BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Is it worth it?

Ask anything about smart gambling
ronin

Is it worth it?

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi guys,

Been researching Arbs for a while and was about to start, got my software and stumbled on this forum.

So my question is it seems a lot has happened to really mess with our ability to do arbs, in relation to pre match bets
and several other issues leading to banned and limited accounts.

So is it even worth starting at this stage? Can one make enough money to warrant the time and effort put into arbing and learning?

If it still is, in the current environment whats the best advice for beginner?
I'm reading through the forum to learn, but would value any insights regarding the current climate.

Thanks in advance if you take the time to answer
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Is it worth it?

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:03 pm

I don't know how many years (12-15?) since the good days of the old forum that I've been hearing about the end of arbitrage. I'm pretty sure that every oldest member of this forum started when arbitrage was already pronounced dead and buried. Nobody knows in advance whether it's going to be worth their while. Like with any other business one takes a risk; in this particular case it's mostly your time and effort. 
arbasian
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:40 am

Hi ronin,

I answer your question with a yes. It is still worth arbing. Read the forum as it contains valuable knowledge.

Take care of your soft book accounts. Try not to get limited with obvious greedy playing. You need them to last. See this as a long term exercise.
arbetour
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:51 am

arbasian wrote: Hi ronin,

I answer your question with a yes. It is still worth arbing. Read the forum as it contains valuable knowledge.

Take care of your soft book accounts. Try not to get limited with obvious greedy playing. You need them to last. See this as a long term exercise.
Many softbook limits stay at reasonable amounts indefinitely (£50 to  £100s depending on event), even if you've been very greedy and been limmited, isn't that enough?
arbasian
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:28 am

arbetour wrote:
arbasian wrote: Hi ronin,

Many softbook limits stay at reasonable amounts indefinitely (£50 to  £100s depending on event), even if you've been very greedy and been limmited, isn't that enough?
Are the 50-100 limits applied to all football, or just important leagues? Because Ideally if you want to take arbing seriously , you use limits which run in the thousands. You need to fund tools, software, servers etc etc...

When I started arbing aroung two years ago, I was not patient enough to go through the posts in this forum, and ended up being limited to 1 euro at one bookmaker which I had spent considerable number of hours developing a tool to place bets on it. Nowadays I am trying to use as much knowledge as possible from here, and also stuff gained from personal experience to try to stay under the radar.  I can give a couple of tips, such as bet whole figures (don't bet 200.33 Euro, just place 200 Euro), Don't place more than on leg at same soft book. This will reduce the arb occasions, but at least you should last longer on higher limits.

Good luck! 
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:19 am

Best advice would be to go through all books and just bag their bonusses and offers.  This alone will make you several 1000 worth and if you do it right, you'll get some reload bonuses to keep you going a bit after that.  It'll teach you a lot and increase your bankroll.  Just don't be too greedy while you match the offers and only bet on important leagues like the premier league, even it it means taking a small loss on that particular arb.  That should keep the accounts open for when you really want to start arbing.  The extra bonus cash or freebets will give you a healthy overall margin.

Best way to start and learn IMHO.
Niklaus
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:37 pm

but you can take a bump while trying to get bonuses no?meaning you might get stuck in some pretty shady bookies.And there are just a few ones liable but with those you wont make 1k per account.I think....

Return to “Newbie's questions”