RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Limited due to Responsible Gaming?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Limited due to Responsible Gaming?

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:35 pm

Has anybody else been limited due to responsible gaming measures?

I have been losing thousands with Unibet as every arb I take seems to lose there. I thought that losing there was the only reason that my account was still intact as they tend to restrict fairly quickly, but this morning I found out that I am only able to get £5-15 off on most matches.

My first assumption was that they had figured out that I was arbing and were worried that, despite always losing, I was bound to win eventually. But then I checked my inbox and I found an e-mail telling me that they were concerned about how much money I was losing and they wanted reassurance that I was in control.

I have mailed them back informing them that I am fine and that I can handle the losses, but I expect that this account is now sadly dead.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Limited due to Responsible Gaming?

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:08 am

I think the limiting and email are just a coincidence. 

Their software will limit you once it identifies you are a probable arber whether your winning or losing.

The fact you are losing and on an unlucky streak may have set off a different flag about "responsible gaming" as well, and under the nanny state the UK has become they have to follow it up with the email etc.
Never trust a goose!!!
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:11 am

Dealer wins is right.They want to limit you because they cannot risk,as they think that you are an arber..How much you lose in this bookie and send you this message?
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
okakabukaka
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:27 am

it is not about responsible gaming. if they making money from you they won't care even if you losing 10 million $ they would probably give you expensive gifts to make you happy. bookies not making money from your winning or losing bets. if your betting non value odds they are making money. even if they can't match in their site they can easily make money when they buy your bet in higher odd somewhere especially in asia or betfair. so winning or losing is not the point. only odds.
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:35 pm

gamblehappier wrote: How much you lose in this bookie and send you this message?
I lost around £4000 with them. They are the only book where I have a significant loss.

After I replied telling them that I was in control and am financially secure enough to handle the losses, they have followed this up by asking for ID verification. Apparently, once I prove that it is my money I am losing, they will lift the limit. Let's see what happens...
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Surprisingly they really did lift my limit. I can't believe it.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Difficult to believe. Please report back when they limit you again.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:19 pm

doozy wrote: Surprisingly they really did lift my limit. I can't believe it.
This is impossible.They will limit you again after a few bets(2-10 i believe)
Last edited by gamblehappier on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:19 am

You called it as I was limited again after only one bet...
Shariks93
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:33 am

You are limited to 10%, its still valuable because unibet creates hundreds of live arbs with 365 in all sports every week. you take good money every month  8)

I think they unlimited you for this time because you got banned by sistem not real person, they checked that you are bog looser with them and got another chance :D
Shariks93
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:35 am

Shariks93 wrote: You are limited to 10%, its still valuable because unibet creates hundreds of live arbs with 365 in all sports every week. you take good money every month  8)

I think they unlimited you for this time because you got banned by sistem not real person, they checked that you are big looser with them and got another chance :D
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 am

Shariks93 wrote: You are limited to 10%, its still valuable because unibet creates hundreds of live arbs with 365 in all sports every week. you take good money every month  8)
Yes, there's still some money to be made there. I made £10 from one arb there earlier this morning despite them only allowing small stakes.

I think it's less than 10% though? I was only able to get £5 on a European Handicap on the Manchester United v Sampdoria game today. I imagine that they would be accepting much more than £50 on that market.

Fortunately that arb was part of a 3-way where I didn't need too much on that third of the bet anyway.
Shariks93
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:48 am

doozy wrote:
Yes, there's still some money to be made there. I made £10 from one arb there earlier this morning despite them only allowing small stakes.

I think it's less than 10% though? I was only able to get £5 on a European Handicap on the Manchester United v Sampdoria game today. I imagine that they would be accepting much more than £50 on that market.

Fortunately that arb was part of a 3-way where I didn't need too much on that third of the bet anyway.
Which other bookmakers where involved? i think with 3 way arbs its hard, because they change very fast
doozy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:01 am

Shariks93 wrote:Which other bookmakers where involved? i think with 3 way arbs its hard, because they change very fast
Paddy Power, who seem to regularly offer 10%+ arbs that aren't palps and 10Bet.

Three ways are trickier as there's a greater risk that one of the odds will change, but I find that when you have an arb using -0.25, DNB and a draw the odds don't change as quickly when no other bookie is offering a +0.25 or a DNB to create a two way arb. Traders also seem to not pick on these kind of three way arbs and I find that they accept large stakes when my bets are referred to them more often than they reject them.

Unibet's traders also sometimes accept the bets, so long as they are not the bookie causing the arb, but it's obviously risky as the other half might disappear while you are waiting for them to approve the bet.
Shariks93
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:26 am

doozy wrote:
Shariks93 wrote:Which other bookmakers where involved? i think with 3 way arbs its hard, because they change very fast
Paddy Power, who seem to regularly offer 10%+ arbs that aren't palps and 10Bet.

Three ways are trickier as there's a greater risk that one of the odds will change, but I find that when you have an arb using -0.25, DNB and a draw the odds don't change as quickly when no other bookie is offering a +0.25 or a DNB to create a two way arb. Traders also seem to not pick on these kind of three way arbs and I find that they accept large stakes when my bets are referred to them more often than they reject them.

Unibet's traders also sometimes accept the bets, so long as they are not the bookie causing the arb, but it's obviously risky as the other half might disappear while you are waiting for them to approve the bet.
I am placing only LIVE bets, not prematch! faster settled and more than prematch...

Paddy is limited for me after 2-3 bets to 2-3EUR, not opportunity to get something  :'(
10bet i dont like in live, their bet accepting time is too long

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”