Handling Stake Limits

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Handling Stake Limits  (Read 684 times)
BeterBet

View Profile

BeterBet

Handling Stake Limits
« on: January 08, 2017, 06:31:59 PM »

Goodafternoon fellow Arbers,

Imagine this: you have been scanning all your favorite bookmakers the entire day and finally see a nice, juicy, surebet consisting of two legs you would like to exploit. You log into your account and start placing bets. Your first bet is in (say EUR 60) and all you have to do is to place the second.... only problem is however; although the first bet is placed, the second leg can't be wagered in full (e.g. you can only wager 25 instead of 40). So you end up with something you as a pure arber simply hate - risk.

The problem is, this has happened to me quite a lot of times. My first response is to scan the rest of my bookmakers for some comparable odds on the wager, to complete my stake. Granted, it diminishes my arbitrage, but at least I haven't got any risk left. This is provided that I actually find some comparable odds somewhere.

My question is - how do you deal with this? Is there some clever way in which you can "probe" what your maximum wager is so that you know how much you can bet on both sided without facing unwanted risk? The problem is that if you press "place bet", it is placed instantaneously. Perhaps I am simply using the wrong bookies... (in above example it concerned marathonbet and myBet).

Any advice is welcome!
MaxShalamar
Pro

Sad how all the old crowd left

View Profile

MaxShalamar

Re: Handling Stake Limits
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:57:30 PM »

A lot of bookies tell you the maximum stake before you place the bet - either a "max stake" button (B365 etc) or if you type 111111 or any large number and place the bet - check both side before placing either bet
arbasian

View Profile

arbasian

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 10:24:17 PM »

Always confirm limits of all legs in a line before actually placing bets. Marathon tells you the limits before placing. Don't know about mybet as I have never used it. However in this case if marathon limits are fine, I would first try placing the mybet sides. That way you're sure..
maletaja
Getting better

View Profile

maletaja

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 11:16:10 PM »

one solution-valuebet
Gamblers Ruin

View Profile

Gamblers Ruin

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 09:26:16 AM »

I will also place the side without any other comparable alternatives first; this one will hurt more if the line moves while I'm placing them.

Win->bet more->lose->bet same-> bankrupt
BeterBet

View Profile

BeterBet

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 08:47:15 PM »

A lot of bookies tell you the maximum stake before you place the bet - either a "max stake" button (B365 etc) or if you type 111111 or any large number and place the bet - check both side before placing either bet

Thank you very much, that actually sounds like very sound advice. One extremely newbie question however.... Is there a way in which they can still make me commit to any large number? Say I type in 9.999.999 (or some other big number), will they in any way be able to actually let me do the wager, provided I don't have the balance (Lol, I wish)? This must sound like the stupidest question in the history of questions....
MaxShalamar
Pro

Sad how all the old crowd left

View Profile

MaxShalamar

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »

Thank you very much, that actually sounds like very sound advice. One extremely newbie question however.... Is there a way in which they can still make me commit to any large number? Say I type in 9.999.999 (or some other big number), will they in any way be able to actually let me do the wager, provided I don't have the balance (Lol, I wish)? This must sound like the stupidest question in the history of questions....

No - you can never make a bet larger than your available balance
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 10:05:42 PM »

This must sound like the stupidest question in the history of questions....

so why ask it? yes it is the most stupidest question imaginable, had to re-read it a few times to believe
my eyes, but hey what do I know? maybe some day you will get £888 million on a bet and with william hill
and it wins and you get to keep the company, please remember us arbers when you take over?
BeterBet

View Profile

BeterBet

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 05:05:04 PM »

This must sound like the stupidest question in the history of questions....

so why ask it? yes it is the most stupidest question imaginable, had to re-read it a few times to believe
my eyes, but hey what do I know? maybe some day you will get £888 million on a bet and with william hill
and it wins and you get to keep the company, please remember us arbers when you take over?

Cool story bro
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:07:05 PM by BeterBet » Logged
BeterBet

View Profile

BeterBet

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »

No - you can never make a bet larger than your available balance

Thanks for your advice, I have tried it and it works. Was a bit too anxious placing bets, I am a rookie to this.
dealer wins
Probably a Pro

View Profile

dealer wins

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 10:25:32 PM »

You bet the side that it out 1st comparec to betfair, its not rocket science.

Never trust a goose!!!
Antifragile

View Profile

Antifragile

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 10:56:17 AM »

You bet the side that it out 1st comparec to betfair, its not rocket science.

Beware of liquidity at betfair. Sometimes the odds at betfair change rapidly. I suspect fellow arbers using the same alert services jumping in to collect the arb. This is particularly relevant in small markets with low liquidity.

What it means to a newbie is that you cannot be sure that the betfair odds can take an unlimited stake. Often an arbable bet at betfair disappears very quickly after it has been spotted by my alert service. ( I use en.surebet.com)
Pages: [1]
Print