RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

What makes a bookie more prone for arbing

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
arbasian
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

What makes a bookie more prone for arbing

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:41 am

I have a question which some of the gurus in here might be able to answer. What makes a bookmaker be more of a soft book , and be involved in more arbs agains sharp bookmaker such as pinnacle for example? Is it the accuracy of Pinnacle's forecasts? Is it that soft books have higher margins?
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: What makes a bookie more prone for arbing

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:27 am

Soft books move their odds too slowly.  They dont have automated odds adjustment, so many arbers can hit them before a trader manages to adjust the odds.

Pinnacle's software automatically moves the odds up or down after every sizable bet.  And they open their lines with small limits and let them settle naturally by people betting them, before they up the limits.  A VERY clever way of ensuring you are offering a correct line.
Never trust a goose!!!
akujieze
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Well said....
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:02 pm

arbasian, it's  like with your question whether you lose money to pin or marathon... Reading this forum in your own time, all of it, is the best thing for you. I'm not trying to be condescending at all. Your questions show that you haven't done your basic homework and while it's possible for any kind person to answer your questions you will miss loads of other things that you would hopefully learn while looking for answers - by reading this forum - on your own. Honestly I'm trying to help...
arbasian
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi Bubbles, good point about ready through the forum threads. Seems like there's a lot of information in the oldest posts too.

Thanks!
Bubbles wrote: arbasian, it's  like with your question whether you lose money to pin or marathon... Reading this forum in your own time, all of it, is the best thing for you. I'm not trying to be condescending at all. Your questions show that you haven't done your basic homework and while it's possible for any kind person to answer your questions you will miss loads of other things that you would hopefully learn while looking for answers - by reading this forum - on your own. Honestly I'm trying to help...

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”