RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

I am newbie can help me somebody?

Ask anything about smart gambling
Ge
George

I am newbie can help me somebody?

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:00 am

Hello,
I am newbie and i am not sure about arbitrage... I have read a lot of sites in internet but i cant understant exchactly some things: i have possibility to lose my money? I must have an account to a lot bookmakers? How much money i should start ?  I friend of mine told me about arbitrage and he used to make some cash, but  if i start using all that i want to solve all of my question!!
                                                                                                                                            Thank you
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: I am newbie can help me somebody?

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:46 am

Hi George and welcome to our forum.
Yes, there is a possibility to lose some money. Especialy when you begin arbitrage and your experience is limited. No matter what you do, you will make mistakes and you will have to pay for them. I m arbing for 8 years now and i still make mistakes.
After the boot camp (initial stages), you will be able to say that profits are bigger than losses, and arbing will start bringing money at home.
A lost of people (i would say 98%) is lost in the boot camp, and dont have the chance to taste the good things of arbitrage.
Yes, you must have accounts with a lot of bookmakers.
The cash that you will use, depends on your expectations and your bank account. Start playing with 2-3K, and when you feel safe enough, bring more money in. 10k is a minimum if you want to make some decent cash (for western criteria) If your expectations are low, or if you come from a place with low cost of living, you could survive with 5k.
Good luck.
jon23
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:35 am

Hi I posted elsewhere as well - I am like the first poster, very new, no experience. Is it possible to arb with just £500? I know it's not much but I'm curious to know if I can make smaller profits using a small bankroll. I'm a student trying to pay off debt and thought this can be a way to do it. Anyone has tips/advice/suggestions for first-time arbers please share. I am willing to learn and work at this.

thank you!
uknow
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 pm

It´s not very profitable to arb with £500, but you can scalp bonuses. Bet 365 has £200 for UK people I think and Willam Hill, Ladbrokes and the ones will also give you good bonuses I assume.
jon23
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Thank you! So I think I must use the full bonus amount before I am able to withdraw the money? I am assuming they won't let you get a £200 bonus and then just withdraw otherwise everyone would do this.

All of those are bookies listed. This morning I did some reading on exchanges. Is it best to use a bookie and lay on an exchange or vice versa? If so which ones can I use? Do they have any bonus offer?

thanks
uknow
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:46 pm

Yes you have to rollover the bonus a couple of times. You have to read the terms and conditions therefore. As you only have £500 it´s probably better to start with lower bonuses like £25 free bets and so on.

Yes you can lay at an exchange or dutch with a different bookmaker. As you have a low bankroll it wouldn´t be favourable to split your money between different basebooks. Basebooks are bookies which don´t limit you (exchanges and asians). An exchange is probably better for the beginning. There are Betfair, Betdaq and Smarkets. I think Betfair has a bonus if someone refers you. Betdaq also has a bonus, but with very hard conditions. With Smarkets I have no idea.

Always place the first bet with the limiting bookmakers.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Your bankroll is very low. Maybe you shouldn't bother.
jon23
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Thank you MX. Asides from exchanges listed are there any other better ones? I see on Betdaq I have 3% comm, on Smarkets I have 2% comm and on Betfair it is calculated differently. I also found this exchange: WBX. Any advice?

Which bookies should I sign up with? Do every single one of them limit?
jon23
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:24 pm

so i tried out the lb £50 and did ok with it not a huge profit but still learning. been doing lots of reading. anyone have tips for the 365 200 bonus? can you do it in £50 four times or has to be £200 at once?
jon23
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:26 pm

forgot to ask did anyone use this fixtheodds site? i was reading things on there. which odds checking sites are the best i used oddsmonkey. any better ones?

Return to “Newbie's questions”