RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Visiting Cyclades in July

Anything else but gambling
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Visiting Cyclades in July

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Arbusers wrote: Good to hear back from you, but sad to see that you had this kind of adventures that I m sure irritated you and your wife at a time when you needed to be relaxed. It is now too late, but it would be better to book your boats from big and well established companies. By visiting their web page, I conclude that this company is small, managing only 6 boats. In addition, it would be better to book boats using a broker such as incrediblue and others. They operate in the same way like trivago and booking.com but they offer boats and not hotel rooms. This creates an extra layer of safety for you as the accountability of the bot owner is now real.
Alfa1234 wrote: The boat had been hoaled out of the water and I will be charged the repair damages (not specified) to my Neteller card (including an 380€ crane fee).  They have a €1800 deposit "blocked" on my card.  Any advice on getting Neteller to stop this from being charged and unblocking that money would be greatly appreciated.
I completely understand they way that thing works, more or less it is the same like renting a car from Hertz or any other company of this type. Here is an important question for you: Did you sign any document accepting the damage to the boat? If your answer is yes, you will lose your 380 euros, hands down. If the answer is no you must contact NT and inform them that you do not accept any additional charge from that company. They will request from you to send that in a special e-mail, must probably you might be asked to sign a declaration for this.
As for the blocked money of 1800, this will remain blocked for some time. Last time I rent a car from Herz it was blocked for 1 month. When I rent a car from a b class company it was blocked for 3 months and then returned to my account. The money is kept for any damage you might cause to the bot. If you didn't sign anything accepting the damage, you have to inform NT again that you do not accept any additional charge, and at the end of this period, you will have your money back in full.
Very complicated matter, but the important thing for me is that they irritated you and your wife and missed a chance for some great vacation in Greece. Lets hope you get another chance soon.
Thank you for your reply.  We actually used "zeilnet", a Dutch company as our broker so we didn't book it directly at Action Yachts.  Upon contacting them by phone yesterday they basically said "you should have notified us instantly when you got there if there was a problem with the boat...too late now".  I'll try to get a refund from them for our hotel costs at least and will add the taxi bill etc just for good measure.

It's exactly like it works with a car rental as you described.  I've rented boats several times and the process is the same.

No, I did not sign any document accepting any damages.  To be clear, the €380 is only for the crane, the damages will be added on top of that and I'm sure it'll be over 1800€ because they'll take what they can get.  The €1800 already went off my Neteller so it was already "charged"...I will off course refuse any additional charge but am not sure how I can tell Neteller the previous charge (blockage of the €1800) should be released to me and not to Action Yachts, I'm not sure how it works with them but I will give them a call tomorrow to see how to proceed.  I don't care if it takes a few months, I just don't want those crooks to get it.

I've been to Greece before...I know things like these are the exception to the rule and our general impression of the Greek people is really great.  We actually met some lovely people these last 2 weeks as well.  Crooks can be found anywhere...
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Alfa1234 wrote: The €1800 already went off my Neteller so it was already "charged"...
I believe you can have a charge back. Some time ago I purchased a toy online and the manufacturer charged me 3 times for the same toy. The funny thing is that they charged me 3 different amounts because they were calculating the USD/EUR rate at different times. I contacted NT and they charged back 2 of the transactions.
I believe you shout press zeilnet some more as I believe brokers have the power to settle things in favour of the client. You never know, if they had a 2nd/3rd complaint they might stop working with them.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow and will let you know.  Will also prepare a long complaint letter for "Zeilnet".  :)
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 am

Neteller said I have to wait 45 days to be able to dispute this transaction as it's a rental transaction.  So I have to call back after 15 August. That seemed very weird to me but ok...
arbusers
Administrator

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:56 am

Did you clearly inform NT that you will not allow any payment from the blocked money? Did you send that in email also?
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm

They said they cannot do anything untill the merchant actually approves the transaction, so far the money is only blocked and as long as it's blocked they cannot dispute it according to them.

I will inform them by email as well...as it sounded strange to me.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:38 am

Happy to report I got a full refund of my deposit today...it took a lot of forms and emails but in the end I won the case.  ;D
arbusers
Administrator

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Congrats Alfa1234 for saving your cash from their cheap tricks.
I was wondering how/if they intent to react.

Return to “Rest Area”