Arbing from Canada

Ask anything about smart gambling
mikey
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Arbing from Canada

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 am

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for taking a look at my question here.. I'm from Canada and am interested in sports arbitrage to make some extra money on the side. I'd be very pleased with 10% return per month eventually when I figure everything out.
While the law regarding online gambling in Canada is grey/fuzzy, it's legal, which is great.

However, due to the murkiness of the law, many of the main betting exchanges have closed up shop (i.e. betfair, ladbrokes, betdaq, matchbook, etc.). There are still many bookies out there willing to take bets, however, I'm worried that without these options, the arbs found will be minimal.

Is arbing still do-able, minus these big exchanges?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Arbing from Canada

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:10 pm

There are some Canadians in the forum with deeper knowledge than me about this situation. You mentioned that most basebooks are out of touch. What about Pinnacle and the other Asians? Without them, it is general senseless to speak about arbitrage in Canada or anywhere else.
mikey
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:41 am

Thanks for the reply

Pinnacle works; I don't thinks Smarkets takes Canadians either.

I'm not sure about the Asian establishments. Anyone else know if this is a possibility for me?

I really hope arbing is a worthwhile venture, I'm excited to begin.
Last edited by mikey on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janyanwu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:12 am

Arbing from Canada is very difficult because there is no Ewallet  such as Skrill, Neteller. We Are left with Enropay and Ecopayz and they charge Arms and legs for fees. is like you are working for them.  Lot of boiokies will accept you yes. Example if you have USD  account with Pinnacle and your Entropay is in USD whenever you want to deposit at pinnacle they will convert your money to Euro and convert back to USD. can you see how much you already lost. The only way around it is to Keep all your account in Euro. Some bookies will not allow you to do so. Most of the book does not accept Ecopayz and Entropay that is another dilemma.

My best advice to you is  move to different country or learn different skills such as trading on Stocks, Options,  Binary options and ETC. I am from Canada like you too.

If you need more information feel free to Pm me.

Thanks,

Bobo.
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 pm

mikey wrote: I'm not sure about the Asian establishments. Anyone else know if this is a possibility for me?
I'm not from Canada so I don't know if agents have any restrictions but I would definitely have a chat with them.
Janyanwu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Agent charge  you 3% of your deposit  all the time, Do you know any Agent that is reliable and will charge you less than 3% of your deposit.  Please let me know and you can only use Agents on Asians books and  Pinnacle and you can not use them on softbook.

Yes You can get Bet365 account anytime.  We  are not allowed with the following books Betfair, Paddypower,  Ladbrokes and Williamhill. Everyone know that Betvictor and Stanjame are a joke we are allowed to use them but they are useless.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Bobo wrote: you can only use Agents on Asians books and  Pinnacle
whatever its quality you have access through shark to BF exchange as well, which as I understand you don't have in Canada
mikey
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:48 am

Thanks for all of the replies.

Is it possible through an agent or does it eat too much into the profits to do so?

Also, (and pardon my newbie-ness) but what exactly is shark and how could it give me access to BF?

Thanks again
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:44 am

BF = Betfair. Shark is a tool offered by premium tradings (agent) that allows you to access BF's markets.

Whether it would be worth your while to use an agent or not nobody will tell you. It's up to individual performance and preference.
mikey
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:26 pm

Thanks for the information regarding Premium Tradings. I've contacted them and am in the process of trying to figure out how it all works.

Does anyone have any experience using them? Any info on them at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:25 am

Very trustworthy, great customer service.  Been using them for a long time and have 0 complaints.  Shark tool for Betfair works very good as well.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:57 am

There's also a whole thread dedicated to them here. If you don't see it from Canada try from a different country.
mikey
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:00 pm

It seems I am restricted to viewing any thread that is about 'betting agents'

I've done a search for Premium Tradings and hits come up, but when I click on them, I get sent to a page that says "To comply with the UK and US legislation on online gambling, this forum restricts access to some of its sections to residents of the above mentioned countries. Thank you for your understanding."

I'm not even in the US... I've even tried using a VPN from the UK and it says the same thing.
barbero
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Alfa, what commission do you get on BF via Shark tool?
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:57 pm

mikey wrote: It seems I am restricted to viewing any thread that is about 'betting agents'

I've done a search for Premium Tradings and hits come up, but when I click on them, I get sent to a page that says "To comply with the UK and US legislation on online gambling, this forum restricts access to some of its sections to residents of the above mentioned countries. Thank you for your understanding."

I'm not even in the US... I've even tried using a VPN from the UK and it says the same thing.
It's restricted in the UK, it's in your quote, try anywhere else in Europe

Return to “Newbie's questions”