December 06, 2016, 05:48:48 AM
News: If it is not in arbusers, it doesn't exist.
BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
OddStorm | Fastest PreMatch and InPlay Surebets Service

Do Arb Services need permission from Bookmakers?

Pages: [1]
« previous next »
Author Topic: Do Arb Services need permission from Bookmakers?  (Read 270 times)
barnstorm

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2016, 01:45:32 PM »

Do Arb Services need permission from Bookmakers to track their odds?

One service said they no longer carry this Bookmaker or that Bookmaker because the Bookmaker declined to have their odds displayed by that service.

I thought the Arb Services could design bots to tack the odds and that the odds were public information on a website.

my_username
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 02:01:09 PM »

Permission no. They can block your servers IP though so you'd be unable to access their site. But if you do they can't prevent you from doing so, odds aren't copyrighted like articles or pictures are they?

maletaja
Has some experience

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 02:06:11 PM »

I dont know, but when you want data you should have to ping sites and bookie servers see that kind of activity. So they have to have some kind of aproval
But maybe someone could give better answer

MaxShalamar
Pro

Not a pro :D

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »

Technically (and very loosely) they hold the copyright to anything displayed on their sites and can restrict certain traffic if they want to

I doubt there are that many services blocked though - just wouldn't make sense for a bookie to restrict traffic unless is was due to legislation of a particular country - that is the most likely cause - the service would be based in a country that was blocking the bookie and not the other way round

Pages: [1]
Print
« previous next »