My introduction to this forum

Ask anything about smart gambling
Oldboy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

My introduction to this forum

Wed May 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi Arbers,

I hope you’re all good. Let me introduce myself briefly, since I’m new to this forum. I work as a product designer at a tech company in Stockholm. I’m in my mid 30s and live a family life in one of the suburbs  :).

I stumbled upon arbitrage betting quite recently. So my knowledge contribution to this forum will not be great. At least not for now.

A couple of months ago I knew nothing about arbitrage betting. To be honest I had very little experience of betting in general. A friend of mine has been doing som high stake betting over the years though. And every time he talked about it I would listen carefully. He introduced the concept of value betting which stuck on me.

In the beginning of this year I wanted to try it out and started to collect odds from different site to compare them. My idea was to look for odds that was better than the average and bet on those. I compared all the odds and realised that if I took the best odds from different sites and placed them on opposing outcomes I would always win. This is of course the very basic of a arbitrage ::), but I had never heard of it and got quite excited to be honest  ;D .

Now a couple of months later my enthusiasm has calmed downed a bit  :-\. After some extensive research in the subject I signed up to 8 different site and got a 2 week trial at Rebelbetting. Except the bonuses I’ve been making around 50€ because of a couple of mistakes. But most discouraging is the limitation my accounts been enforced with on almost all of the sites. >:( I’ve tried to be cautious and followed the general rules on how to not to be limited. But I guess I became greedy and placed one to many bets on some minor league in Japanese baseball  :o.

The feeling I’m having now is that it’s not possible to make any money on this. But the whole idea of arbitrage betting is to appealing for me to let go of. My guess is that some of you have been in where I’m at. Any great tips to share with me?

I have som ideas or thoughts that I want to discuss separately in a new topic. But this it it for now.
Last edited by Oldboy on Wed May 03, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geetz
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: My introduction to this forum

Wed May 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Tjena. Welcome. You will find most of the answers here in this forum.
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu May 04, 2017 8:49 am

Oldboy wrote: Any great tips to share with me?
In your case just one. You have good job, young family and live in a nice place. Spending time to learn the ropes of sport arbitrage at the stage where it is now would be a total waste of good life for you.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu May 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Welcome to the forum Oldboy,
I don't see where your focus is. Is it on arbitrage or value betting? Of course there is relevance between these 2, but you have to unravel them somehow.
The good old days are long gone now and I remember a number of Swedes who did an excellent career in arbitrage. This is not a no go signal from my side, it is just a remark that things are harder these days. Feel free to ask your question.
Oldboy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks for your replies. I don't think or wish this to be my main source of income. But If I potentially could make an extra €1000 / month it would definitely put a gold lining (to translate a Swedish expression) to me and my family in our every day life :). And for some reason I'm drawn to this. I think I see it like a challenge or a puzzle with a reward in the end  ::).

My way in to this was the idea of always looking for the best odds from different bookies. This was of course a naive thought and at that point I didn't know anything about soft & sharp bookies. I'm interested  in both arbitrage and value betting and I will read the forum here to see if anything sticks on me. As I wrote I have a couple of ideas that I would like to have challenged. But I need to write them down first.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri May 05, 2017 6:44 am

You cannot make by yourself. Find friends, or bookies will beat you. They  have lots of weapons. Limits is just one of them.
Oldboy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri May 05, 2017 6:35 pm

Yes CharlieSheen99, that's something I've picked up on a couple of places here at the forum ??? I have litteraly no clue what that means :o. Why would someone help me? What's in it for them?

But if that's how this is done. Anyone want to be my friend  ::)
Last edited by Oldboy on Fri May 05, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Newbie's questions”