BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Arbing nowdays

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Ba
Battlefield24

Arbing nowdays

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Hello everyone, i have been looking for quite a while all the post and topics about arbing because i am trying to start again arbing after 1 year and trying to see where the new loopholes are even thought webcam verification has been a bomb. Something got my attention and in most of the post and comments i see the pros and the newbies and what i dont get is how can this much amount of money can be made in a short time, there was some newbies doing like 10k a month. Ok i get it more money invested but there is a limit bet u can place. I am not counting the errors made and the void bets. And also acc gets limited so how they can achieve so much in a month. i am not telling you come and tell me all your secrets and serve them in a plate of gold but i really dont get it and its bugging me so much because there is normal for a pro that after all this time has made a huge amount of money i get it.
Also another thing is the own arbing system after a lot of research i see a lot people telling that you cant be called an arber if you dont have your own arbing system. I am a software engineer just finished school and i cant do an app like this.(is there any problem with my coding skills or there is a formula that must be implemented?)
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Arbing nowdays

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:06 pm

What do you mean by "there is a formula that must be implemented?" 

Of course there is. Many formulas. How do you plan to detect arb situations without formulas?
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Take it easy, developing a good arbing software is not an easy task. I don't think the fact that you can't do it means there's a problem with your skills at all ;)

On the other hand, you can rest assured that guys making 10k/month are not newbies.

Good luck and remember: practice makes perfect.
Ba
Battlefield24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 am

What kind of formulas the botstraping procces and the one comparing the odds ?
Can i find this pieces of code anyware?
And is it worth buy or renting a software (have heard about rebelbetting and oddmonkey)? If yes which one is worth it ?
Last edited by Battlefield24 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:04 pm

If you don't know how to identify an arbitrage (mathematically speaking) how can you program it? It's not about development skills. You must know the process and the math to detect arbitrages before coding it. Don't look for pieces of code. Look for the formulas and understand the calculations.

However that's the easy part. After understanding the formulas you have much more difficult tasks, like getting odds from different bookmakers (apis, scraping, etc), and match the events and markets (how do you tell if events are the same on different bookmakers)? Ask betburger or oddstorm how they do it :)
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
GubbedAndSubbed

Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Random question really: but would software engineering be the most appropriate Uni course , to undertake you you wanted to create arb software? ... i ttought something like computer science software developing would be the perfect fit?!
Is james Butlers "programming for betfair" any good?
it runs off of Visual basic, which seems easier to code than java etc
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:19 pm

I dont get it why u have to program it or waste recources. Good developer earns very good money creating some google or amazon, not some marginal project which is waste of time. When u know bookies have teams of developers to create some algos to detect arbers lot more
Ba
Battlefield24

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Yeah yeah i own facebook i am just doing this for fun
Harmonica
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 pm

in college they don't teach you how to web scrape so there's something the arb softwares do that you also need to do hehe.
aprogrammer
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:57 pm

The maths is tricky, but you can find the formulas on the internet. The rest i much much harder.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”