RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Odds4Stats (O4S) new value betting service

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Odds4Stats (O4S) new value betting service

Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:22 pm

mate wrote: I will not reply, thank you very much for your attitude! Arbusers a few months ago has been prompted the market will have new value software, I just complained that in the long wait, but in the end was very disappointed!
For arbusers, I am very grateful! Have learned a lot in the forum!
For O4S, your service is very good, just software, I do not see any valuable things!

Thank you for the positive reaction and the explanation, we also think the forum is a good way to communicate.
Response to the professional part:
In our statistical database there is no game which would be an arb, we carefully checked that. It is very important for us to give our users clean (no arb) data for creating strategies.
ODDS4STATS gives you a really simple way to search for very good strategies, and as we are sure you already know it is not an arb software.
We believe that giving a really simple application for creating strategies is a very big help, and believably or not the creator of ODDS4STATS also did arbing for 7-8 years, Arbusers can confirm that :)
Now this is something different, something new. It's a trend with increasing knowledge year by year, bookmakers have to prepare even harder than against arbing.
Of course there is no guarantee You can produce the same figures in the future, but it is a very strong prevail.
In practice, the same thing happens like in the stock market,
preparing portfolios and strategies, which will be analyzed every year. It certainly works. Another important thing, if anyone who acquires this knowledge, will have a unique intellectual property, which is also worth to note.
We are sure that we will open the eyes of many thoughtful people in a few months, and if this occurs you will not need to apologize. We are pleased to see your thoughts more clearly, and explained your opinion in detail. Thanks again!

ODDS4STATS
Cequvera
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:23 am

Although I think Odds4Stats is a nice website for statistics, it doesn't make you a profitable gambler.

Also, I'm not sure why you put a feed in the left side of the screen with useless statistics:
League Filter (High Risk): NLD2 all 37 matches between home odds 4.00-10.00 for season 2016-2017 shows a crazy 174,05% Payout! There will be 2 games tonight: - Helmond Sports - NAC Breda - RKC Waalwijk - VVV Venlo
The way it's presented is misleading. It seems like it's a sure thing these bets will be profitable in the long run which is absolutely not true. I don't care about the fact that Helmond Sport did actually win that game but 174% payout isn't that 'crazy' in just 37 games after all. Especially if you realize that the 4-10 odds filter is a really strange one to apply and based on absolutely nothing.

Depending on the goal with Odds4Stats I can see the value of this website, but in it's current form I think it's just misleading for people who are naive and think they have a winning strategy which turned out to be just luck.
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 am

Cequvera wrote: Although I think Odds4Stats is a nice website for statistics, it doesn't make you a profitable gambler.

Also, I'm not sure why you put a feed in the left side of the screen with useless statistics:
League Filter (High Risk): NLD2 all 37 matches between home odds 4.00-10.00 for season 2016-2017 shows a crazy 174,05% Payout! There will be 2 games tonight: - Helmond Sports - NAC Breda - RKC Waalwijk - VVV Venlo
The way it's presented is misleading. It seems like it's a sure thing these bets will be profitable in the long run which is absolutely not true. I don't care about the fact that Helmond Sport did actually win that game but 174% payout isn't that 'crazy' in just 37 games after all. Especially if you realize that the 4-10 odds filter is a really strange one to apply and based on absolutely nothing.

Depending on the goal with Odds4Stats I can see the value of this website, but in it's current form I think it's just misleading for people who are naive and think they have a winning strategy which turned out to be just luck.

Hello,

Thanks for the comment.
We think that the ODDS4STATS database is for everyone, useful for professionals and for beginners as well.
With respect to the feed on the left-hand side, we are trying to put out thought-provoking tips in a variety of ways, because we expect, that this way everyone can find his/her own taste in the ODDS4STATS database.
We agree that for example this 174.05% payout can not be sustained in the long run, but here is a very important point to know: the exact characteristics of each league, and in this case, we can say that the NLD2 has many unexpected results both home and away, it's a fact.
This is the moment when we leave the statistics and we have to think about what can be predicted from the past. And, as we have said, this must be known precisely for each league. This way you can compare the data year by year and the leagues with each other.
Now, this task is related to the database, and as we said before, ODDS4STATS will provide such a help in the future! Keep visiting ODDS4STATS!

ODDS4STATS
crowned
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun May 14, 2017 7:14 am

Any report guys?
Cequvera
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 22, 2017 6:06 am

It's pretty quite here. What's going on with Odds4Stats?
Harmonica
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 22, 2017 4:27 pm

from the videos i saw i think its quite expensive for what it offers, need more work (more filters to play with).

I have scrapped from oddsportal and made a similar tool presented on one of those videos, i found out that for instance if you layed Braga (portuguese league) for the past 5 seasons (not counting the present one but i'm sure this season it would be profitable) you would get a nice profit (at least 20 units). There are definitely nice steady trends on the market, teams that the market/traders overrate a little bit.
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Cequvera wrote: It's pretty quite here. What's going on with Odds4Stats?
Hello Guys,

Thanks for your interest, the registrations and subscribers are growing steadily, and this is mainly due to the fact that we strive to share valuable trends with our users on a daily basis.

Currently, we are trying to evaluate user needs and as the result, the graph will be available within 1-2 days when you filter for a strategy. Important to note that with these graphs you will also see the records for your settings, such as:
Most winning or lost matches in a row, the maximum drawups and drawdowns and the current state, all these can significantly help users in calculating probabilities, see example here:

https://ibb.co/iTfdDF

In the near future, we will also make 1-2 very valuable improvements, which will make the filter process much more effective for users :)

Thank you for your attention!

ODDS4STATS
Last edited by O4S on Tue May 23, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Harmonica wrote: from the videos i saw i think its quite expensive for what it offers, need more work (more filters to play with).

I have scrapped from oddsportal and made a similar tool presented on one of those videos, i found out that for instance if you layed Braga (portuguese league) for the past 5 seasons (not counting the present one but i'm sure this season it would be profitable) you would get a nice profit (at least 20 units). There are definitely nice steady trends on the market, teams that the market/traders overrate a little bit.
Hi Harmonica,

Thanks for the thoughts!

Yes, we agree, still a lot of work to do, but we would like to point out that data analysis, strategy creation, and the year-to-year comparison of the database mean increasing knowledge for each user who uses the data year after year.
Because if we got data we got everything  :)

On the other hand, we congratulate you on finding your own strategy out of data analysis, indeed this is a great attitude, you will certainly learn a lot from it, you will learn even more when you analyzed 10 or 100 teams and you will see its characteristic's.

The mentioned Portugal League has ended, so let us give you an analysis of the season:

Highest payout at home in the current season: Portugal Primeira Liga

1. Maritimo Funchal 170,18% payout

2. CD Feirense 152,76% payout

3. Vitoria de Setubal 143,06% payout

The worst is LCD Nacional with only 29,41% payout. They have been relegated...

We recommend that you check the same teams for 3 and 5 years because such a high payout can’t be sustained in the long run!

Highest payout at away in the current season: Portugal Primeira Liga

1. Belenenses 186,00% payout

2. Vitoria Guimares 169,47% payout

3. CD Feirense 166,88% % payout

The worst is CD Tondela 18,59% payout.

We suggest that in this case as well to check the last 3 and 5 seasons.

The Primeira matches at home:

ROI at odds range 1.01-2.69 at home in the current season.
A total number of matches 306, matches in this odds range are 205 so it’s the 66,99% of the games.
The payout is 100,74%

Same filter for 5 years:
A total number of matches 1397, matches in this odds range are 898 so it’s the 64,28% of the games.
The payout is 100,63%

ROI at odds range 2.70-4.99 at home in the current season.
A total number of matches 306, matches in this odds range are 57 so it’s the 18,62% of the games.
The payout is 98,88%

Same filter for 5 years:
A total number of matches 1397, matches in this odds range are 296 so it’s the 21,18% of the games.
The payout is 98,45%

ROI at odds range 5.00-UP at home in the current season:

A total number of matches 306, matches in this odds range are 44 so it’s the 14,37% of the games.
The payout is 93,07%

Same filter for 5 years:
A total number of matches 1397, matches in this odds range are 296 so it’s the 21,18% of the games.
The payout is 98,45%

The conclusion is: The bookmakers calculating the Portugal Liga odds correctly.

The Primeira matches away:

ROI at odds range 1.01-2.69 away in the current season.
A total number of matches 306, matches in this odds range are 72 so it’s the 23,52% of the games.
The payout is 96,26%

Same filter for 5 years:
A total number of matches 1397, matches in this odds range are 380 so it’s the 27,39% of the games.
The payout is 96,92%

ROI at odds range 2.70-4.99 away in the current season.
A total number of matches 306, matches in this odds range are 150 so it’s the 49,01% of the games.
The payout is 109,11%

Same filter for 5 years:
A total number of matches 1397, matches in this odds range are 617 so it’s the 44,16% of the games.
The payout is 96,94%

ROI at odds range 5.00-UP away in the current season:

A total number of matches 306, matches in this odds range are 84 so it’s the 27,45% of the games.
The payout is 46,87%

Same filter for 5 years:
A total number of matches 1397, matches in this odds range are 400 so it’s the 28,36% of the games.
The payout is 98,45%

The Conclusion is: The results and the trend show that there is no significant difference between home and away teams if all matches are taken into account. ODDS4STATS does not propose to filter Portuguese Primeira League by odds.
But in any case, it is worth keeping in mind that some teams are able to make profits on the home field every year. Will it be so in 2017-18? Nothing can be guaranteed, but numbers provide great help.
Check out ODDS4STATS :)

ODDS4STATS
MisterRodriguez
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 23, 2017 5:18 pm

I aknowledge that the objective of the odds4stast is useful to test the market efficiency hypothesis for a specific league and if the bookmakers priced correctly all subset of games in the last seasons,however when you start specifiyng by team the sample size and possibly the modifications in the squad/coaches and or league dynamics is not workable as a long term strategy.I would pay 15-20 for this maximum because of the limitation i stated above and also because you can do this type of technical analysys for free in the site footballdata
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue May 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Same for me. Good purpose, but when you want to exploit markets it cannot be open markets but small groups who take advantage of it.
You sell this service, but its ordinary "tipster" service which cannot be give value to the costumers. Ok, you can advertise your product by betting on Liverpool you will get 166% ROI!!! Every smart trader knows its bullshit
Im sorry mayby your goals were honest. But u have to ask yourself would you buy that service your own?I wouldnt  bash it down 100% . You can develop your databases better and mayby you will be good competirior to the Betradar or Betgenius
Last edited by maletaja on Tue May 23, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterRodriguez
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Agree with Malteja here.To apply a technical analysys you have to have a very big sample size and  obviously find a subset of games in a niche league(don t expect to beat he market in EPL or LA liga with this :D ;D)WHERE THE MARKET NOT THE BOOKIES is making mistakes,because if you take the closing odds they are shaped by the market sentiment exclusively.  Anyway for me my conclusion is -i have this information for free in  footballdata and i use it on a regular basis,however your service is more graphic and would save me same times a lot of work.i would buy it for 15-20 and if you complete the bookmakers filter.If you add Openers to the database then we enter in another game and suddenly your 49 is a bargain...
De Graaf
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Good day,

Took a (very shallow) look at the service and wanted to ask why softs are considered for closing odds. Skimming through these pages I see it has already been brought up.
Nonetheless, I'd rather ask again why is there an option at all, to consider closing odds of those books?
The question takes into consideration the following: A Marathonbet closing odd is meaningless and therefore irrelevant to any statistical analysis and predictions.
Would you consider that to be true?
All this is said because you are selling a service with a very-friendly interface(kudos) intended to save effort(kudos again), which can be quite misleading to some users( as in, a user will run some filters, look at percentages and arrive at conclusions).

Have you considered(would you find it useful?) to provide the functionality to run a set of matches results(any filter) against a basebook closing odds and the same set against a soft book afterwards(since you have the option) and the payout shown would be the difference of payouts between the two( so two bookie filters, base and soft)?
This would provide some measurement of bookies efficiency, rather then a predictor of outcomes(or what's left on the table).

Also, do you have any (at least vague) plans to expand the db to include other types of stats. One aspect would be the temporal, for example, something as simple as time of goal scored?
I understand( and have no clue  :D) what would you measure performance against, but maybe there is no need. One stat type can be run against another. (this, to my mind, is a short jump from what you have as I assume the same infrastructure can be used, though a proper db may hard to get by).
Then end result (stat against stat) could be a percentage, conveniently shown as odd( in various formats).
This could open a door to live-betting, where possibly more wiggle room is to be found.

This Qs may be a bit off of your main goals for the service, they are not meant with any negativity about what you offer.
Cheers
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 24, 2017 12:06 pm

MisterRodriguez wrote: Agree with Malteja here.To apply a technical analysys you have to have a very big sample size and  obviously find a subset of games in a niche league(don t expect to beat he market in EPL or LA liga with this :D ;D)WHERE THE MARKET NOT THE BOOKIES is making mistakes,because if you take the closing odds they are shaped by the market sentiment exclusively.  Anyway for me my conclusion is -i have this information for free in  footballdata and i use it on a regular basis,however your service is more graphic and would save me same times a lot of work.i would buy it for 15-20 and if you complete the bookmakers filter.If you add Openers to the database then we enter in another game and suddenly your 49 is a bargain...
Hello,

Thanks for your thoughts.
That's right, we are looking for a mistake on bookmakers side by comparing the data for short and long term and we think that for reasons that you have mentioned (squad and coaches) it is not really worth filtering for more than 5-6 years, but there are exceptions such as H2H, in this case, it is worth to filter for longer period. Or another example if a strategy shows the same results over the 5 years it only strengthens the hypothesis. But it's important to know that 5 years is the time to look at, see the UEFA coefficient.

We are sure if you create analysis there is no other place where you can do it in such a depth, this is the gap what ODDS4STATS wanted to fill.
In your second post, you are saying that the opening odds would be good as well, then the database would be valuable for you. Obviously, this is your own strategy and part of your thoughts, but please specify why do you think this is necessary, maybe we can help (other users might be interested too).

You are right, it's not necessarily the EPL or La Liga has to be "beaten". There are lots of second and third leagues where there is a serious gap on the shield, it's better to look there.

ODDS4STATS
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 24, 2017 12:26 pm

maletaja wrote: Same for me. Good purpose, but when you want to exploit markets it cannot be open markets but small groups who take advantage of it.
You sell this service, but its ordinary "tipster" service which cannot be give value to the costumers. Ok, you can advertise your product by betting on Liverpool you will get 166% ROI!!! Every smart trader knows its bullshit
Im sorry mayby your goals were honest. But u have to ask yourself would you buy that service your own?I wouldnt  bash it down 100% . You can develop your databases better and mayby you will be good competirior to the Betradar or Betgenius
Hello,

Thanks for your comment.
We're glad you see that our goals are good with this service. We want to give an extra to the bettors by using the data and to make them use it well. The ODDS4STATS is a great help, which helps a lot to see clearly between leagues and teams. It's worth to say over and over again that misunderstood data can easily overwhelm inexperienced users and it takes the time to see data sets correctly. What we are delivering is a unique product, but we have to deal wisely with it, it's not a question, we help you in this as well!

The Liverpool is a great example, and as we've said before, high payouts are not sustainable in the long run and to bet against a team it can be a strategy as well.... And do not forget that in the marketing point of view the big teams and big payouts are the best advertising.

Thanks for mentioning with Betradar on the same page, but they are a big company with a big advantage :)

ODDS4STATS
MisterRodriguez
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 24, 2017 4:39 pm

First of all thank you for you for your quick response and i wish you all the best (because i alrealdy see value and  with a few improvements it will be helpfull for the Pro bettor)

The improvements i can see helping me are:
Having a bookmaker filter,as a matter of fact,Pinnacle filter as every other bookmaker shapes their odds according Pinnacle(Pinnacle Lean)

The other one is having the openers,it might be a lot of work for your staff however there are a few crucial things that openers can show the Pro bettor and i will share one of the reasons,to compare the avg deviation between openers and closers and to see how much the league is exploitable,how much edge can i get if follow that league.The more the opening odds move in relation to closing odds the less efficient and therefore more exploitable and bigger edge can be acquired
And the openers are also crucial to another few things that i won t share at the moment.

Regarding your H2H mention i find wiith all due respect appalling that mention because its a very small sample size,so much circunstances that change over time and to be honest as a soccer enthusiast in soccer every game is shaped differently.Thats the only worry i m getting by your responses,i like the proactive approach,the explanations but i hate the references about huge small samples, thinks like h2h or Juventus,Liverpool and so on..i remember at least 3/4 stoppage time goals in 2012/2013 at home by Juve so if they weren t in all of the sudden your so called super sttaetgy goes down the drain.

To recap to test the market efficiency for a league yes,to find a subset of games in a niche league where the bookie might be making a mistake yes but Team strategy or H2H is ridiculous and i will mention the law of  The Law of Large Numbers (note LAW, even you can't argue with a LAW can you?) states that as the number of trials increases the ratio of successes to converges upon the expected ration of success.wll i think 50 matches (team strategy) or H2H 10 matches doesn t fit in that category

Anyway thank you and all the best,just trying to help and give an honest opinion,i might be wrong and i m open to discussion

Return to “Value betting talk”