don't zero out your account and leave a good proportion of your balance left in the bookmaker account if at all possible. If a bookmaker sees you have £5k in your account and you withdraw the lot, then they might think you've cut and run and might not want to know you anymore, but if you only withdraw a small proportion of it, then the bookmaker may think that you will be back soon to hopefully for them chuck the rest of your money away so they may therefore let you carry on for now unrestricted if you only withdraw a small proportion of the balance rather than withdrawing the whole lot.

So overall, try not to withdraw at all if at all possible, but if you unavoidably must make a withdrawal, don't withdraw the whole balance, and make it as small a withdrawal as possible, but if you get limited to pennies, obviously then immediately withdraw your whole balance and move onto another bookmaker.
Last edited by luctens on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:21 am

Zizou wrote: Thanks Luctens, very helpful.

What I just wonder is, if you are careful with your bets, and therefore avoid being limited, but your account in this bookie increases to amounts you don't need (cos you'd rather have some of this in other bookies which have lost during this month), how would you go round it to withdraw? Small amounts every few days/weeks or a bigger one-time sum (but still leaving money in your account). Surely the bookies cannot expect their users to keep all of their winnings in their account :)
Keep in mind every withdrawal costs the bookie money in both time and often in fees (although often the fees are a certain % cost for them of the amount like with ewallets but e.g. a bankwithdrawal costs them some money every time they execute it) so IMHO 1 bigger withdrawal is best.
luctens
To become a Pro

Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:40 am

Zizou wrote: Thanks Luctens, very helpful.

What I just wonder is, if you are careful with your bets, and therefore avoid being limited, but your account in this bookie increases to amounts you don't need (cos you'd rather have some of this in other bookies which have lost during this month), how would you go round it to withdraw? Small amounts every few days/weeks or a bigger one-time sum (but still leaving money in your account). Surely the bookies cannot expect their users to keep all of their winnings in their account :)
If you're saying it's just a situation of having more money in a bookmaker than you'll need and that you'd just rather have some of your bankroll in other bookies in that you have sufficient bankroll to otherwise fund additional bookmakers without withdrawing from other bookmakers and you would only be withdrawing out of preference and convenience rather than necessity and if it isn't absolutely essential to move some money you have in one bookmaker to another bookmaker, I would say don't make a withdrawal unless it's absolutely essential and unavoidable, if it's preferable to have more money in another bookmaker but not absolutely necessary, then I would say if at all possible don't withdraw unless you absolutely have to. Even if you instinctively think that you must withdraw from a particular bookmaker and you think you have no option but to withdraw, just take some time to double and triple check everything and just see if you have any other options available to you rather than withdrawing from that bookmaker, as you need to realise that every withdrawal you do significantly increases the chances of your account getting limited.

If you are however in a case where you have no choice but to withdraw because you have no further bankroll available to put in other bookmakers' accounts, this where the amount of bankroll you have comes into play in that if you have a big enough bankroll to spread around a sufficient number of bookmakers at any one time, then you wouldn't need to withdraw just because one of the bookie balances has got high and you therefore don't have a enough to put in another bookie account without withdrawing from one of the other bookies first.

But if you are in a less flexible position with your bankroll where you absolutely have to withdraw for that reason or any other similar reason, I definitely wouldn't withdraw loads of small amounts, as although nobody absolutely knows the inner workings of a bookmaker, I expect a lot of the time when you withdraw, some spotty faced teenager that calls himself a trader will look over your account to see whether they want to limit you, so the higher the number of withdrawals the more times somebody is going to be looking over your account and the more chance you have of being limited.

So it's the least number of withdrawals the better, so if for example you absolutely have to withdraw £1k, it would be best to withdraw the £1k in one go and try and stay under the radar that one time rather than withdrawing £100 ten times periodically over a number of days or weeks.

And what you say about the bookies surely not expecting punters to keep all of their winnings in their account, oh but they do you see, as we should only be playing for "fun" according to the bookies, so those numbers in our account should only be viewed upon by punters as monopoly money that isn't really real and is only there to provide us with some "entertainment", and the bookmakers think it's their divine right to have all of that money themselves, so whenever they receive a withdrawal, the bookmakers look upon that as something you're doing gravely wrong, so the less you do of that crime the better. ;D
Last edited by luctens on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
moneymatt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Zizou wrote: Thank you Alfa1234 and Luctens, very insightful and helpful.

@Luctens I'll try to avoid making this crime, even though I started betting to make money, so eventually would like to see them back in my bank account  ;D

Btw I'm guessing that the above does not count for Pinnacle or Sbobet? That is, I can withdraw without problems with them?
Withdrawal from any sharp shouldn't be a problem. They get paid.
luctens
To become a Pro

Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Zizou wrote: Thank you Alfa1234 and Luctens, very insightful and helpful.

@Luctens I'll try to avoid making this crime, even though I started betting to make money, so eventually would like to see them back in my bank account  ;D

Btw I'm guessing that the above does not count for Pinnacle or Sbobet? That is, I can withdraw without problems with them?
Withdrawing from no restriction sharps won't get you limited, but you will have to keep an eye on their withdrawal policies, as some of them only let you do 1 free withdrawal per month with you having to pay fees on any further withdrawals within the same month or things similar to that, so you will also need to limit your withdrawals as much as possible at the sharps as well to avoid paying any withdrawal fees if at all possible.
Last edited by luctens on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:26 pm

Also, don't worry too much about withdrawing from sharps.  You'll notice most of your money (if you don't bet too high % of your bankroll every time) will end up away from the sharps so you'll have to top them up all the time instead of withdrawing from them.  Read the "valuebetting" thread for an explanation why this happens.

Return to “Newbie's questions”