RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Odds4Stats (O4S) new value betting service

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Odds4Stats (O4S) new value betting service

Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Being an arber you face lot of DROPPING ODDS. It mean market is totally wrong and some sharp(pinnacle) make the markets to change. Usually they are all small leagues
And im not 100% sure that they are event dependent. Rain in tennis, football matches or smth else. Im sure that some part market has mistaken "theoretical odds".Its not normal when over 3.5 goals change to 2.75 goals in same price)
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 25, 2017 9:06 am

MisterRodriguez wrote: First of all thank you for you for your quick response and i wish you all the best (because i alrealdy see value and  with a few improvements it will be helpfull for the Pro bettor)

The improvements i can see helping me are:
Having a bookmaker filter,as a matter of fact,Pinnacle filter as every other bookmaker shapes their odds according Pinnacle(Pinnacle Lean)

The other one is having the openers,it might be a lot of work for your staff however there are a few crucial things that openers can show the Pro bettor and i will share one of the reasons,to compare the avg deviation between openers and closers and to see how much the league is exploitable,how much edge can i get if follow that league.The more the opening odds move in relation to closing odds the less efficient and therefore more exploitable and bigger edge can be acquired
And the openers are also crucial to another few things that i won t share at the moment.

Regarding your H2H mention i find wiith all due respect appalling that mention because its a very small sample size,so much circunstances that change over time and to be honest as a soccer enthusiast in soccer every game is shaped differently.Thats the only worry i m getting by your responses,i like the proactive approach,the explanations but i hate the references about huge small samples, thinks like h2h or Juventus,Liverpool and so on..i remember at least 3/4 stoppage time goals in 2012/2013 at home by Juve so if they weren t in all of the sudden your so called super sttaetgy goes down the drain.

To recap to test the market efficiency for a league yes,to find a subset of games in a niche league where the bookie might be making a mistake yes but Team strategy or H2H is ridiculous and i will mention the law of  The Law of Large Numbers (note LAW, even you can't argue with a LAW can you?) states that as the number of trials increases the ratio of successes to converges upon the expected ration of success.wll i think 50 matches (team strategy) or H2H 10 matches doesn t fit in that category

Anyway thank you and all the best,just trying to help and give an honest opinion,i might be wrong and i m open to discussion
Hello,

We are grateful for your constructive suggestions, we must think about Pinnacle opening odds, it's a great idea.
We are very open to these kinda discussions and suggestions.

About H2H:
This is the point where we certainly do not agree since there is a 3 points system, it is often best option to give 3 points to each other than play it as a draw ... This is  3 points mathematically instead of 2 points if they would play 2 draws, this is applied to some team pairs and for this, you don't need thousands of data against each other, the numbers never lies :)

Of course, this is not true for all team pairs, but its another advantage for bettors, as long as they know about this ...

ODDS4STATS
NedlogViiibes
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 25, 2017 9:17 am

I'd like to recommend the book Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. The title even sums up the problem with your examples.
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 25, 2017 11:32 am

De Graaf wrote: Good day,

Took a (very shallow) look at the service and wanted to ask why softs are considered for closing odds. Skimming through these pages I see it has already been brought up.
Nonetheless, I'd rather ask again why is there an option at all, to consider closing odds of those books?
The question takes into consideration the following: A Marathonbet closing odd is meaningless and therefore irrelevant to any statistical analysis and predictions.
Would you consider that to be true?
All this is said because you are selling a service with a very-friendly interface(kudos) intended to save effort(kudos again), which can be quite misleading to some users( as in, a user will run some filters, look at percentages and arrive at conclusions).

Have you considered(would you find it useful?) to provide the functionality to run a set of matches results(any filter) against a basebook closing odds and the same set against a soft book afterwards(since you have the option) and the payout shown would be the difference of payouts between the two( so two bookie filters, base and soft)?
This would provide some measurement of bookies efficiency, rather then a predictor of outcomes(or what's left on the table).

Also, do you have any (at least vague) plans to expand the db to include other types of stats. One aspect would be the temporal, for example, something as simple as time of goal scored?
I understand( and have no clue  :D) what would you measure performance against, but maybe there is no need. One stat type can be run against another. (this, to my mind, is a short jump from what you have as I assume the same infrastructure can be used, though a proper db may hard to get by).
Then end result (stat against stat) could be a percentage, conveniently shown as odd( in various formats).
This could open a door to live-betting, where possibly more wiggle room is to be found.

This Qs may be a bit off of your main goals for the service, they are not meant with any negativity about what you offer.
Cheers
Hello,

Thanks for the thoughts, we're glad you're open to communication. Well, let's just say that the ODDS4STATS team did spend a lot of time to represent this database to the public.
About closing odds and Marathonbet, we know that the most accurate data is the closing odds, there is two things we are very concerned about at ODDS4STATS:

One of that is every match should be under 100% payout, not in arb situation, so there are no unrealistic odds among the data! So, even the Marathonbet is a soft, they can not give an abruptly different odds from the market (btw Marathonbet make mistakes with their opening odds)

The other one is that in many cases the given bookie does not give odds to every match (obviously this is not true for the top leagues);
Example, if Pinnacle does not give odds for a game in Argentine Primer League, then the data would be incomplete, but if we add data from another bookie then we have odds for the event.

Anyway, apart from this, it's a good idea to add a filter for soft and basebook odds, we will consider that. But you also need to know that because of this 100% payout this filter will not have a strong impact on the stats.

And yes, there is more in our pool than HT/FT and scorers minute, but such a development requires a lot of work, and if the market demand it then we will provide it :)

ODDS4STATS
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 am

Hi,

We have good news for you: ODDS4STATS' odds database has continued to grow. Furthermore, we can say that after listening to subscriber requests, we have made 2 major improvements over the past period.

One is the unique filtering of Pinnacle sports odds in the Value Miner, so with this, 100% of the market leader leagues can be filtered and analyzed.

Another very important development is Value Miner Plus, where you can filter the leagues with just a few clicks, specifying the parameters, such as Home / Away / Draw, odds range, Profit / Payout / Hit rate sorting and date selections.

This development gives a very accurate picture of the transparency of the leagues, especially when you compare the them to each other.

In the following period, we will re-analyze the leagues and teams that we have previously predicted on Arbusers, and we will show you how helpful ODDS4STATS' tools are for pro bettors, gamblers or who want to be, so for you.

Beat the bookies. You can.

ODDS4STATS
djordjeno
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi there,

I looked all tutorial videos and have question, why you think that only home/draw/away odds can be profitable?
Service is too expensive, and sorry but I do not see something what is helpful to "beat the bookies".

Of course well know question is why you need subscription fee from players when you have/own this tool? If it is profitable use it by placing own bets.
In betting world anyone who have subscription  and referral programs aims to make profit from people not based on own betting knowledge or advantage.

Good luck!
dejancg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:13 pm

djordjeno wrote:
In betting world anyone who have subscription  and referral programs aims to make profit from people not based on own betting knowledge or advantage.
I have to disagree. In my opinion it's completely fine to try to make profit by selling your knowledge or providing the service you've created.
Besides, if you are a smart gambler, it's very likely that at one point you would lose access to some bookies due to the account being limited or even closed. In such case, why not keep getting profit using your knowledge and/or service? And finally, a scalable service many people are able to use without interruption is far from easy to create, so that ability alone deserves a reasonable level of profit.

EDIT: I just realized this post is almost a year old, haha, sorry about that. No idea why it appeared in my unread posts.
Last edited by dejancg on Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zazzbg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 07, 2019 6:35 am

The usability of this website is terrible. I see no button to buy/subscribe, the contact form does not work (I click on the Send button and nothing happens), the support is non-existent. I've sent feedback, emails, etc... never received an answer.
So hopefully you can enlighten on me how to subscribe/buy your services???
O4S
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 08, 2019 5:04 pm

Sorry for the late answer.

As most of the unique start-ups, ODDS4STATS also has an acquisition period. We need further financial resources to ensure that our unique odds database and services are up-to-date, we can continue our analyses, developings and marketing activities.

Thanks to our high quality services and solutions, ODDS4STATS has received investor inquiries. For the request of the investors, the update of the services has been suspended until the agreement is concluded.

We hope to have good news soon. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. At the same time, we inform you that ODDS4STATS is open for further investor offers.
alfonso88
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:17 pm

I can see that your website doesnt work anymore. Does anyone know some other website when i can try my strategies, or some backtesting?
data-mate
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:18 pm

alfonso88 wrote: I can see that your website doesnt work anymore. Does anyone know some other website when i can try my strategies, or some backtesting?
Hi alfonso88.
I'm not completely familiar with the way O4S offered filtering and backtesting, but would a list of a bunch of soccer matches, their final available odds prior to the match (the whole odd movement data is available too!) and the fixture's end result help you with your endeavour?
If yes, let me know. The list contains games from December 2019 up until now and it covers roughly 30 major leagues. I have some data in raw format, but the idea is to put it on a website or offer some kind of service.
If anyone else is interested, please let me know as well. I'd really appreciate your feedback to improve the service (or just see that it's useless altogether  :) ).

Return to “Value betting talk”