RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

exchanges closing accounts

Info about betting exchanges.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

exchanges closing accounts

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:49 pm

I search internet and saw that there are some complaints from people banned from exchanges due to winnings,not for breaking up rules or premium charge.Anyone here facing this?
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: exchanges closing accounts

Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:24 pm

I think only Smarkets used to do this, but they seem to have changed their ways if you don't "abuse" the exchange.  That is, take advantage of the slight delay their market makers have in adjusting odds.  Never heard of another exchange doing this sort of thing but I could be wrong.
Bridge
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:06 pm

For 4 years of arbing I have only one account closed by bookmaker.

First and only one was exchange
valuebets
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:42 am

Which one?
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:37 am

The summary as i see is that it is too difficult to close an account due to winnings,as they gain money from comission,as for smarkets i have also heard that they closed accounts in the past
E4e
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 am

gamblehappier wrote: The summary as i see is that it is too difficult to close an account due to winnings,as they gain money from comission,as for smarkets i have also heard that they closed accounts in the past
Smarkets is not really an exchange, most of the time you will be betting against their prop team subsidiary also crosses itself to give an impression of liquidity. They will close your account if you arb their prop desk too much or when you exploit their off market prices.

Such behavior would be forbidden in a real financial exchange.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:23 am

Hi,You said that at smarkets you will be betting against their prop team subsidiary also crosses itself to give an impression of liquidity.

Do you think the other exchanges like matchbook,betdaq do not do this?.And i think much more because they have really less traffic than smarkets.Check the  traffic rankings of the exchanges.If  smarkets keep the low comission maybe in the future they hit betfair.And as i see from a  traffic graph betfair lose people due to comissions,but it is the king.
Last edited by gamblehappier on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:55 am

I dont get why  they dont offer money for added liquidity. like financial markets.
E4e
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:21 am

gamblehappier wrote: Hi,You said that at smarkets you will be betting against their prop team subsidiary also crosses itself to give an impression of liquidity.

Do you think the other exchanges like matchbook,betdaq do not do this?.And i think much more because they have really less traffic than smarkets.Check the  traffic rankings of the exchanges.If  smarkets keep the low comission maybe in the future they hit betfair.And as i see from a  traffic graph betfair lose people due to comissions,but it is the king.
I totally agree I'm not saying the opposite. Just reminding traders that they won't be trading against another individual but against the firm.
midoritea
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:19 pm

gamblehappier wrote: said that at smarkets you will be betting against their prop team subsidiary also crosses itself to give an impression of liquidity.

Do you think the other exchanges like matchbook,betdaq do not do this?
The difference is that all real exchanges support anonymous agent accounts, offer apis, and welcome all action. Basically they operate in a hardbook fashion - while smarkets BEHAVES like a softbook. If you lay your own odds they either need to be sharp enough to beat the real market, or need to be protected with restrictions (or you go bankrupt).
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:29 am

As i see,matchbook in general has less traffic but bigger liquidity than smarkets in sports and on horses.So in this occasion i think more fake liquidity is at matchbook than smarkets.Smarktes has more traffic than other exchanges so this  means that more real players are in smarkets..
Last edited by gamblehappier on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Exchanges”