RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Put arbing on CV?

Anything else but gambling
kyesaerc
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Put arbing on CV?

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm just wondering if any of you have applied for a job since you started doing arbitrage betting and if you have - or would - put arbitrage betting down on your CV or resume.
kyesaerc
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Put arbing on CV?

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:58 pm

I should mention that the areas I would be working in would be data analysis or financial engineering so there would be at least a minor cross-over between the two. But as you alluded to, the main reason I'd consider bringing it up would be to explain the lack of standard work experience on my CV.
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:52 pm

Day trader would sound much better. From a phrase sport betting arbitrage ppl usually only hear “gambling”...
raizzak
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:29 pm

I would put if it was for an operational role at e-gaming industry otherwise i wouldn't. it would do more harm than good
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
Gamblers Ruin
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:35 am

kyesaerc wrote: I should mention that the areas I would be working in would be data analysis or financial engineering
I'm in a very similar industry and had mainly positive responses to this (part-time only) at interview. However, I agree it should be very vague on your CV to avoid being judged before you have a chance to defend yourself.
Win->bet more->lose->bet same-> bankrupt
Robbie

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:26 am

I landed a nice Director of Quantitative Trading job at a big hedge fund in Vietnam back in 2007 with sports arbitrage trader experience on my CV.  In fact, it was the main reason they hired me.  Most people are pretty impressed when you tell them there is a way to make low-risk profits in the high risk world of sports betting.

Return to “Rest Area”