RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

VPN Question

Ask anything about smart gambling
viking2
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

VPN Question

Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:48 am

Hi all have a question about VPN and not sure if it should be posted here or in the vpn forum but i think it might be the newbies forum. 

I'm located in a country where i have access to most sites.  I have skrill/neteller account and access to many sites.  The issue for me though is i cannot find much arbs anymore it seems.  I do have a bet365 account where back then, i occasionally found arbs... but not anymore.  I never had to use a vpn.  However if i go to a country where a certain site isn't allowed, that is exactly what the vpn is for then right?  Now the important question i want to ask is this.  Aren't there certain sites where a vpn cannot work because those sites either will 100 percent find out you are using a vpn one way or another?  For example, i read mentioning where skrill or neteller... if you use a vpn for that, you would have tons of problems assuming the country you are in does not allow skrill.  Is that true or false?  What about bet365?  I heard a few things mentioned about this site as well.

Now the other thing is im assuming almost all of you are in countries where skrill/neteller is allowed?  And its just the sites that are not allowed in your country... thats the reason why you use vpn?  Like for example pinnacle?  Is this true/false?

But what i dont get is this.  Assuming you use skrill or neteller to fund your account, are you not using a vpn when using skrill but using it with the actual site?  Im not sure if im asking this question correctly as it sound confusing but does anyone get what i mean here?  The thing is do most ppl use vpn because that site they want to play on isn't allowed?  Or is it mostly because they want to have multiple accounts?  I had heard on this forum i believe someone mentioned you cannot mention this as its frowned upon on this forum? 

What sites do allow vpn and doesn't even care that you use a vpn?  For example pinnacle doesn't allow customers in certain countries.  But almost everyone who wants to play there just get an account through an agent and use a vpn right?  Does pinnacle even care of do they not care since they know they have players who uses agents for this?  But if its an ewallet like skrill or a site like bet365, they would eventually know you use a vpn and then ban your account?

The other thing is what happens if something goes wrong when you use a vpn?  I mean for example, couldn't your vpn go down?  Your electricity turn off?  Or your internet go out?  Then during those seconds, they detect you are using a vpn from another country?  What happens then?  So basically for example if this happens with pinnacle, they won't care?  Or would they ban your account?  The thing that confuses me is isn't a vpn not 100 percent safe because things could happen like internet outage, power outage and stuff like that? 
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: VPN Question

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:43 am

viking2 wrote: What sites do allow vpn and doesn't even care that you use a vpn? 
Sharp books
viking2 wrote: But if its an ewallet like skrill or a site like bet365, they would eventually know you use a vpn and then ban your account?
Some books might close your account straight away on the basis of suspicious activity detected. Ewallets would rather consult you first about it and ask for further confirmation about your residency.
viking2
Has experience

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Can you name these sharp books?

I know pinnacle would obviously be one of these.

Well the thing is for ewallets, isn't it true you cannot use a vpn for that because they eventually will figure it out?  Im pretty sure i read someone mentined something like this with an ewallet.  That you cant use a vpn with an ewallet right?  Im wondering how do people even do this. 

Well if you already have an ewallet that is confirmed with residency a long time ago, they would then ask it again if they think you are using a vpn?  But if thats the case, if you have the vpn and those residency documents, then wouldn't that be no problem?

Do most ppl here use a vpn due to country restrictions?  Or is it mostly the other reason? 

For example bet365 is not a sharp book.  But if someone access their bet365 account in a country where bet365 isn't allowed with a vpn, then wouldnt' that person eventually get noticed etc?  Dont certain books take much more precaution than others?  I heard ewallets is the one that does the most.  And without an ewallet, then how is it even possible for most ppl to even arb?
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:10 pm

viking2 wrote: Can you name these sharp books?
pin + asians
viking2 wrote: Well if you already have an ewallet that is confirmed with residency a long time ago, they would then ask it again if they think you are using a vpn?  But if thats the case, if you have the vpn and those residency documents, then wouldn't that be no problem?
If you use vpn you pretend that you're in a different country than the one in which you're physically present. Ewallets will notice it and ask whether you changed you country of residance. Later they might ask for a further proof of your address.
sevvvvv
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:05 pm

I know for a fact that Neteller asks for selfie when they detect VPN usage so be careful with multi IDs.
As for skrill they are even tougher and in some cases they close account with no further explanations (funds can be withdrawal by bank account in both cases tough).

Books are softer, sharps don´t care about this , softbooks like unibet,marathon,bet365 may ask for additional verification but I know people who got away with vpns abusing bonuses and arbs.

Justmy2cents. 8)
viking2
Has experience

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:50 am

Bubbles wrote:
viking2 wrote: Can you name these sharp books?
pin + asians
viking2 wrote: Well if you already have an ewallet that is confirmed with residency a long time ago, they would then ask it again if they think you are using a vpn?  But if thats the case, if you have the vpn and those residency documents, then wouldn't that be no problem?
If you use vpn you pretend that you're in a different country than the one in which you're physically present. Ewallets will notice it and ask whether you changed you country of residance. Later they might ask for a further proof of your address.

Yes i know thats what a vpn would do.  So for example say you are in a country where you have skrill/neteller accounts and these are verified a long time already along with the actual sites you bet on.  Then you go to another country.  In that country, skrill/neteller and those sites doesn't allow players at all.  So if thats the case, is a vpn really going to work or not?  Why do you ewallets notice it but not other sites?  Does skrill or neteller have a special way of checking compared to betting sites or something?  Thus they have better technology than pinnacle?  But if they ask you for further proof of address, isn't it going to be a bill of some sort or selfie?  Because if they ask that, well you usually can send it to them etc unless something im missing here?

Im curious so what happens to ppl who are in countries where its antigambling?  So a vpn isn't going to work for them no matter what?  But what if they already established residencyin another country then go to a country where those gambling sites aren't allowed?
viking2
Has experience

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:54 am

sevvvvv wrote: I know for a fact that Neteller asks for selfie when they detect VPN usage so be careful with multi IDs.
As for skrill they are even tougher and in some cases they close account with no further explanations (funds can be withdrawal by bank account in both cases tough).

Books are softer, sharps don´t care about this , softbooks like unibet,marathon,bet365 may ask for additional verification but I know people who got away with vpns abusing bonuses and arbs.

Justmy2cents. 8)

Well the thing is im not asking about multiple accounts on the same site.  I mean accessing sites like skrill/neteller and those other gambling sites in a country where they dont allow customers in those countries. 

Yes i heard skrill does this with others who use a vpn.  but if thats the case, then how do ppl here even arb since doing so will require a vpn?  They just send the proper documents and thats fine?  Also you say bet365 ask for additinoal information.  What possible information would they ask for?  Isn't it just a bill in your name or a selfie etc?

Has anyone here accessed skrill/neteller or bet365 in restricted countries?  What is confusing is how do ppl not have any issues at all if some ppl mention here skrill will notice the vpn no matter what?
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:12 am

sevvvvv wrote: softbooks like unibet,marathon,bet365 may ask for additional verification but I know people who got away with vpns abusing bonuses and arbs.
Why use vpn if you still need the proof of address? If you&co live in a country where these books are available why use vpn and expose yourself while it's suffice to change ip?

Return to “Newbie's questions”